2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

There aren’t that many royal and red teams, are there? Pistons come to mind and they’ve always rocked those colors wonderfully, with the exception of their absurd foray into teal.

The Pistons have pivoted heavily into black and gray in recent years (thankfully gray seems to have mostly passed), and also seem to be actively minimizing red to the best of their ability - refusing to bring back their old red alternate as the Statement edition, and eliminating their classic court design which was red-heavy. I keep hoping sanity will prevail at some point, but the trend just keeps getting worse.

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

There aren’t that many royal and red teams, are there? Pistons come to mind and they’ve always rocked those colors wonderfully, with the exception of their absurd foray into teal. Sixers have usually looked good in those colors too. There are way more red and black: Bulls, Raptors, Blazers, Rockets, Hawks (plus yellow), Heat (plus yellow),  Cavs (dishonorable mention). LAC going back to royal and red would be a breath of fresh air at this point.  (So would the sky blue and burnt orange from their distant past.)

The Pistons and Sixers are still royal and red, and I'd assume casual fans are still more likely to associate those teams with that color scheme than the Clippers. Even with the recent uptick in success, it's hard to overlook the previous decades of futility and terrible ownership in those colors.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

20 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

That script still has the same problems as the Clippers one with the white outline filling most of the counters.

And this is what in my opinion make these wordmark great, because they are unusual and unique compare to standard outline.

4r2eer.png

4 hours ago, projectjohn said:

The Pistons have pivoted heavily into black and gray in recent years (thankfully gray seems to have mostly passed), and also seem to be actively minimizing red to the best of their ability - refusing to bring back their old red alternate as the Statement edition, and eliminating their classic court design which was red-heavy. I keep hoping sanity will prevail at some point, but the trend just keeps getting worse.

Well, this season isn’t one they’re going to want to remember, so hopefully they pivot away from that trend. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I was thinking about pro sports in general. There are a lot of royal & red teams, but the Clippers are the only ones that have made black another one of their main colours. I guess the Marlins are the closest thing, but the shades of blue & red they use aren't quite the same, and they're a mostly black team. The closest example I can come up with for an ideal Clippers colour balance would be similar to the old Colorado Avalanche alternates, just with a bright red instead of burgundy.

spacer.png

The Pat Patriot-era New England Patriots are another example. And the mid-late-1990s Texas Rangers. 

29 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

And this is what in my opinion make these wordmark great, because they are unusual and unique compare to standard outline.

That makes those wordmarks both, but they also look like someone made an error in photoshop that left both logos with filled counters.

22 hours ago, M4One said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few LED courts next year, especially for some of the NBA Cup games, ASG and maybe a team or two for a trial run in regular season games. I think this is cool and opens many possibilities for some cool alternate and even throwback courts.

• Like 4

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

It was predictable that NBA will follow FIBA and try to LED court by themselves. I could imagine if court pass test on events, they would like to check it in a game like next season IST Final or ASG. Then is only small step to introduce it by teams to use on regular bias.

4r2eer.png

On 2/6/2024 at 11:37 AM, Pyromania1983 said:

I get the purpose and what not, but why not just keep these in normal rotation? The uniform is 6 years old, I can only think of the JAzz as having a set that was consistently used as often (red rocks),

lol, absolutely called it that they kept the In-Season Tournament branding so generic and terrible just to make it that much more of a clear path for a corporate sponsor. Though I didn't anticipate that they'd find an extra level to the European soccer mimicry.

5144.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

personally i think it would have been better if they brought back a jersey kobe actually wore. kinda like what the warriors did in their last regular season game at oracle. the gold wishbone jersey would have been a no brainer here.  but i get this decision as well. 

--

also since no one posted it yet. grizzlies decided to come out with a new alternate court midseason.  

personally i dont like seeing grey courts anywhere outside brooklyn. aside from the tournament courts this is like the 2nd-4th time a team has come out with a grey court since the nets made it a thing? (mavs, cavs, okc, grizzlies)

• Like 4
  • WOAH 1

IMG-7122.gif