2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

late and have no idea if somebody already mentioned this but i was just checking out some highlights of a rockets game from about a week ago and noticed that they actually have the full team name going across the baseline from top to bottom. not sure if this has been around all season or if any other team does the same but at last the world is healing

IMG-7960.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

2 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

late and have no idea if somebody already mentioned this but i was just checking out somr highlights of a rockets game from about a week ago and noticed that they actually have the full team name going across the baseline from top to bottom. not sure if this has been around all season or if any other team does the same but at last the world is healing

IMG-7960.jpg

Was it nationally televised or local? I think there are different rules where for one they don’t need to leave the top park blank for ads.

• Like 1

Local games don't have to leave it blank, but most teams have their own sponsors for local-only games that they've been putting there. I guess the Rockets haven't sold that so they can drop in "Houston" and appear less greedy than the rest, for now.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 2:59 PM, gosioux76 said:

I don't think the players' issue was with sleeves in general, but more specifically with the sleeves as Adidas made them. Those shirts were form-fitting and I think the complaint was that they were too restrictive. It's easy to see why just by looking at them.

spacer.png

I remember they complained that sleeves is too tight and it might be true. Between shoulder and arm you've got that mesh which I don't think it helps with mobility no matter of what adidas said back in the day.

If nike ever wanted to bring sleeves jerseys, they can just use soccer template for that.

4r2eer.png

• 2 weeks later...

What's the meaning of the colors? The game is in Indianapolis; those are Cavaliers colors. Anyone got any more info?

• Facepalm 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Red is West and navy is East, I guess they wouldn't mess up with that, but to be fair it was a huge mistake to use 2021 uniforms for 2021 game instead of keeping them for 2024 and in 2021 use some teamwear since game was in Atlanta not Indiana.

Jerseys looks like a mix of 2020 (overall design) with 2015/2019 (stars on side).

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

better than what we’ve seen in recent years. the color palette is so much better. but i’m still waiting to see something “click” in terms of design. but this is a nice step in direction. not that bad considering they had to scrap the original jerseys they had in plan in 2021. which i remember not as much people liking but these felt like the last jerseys to really give a nod to the host city franchise 

98402.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

better than what we’ve seen in recent years. the color palette is so much better. but i’m still waiting to see something “click” in terms of design. but this is a nice step in direction. not that bad considering they had to scrap the original jerseys they had in plan in 2021. which i remember not as much people liking but these felt like the last jerseys to really give a nod to the host city franchise 

98402.jpg

Sadly, this game was played in Atlanta (switched there after covid), so while it was giving a nice nod to the Pacers' history and jerseys, it was so out of place, too.

• Like 1

Read this on UW or in a tweet, but the motion lines are on the wrong side, since Jerry West is going right to left.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

33 minutes ago, Digby said:

That shade of red strikes me as too dark for a color-vs-color matchup... sounds about right for a year of NBA that's had its share of unwatchable matchups.

You say that like it hasn’t been an issue since even before Nike took over

• Like 1

Those colors of the All-Star unis are really pleasant and the design is not bad at all, considering what has been rolled out all these past years, even though I can see the issue with not enough contrast between the two. I need the wordmarks to be East and West, though, now that the usual format has been reinstated.

I also can't help thinking that this design was intended for the event held in Cleveland, given how the actual ones had a very Hornets-y feel, and the fact that they had the uni assignments for these games messed up these past years.

Still, these are not quite on the level of All-Star game unis and branding that there used to be in the 00s, when you could tell what the unis looked like just by naming a sepcific year and the city.  I really miss that level of branding for this event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Looks like I probably won't get the rebrand I was hoping for 🙄

You're really assuming no new uniforms or logos based on a picture of a placeholder design in an under construction arena?

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Looks like I probably won't get the rebrand I was hoping for 🙄

like the other guy said i really hope this is just a placeholder design. i’m surprised no one ever mentions this but half the time the clippers play at home they don’t even look like the home team unless they’re wearing their black jerseys. 

• Like 1