2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

personally i think it would have been better if they brought back a jersey kobe actually wore. kinda like what the warriors did in their last regular season game at oracle. the gold wishbone jersey would have been a no brainer here.  but i get this decision as well. 

--

also since no one posted it yet. grizzlies decided to come out with a new alternate court midseason.  

personally i dont like seeing grey courts anywhere outside brooklyn. aside from the tournament courts this is like the 2nd-4th time a team has come out with a grey court since the nets made it a thing? (mavs, cavs, okc, grizzlies)

If memory serves me ... the Grizzlies wanted to do a court like this a few years ago(?) because of the "Grit and Grind" mentality of the team, but the NBA denied the request. 

Of course this was all before the NBA Cup and alternate courts were a thing.

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

personally i think it would have been better if they brought back a jersey kobe actually wore. kinda like what the warriors did in their last regular season game at oracle. the gold wishbone jersey would have been a no brainer here.  but i get this decision as well. 

--

also since no one posted it yet. grizzlies decided to come out with a new alternate court midseason.  

personally i dont like seeing grey courts anywhere outside brooklyn. aside from the tournament courts this is like the 2nd-4th time a team has come out with a grey court since the nets made it a thing? (mavs, cavs, okc, grizzlies)

The grey basketball court is the NBA equivalent of redecorating your kitchen with shiplap, cement countertops, and a copper farmhouse sink.

• Like 5
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, CS85 said:

The grey basketball court is the NBA equivalent of redecorating your kitchen with shiplap, cement countertops, and a copper farmhouse sink.

Inside the NBA on HGTV with Chip and Joanna Gaines, the Property Brothers, and also Charles Barkley

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was wondering why the Nets didn't do a concrete court look. The herringbone is cool but a street ball theme would be much better suited for Brooklyn, they are the only team aside from the Knicks that can get away with this idea.

The Grizzlies doing it is just weird, I don't associate Memphis with street ball, I associate it with Three 6 Mafia, Elvis, and MLK. Also, I am very aware how weird it is I have mentioned those three things like that.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

bSLCtu2.png

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Grizzlies doing it is just weird, I don't associate Memphis with street ball, I associate it with Three 6 Mafia, Elvis, and MLK. Also, I am very aware how weird it is I have mentioned those three things like that.

MV5BN2JhNGVlNGEtMzc1Yi00ODVmLTk0M2QtNDM2

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

14 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Inside the NBA on HGTV with Chip and Joanna Gaines, the Property Brothers, and also Charles Barkley

Letter_C_Monogram_AddedBackgroundStairs.

• LOL 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Also, no team needs a court that looks like a concrete court. A gray-washed shade of wood is plenty of effect but we couldn't be content stopping there. The Nike City design movement is just non-stop simulacra, we can't let anything represent a team or city in an abstract way or build a connection, it's always something painfully literal that lacks any tact whatsoever. But I guess that's just the cultural moment in general.

• Like 3

If Grizzlies wanted to imitate a concrete court they should make it form a real concrete. It would be innovative to NBA standards. Of course few knees would blow up in a game process, but it would give a real atmosphere of street courts.

• Love 1
  • LOL 3

4r2eer.png

13 hours ago, YELDARBfield said:

As someone from west TN and who lived in the Memph-ish area for nearly a decade, I can say this court concept does fit locally.

I wasn't saying streetball isn't everywhere, it's more about the public perception.

bSLCtu2.png

12 hours ago, pepis21 said:

If Grizzlies wanted to imitate a concrete court they should make it form a real concrete. It would be innovative to NBA standards. Of course few knees would blow up in a game process, but it would give a real atmosphere of street courts.

And needs the nets missing, maybe even have one just be the backboard with no basket at all lmao (Now I am basing this off Philly courts)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 2/13/2024 at 9:23 AM, MCM0313 said:

Turrible, turrible. 

One Property Brother turns to the other and says "you know we have a lot of fun here but I think it would be irresponsible of us if we didn't talk about race in America" while Charles looks on dumbfoundedly

• LOL 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I guess I'm the only one who watch Celebrity ASG since no one talking about LED Court yet. I'd say that for a fun games like CASG when you changing rules on the fly it is a neat idea. Of course there was a problem with players glowing thanks to LED light, but it might be fixed with arena light (game was pretty dark).

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Donovan Mitchell wearing the 2022 City edition instead of this years set in the 3 point shootout.

Shorts were from this season. That jersey had #5 and Money Merrill on back, but compare to the 21/22 jersey name was place below numbers not above. In opposite Young had nob above numbers not below like usually. Also Jacquez Jr. in his jersey had modified wordmark which says El Heat Cultura (with red U).

4r2eer.png