2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

3 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

NBA oficially unveiled ASG uniforms with same photos as we've already seen + Kia logo (probably with wrongly phostoshop on West jersey, because background is navy instead of red), but here is a warmup shirt:

2024-all-star-warmup.png

Really giving a shoutout to those midwest bowling leagues with this one

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • LOL 8

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 1/24/2024 at 7:08 PM, VikWings said:

Was the Jazz the biggest flop/most tone deaf rebrand of all time?

Are we talking NBA, Big Four, or Big 4+1? Because the Chicago Fire accidentally ripped off a gang symbol and had to walk it back as soon as possible. And the alarm-clock Buccaneers were so poorly received that they basically went back to their old uniforms, though whether that was a rebrand or just new uniforms within an existing brand is up for debate. But as far as the NBA goes, I can't think of a rebrand that went worse than Utah's. 

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 1/24/2024 at 9:08 PM, MCM0313 said:

You know what I wish they’d do? Bring back the purple as a nod to their New Orleans origins, and the baby blue from the mid-aughts since jazz music is based on the blues, plus a nice sky blue seems appropriate for Utah. The cool color scheme complements the mountainous terrain. If they need a warm color for balance, bring back the copper from the Purple Mountains’ Majesty set. For a bit more of a New Orleans flavor, use green as a trim color, or don’t. 

I still feel like their double-blue from the mid-aughts was a missed opportunity, and the dark blue should instead have been purple (which stayed in that logo anyway). 

I've always liked this suggestion and I love that the NBA has so much purple. Pairing the Red Rocks format with the cool color scheme has been my preferred modernization route (90s look is fun but not worth bringing back full time IMO). 

Have never understood the clamoring for copper, personally. The contrast between a bright blue and a darker purple would be plenty to work with. 

On 1/26/2024 at 7:34 AM, -Akronite- said:

Have never understood the clamoring for copper, personally. The contrast between a bright blue and a darker purple would be plenty to work with. 

Someone here explained to me that the '96 Jazz palette was a subtle '90sization of the Mardi Gras colors: purple carried over, green became the teal-ish green they used for the evergreen trees, and yellow became copper. This doesn't account for the sky blue, but it's an interesting breakdown.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 2024-01-26 at 1:34 PM, -Akronite- said:

I've always liked this suggestion and I love that the NBA has so much purple. Pairing the Red Rocks format with the cool color scheme has been my preferred modernization route (90s look is fun but not worth bringing back full time IMO). 

Copper is the state metal of Utah and a compliment colour to bright blue, hence the calls.

• Like 5

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

gettyimages-1057706658.jpg

1937751_original.jpg?1297821383

Still the best Jazz uniform set in their history. This ain't up for debate.

Even that black alternate...perfect change of pace for the primary home and aways at the time.

Just bite the bullet and bring 'em back permanently, Utah. Just gon' and do it already...

• Like 11
  • Dislike 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, tBBP said:

Even that black alternate...perfect change of pace for the primary home and aways at the time.

Just bite the bullet and bring 'em back permanently, Utah. Just gon' and do it already...

Nope. Too dated. It's 100% 90s nostalgia just like the green jerseys were 10 years ago. In about 5-10 years us Jazz fans will be clamoring for these ...

Carlos-Boozer-Deron-Williams-Los-Angeles

74222613.jpg

78668648.jpg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Hurl 2
  • Dislike 5
  • Facepalm 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

53 minutes ago, kimball said:

Nope. Too dated. It's 100% 90s nostalgia just like the green jerseys were 10 years ago. In about 5-10 years us Jazz fans will be clamoring for these ...

Carlos-Boozer-Deron-Williams-Los-Angeles

74222613.jpg

78668648.jpg.jpg

I feel fully confident that in 5-10 years nobody on planet Earth will be clamoring for those. 

On the other hand, there's probably a good reason, aside from nostalgia, that people are clamoring for the "mountainball" uniforms: that was the Jazz's most successful period in team history. 

As I said, it ain't up for debate. 😁

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 1/29/2024 at 8:54 AM, tBBP said:

I think their city edition this year is a solid modernization of this look. There's a couple things I'd change about it to bring it closer to the '90s look, but it's on the right track.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

22 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

I don't know a single Jazz fan that misses or likes the Boozer/Williams set

Oh, no I hate those jerseys, I'm just saying the demand for this or that throwback follows a trend of nostalgia. But, I'll always be a fan of the Jazz note logo, never a big fan of the 90s or 00s look.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Didn't hear much more about the Celtics vs Pacers uniform matchup being put to a public vote, so not entirely sure the NBA followed through with it, but either the suits or the general public decided this should be a white City uniform vs. a black City uniform in the end. 🙄

• Hurl 3
  • Hate 1
  • Facepalm 1

I like this idea. It reminds me of the wall of high school hockey jerseys on display at the Wild's home arena.

The only thing that strikes me as odd about it is that covering the whole state would also include the Kings' and Warriors' markets. Maybe limiting it to southern California high schools would make more sense.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

wow for the entire state of california? that is a LOT.. i know the pelicans do the same thing but y'know, its louisiana. 

102816_jerseydisplay.jpg

google says there's 3,892 highschools in california. so i am really eager to see how they will pull it off. i hope they can do it in a way where fans can come in and find their highschool's jersey (like have sections for certain regions, cities, disticts, etc.). 

• Like 1