2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

9 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Looks like I probably won't get the rebrand I was hoping for 🙄

I am 99.9% sure that is a decal and not an actual court. Zooming in on this photo, and I see zero depth to the "wood." There are also no media boundary markings on the end lines, and the baskets are "hanging" off the court. That sucker is flush with the concrete.

Not to mention, but the wood texture looks fake, and the design is honestly too conservative to actually be used by the Clippers. This is likely just for the press conference, which has been noted to be to announce an ASG.

• Like 2

how are you supposed to use the qr code?  When the camera is zoomed in on a guy for a few seconds, are you supposed to grab your phone to scan it?  This one baffles me. 

If they wanted them on retail jerseys so that fans were walking QR codes that their friends might scan, well that's dumb but OK.  But 99% of retail jerseys don't have the ads, so it's just silly.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, BBTV said:

how are you supposed to use the qr code?  When the camera is zoomed in on a guy for a few seconds, are you supposed to grab your phone to scan it?  This one baffles me. 

If they wanted them on retail jerseys so that fans were walking QR codes that their friends might scan, well that's dumb but OK.  But 99% of retail jerseys don't have the ads, so it's just silly.

I imagine it's more to get people's attention rather than to be used practically... at least, I hope that was the reasoning behind whoever pitched this on the conference call.

• Like 5

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

11 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

And so it begins...

Kinda sucks for me because they were going to wear those against the Nets and the Suns.

Cool, now we have two strictly black and white teams. Don’t know why everybody is allergic to actual colors, but it sucks. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Cool, now we have two strictly black and white teams. Don’t know why everybody is allergic to actual colors, but it sucks. 

The highlighter yellow is still pretty prominent on the black uniforms (especially considering you can see the front jersey numbers from space). I wouldn’t say they’re a strictly black and white team now. 

In any case, hardly anyone in the fan base liked the yellow uniforms. It was certainly the most hated of the rebrand set.

• Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The two purple jerseys they've got outside of the "standard" set are going to combine to get nearly as much run-out as the black and white ones, so I wouldn't go that far just yet. They seem pretty clearly in damage-control mode.

• Like 8

Was the Jazz the biggest flop/most tone deaf rebrand of all time?

Even the Buffaslug was at least a return to the classic colors in a way.

Everyone has their personal preference but it seems most would have lived with either: Purple/Green,  update of the 90s mountain set, the red rocks, or continue using the then current colors (navy/green/yellow) and instead they release black and highlighter yellow practice uniforms for whatever reason. ("WE'RE THE BEHIVE STATE AND BEES ARE BLACK AND YELLOW!!11").

The current city jersey with a white counterpart would have nearly been a home run. And if you really wanted black jersey you could have easily had a black Third/Statement.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Digby said:

The two purple jerseys they've got outside of the "standard" set are going to combine to get nearly as much run-out as the black and white ones, so I wouldn't go that far just yet. They seem pretty clearly in damage-control mode.

3 hours ago, JakeH28 said:

How likely is it that the Jazz actually change soon? That jersey was an awful nightmare, and belongs in the dumpster

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I keep forgetting that is Utah's primary colorway, and on the off chance I am reminded (partially because they try now to show it that much), I chortle. 

WHAT a mistake that rebrand was. 

57 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Even the Buffaslug was at least a return to the classic colors in a way.

Everyone has their personal preference but it seems most would have lived with either: Purple/Green,  update of the 90s mountain set, the red rocks, or continue using the then current colors (navy/green/yellow) and instead they release black and highlighter yellow practice uniforms for whatever reason. ("WE'RE THE BEHIVE STATE AND BEES ARE BLACK AND YELLOW!!11").

The current city jersey with a white counterpart would have nearly been a home run. And if you really wanted black jersey you could have easily had a black Third/Statement.

You know what I wish they’d do? Bring back the purple as a nod to their New Orleans origins, and the baby blue from the mid-aughts since jazz music is based on the blues, plus a nice sky blue seems appropriate for Utah. The cool color scheme complements the mountainous terrain. If they need a warm color for balance, bring back the copper from the Purple Mountains’ Majesty set. For a bit more of a New Orleans flavor, use green as a trim color, or don’t. 

I still feel like their double-blue from the mid-aughts was a missed opportunity, and the dark blue should instead have been purple (which stayed in that logo anyway). 

• Like 2

It wasn't a missed opportunity. It was a just plain miss. All they were trying to do was cash in on the Mark Cuban Mavericks. Sloppy logo recolor, MS WordArt scripts, phantom side panels. None of it was good, but the board consensus at the time was that it "screamed Utah," to this day one of the most enervating board memes.

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, I wasn’t a fan of the double blue from the get-go. If anything “Screamed Utah,” it was the mountain era set and colors; the double blue set just sort of blurted “generic cold weather location.” It needed a third color, something warmer like orange or copper, to help it look significantly more “Utah.” I mean, the obvious inspiration to justify that kind of a color scheme was right there:

spacer.png

And depending on the shades and tints, they mayyybe could’ve stretched something with double blue, orange, and gold that could’ve been argued as a nod to the 2002 Olympics:

spacer.png

But alas, they didn’t go that kind of route for whatever reason.

Granted, I’d honestly take the double blue over the current black and yellow set if I were to rank all-time Jazz sets, but that’s more of an indictment of the current set than it is an endorsement of the double blue set for sure. It wasn’t great and I don’t miss it all that much.

• Like 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

21 hours ago, VikWings said:

Eh. I wouldn't call it a flop. It definitely wasn't thought all the way through. I don't mind the colors that much, the design is just bad. Too plain. Sure there's the note jersey, but it just doesn't feel like the Jazz. I think if you add purple as a main color that'd work really well. 

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

NBA oficially unveiled ASG uniforms with same photos as we've already seen + Kia logo (probably with wrongly phostoshop on West jersey, because background is navy instead of red), but here is a warmup shirt:

2024-all-star-warmup.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

4r2eer.png