2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

On 4/8/2023 at 5:04 AM, Conrad. said:

4 teams will have Classic unis.

Only four? Sad face. Jazz already reveiled their. Warriors I guess receive Classic too as always. Sixers iirc are eligible for retro and there were rumors about Iverson uniform after Heck leave the office and I don't know let's say Hawks.

What about main uniforms. Sixers, Suns and I wish Pacers ditched full name from front and replace them with wordmarks from 20/21 City and Earned.

4r2eer.png

On 4/7/2023 at 10:04 PM, Conrad. said:

sadly, i do not

as for 2023/24 info, here's a nibble...3 teams are getting new main uniforms, 2 teams updating Statements, and 4 teams will have Classic unis.

wow thats actually some pretty big news. im not sure if we ever seen 3 or more teams rehaul their main jerseys in one season since the year nike took over. 

my predictions:

- the suns. we've seen the leaks already and so this might be the year they'll come to fruition. which is great because although i really like the current jerseys ive always disliked their shorts. just because of how nike copied and pasted the same design for them and the clippers. also they get the chance to incorporate some more black now since thats what their brand has been leaning towards recently.

Phoenix Suns are exceeding expectations as a team, but how many players  actually are? - Bright Side Of The Sun

(i know these pics are old but they're the best angle i could find of the shorts)

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Utah Jazz Game 2 odds, picks, predictions

speaking of the clippers though id really like to see them rehaul their jerseys too but i think they'll be saving that for their intuit dome season.

my second prediction will go to the kings. i've always thought that they been due for a uniform change. a bit too much grey for my taste and their statement jerseys have always looked more like spurs jerseys to me. surprisingly none of them have been touched since the year nike took over and even then you can count the run time they had with adidas which i think adds another year or so)

but anyways I think they could really capitalize off their recent success and go for a redesign, maybe even incorporate a beam motif and some more black to match with their court design more.

(another old picture but its the only one i could find that showcases their three core jerseys. which are pretty much the exact same as they are now with a little less nike action as i mentioned earlier)

Sacramento Kings Unveil New Uniforms | Uni Watch

as for a third prediction thats just anyones guess honestly. maybe be the pacers or wizards or something? maybe the pelicans? all three of their sets have been untouched since 2019 and that's only because the pacers had new statement jerseys come out that year. aside from that 8/9 of their jerseys have been untouched since the Nike 2017 season. and on top of that you can count the wizards and pelicans who've basically had the same design since 2011 and 2013 respectively.

Washington Wizards New Uniforms: A Quick History of Wizards ... Pelicans unveil new uniforms

• Like 4

IMG-7122.gif

On 4/7/2023 at 10:04 PM, Conrad. said:

sadly, i do not

as for 2023/24 info, here's a nibble...3 teams are getting new main uniforms, 2 teams updating Statements, and 4 teams will have Classic unis.

My bet is on Suns, Mavs, & Wizards to get new unis. Just feels like it's finally the year for all 3 of them. 

2 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

my predictions:

- the suns. we've seen the leaks already and so this might be the year they'll come to fruition. which is great because although i really like the current jerseys ive always disliked their shorts. just because of how nike copied and pasted the same design for them and the clippers. also they get the chance to incorporate some more black now since thats what their brand has been leaning towards recently.

(i know these pics are old but they're the best angle i could find of the shorts) 

The Suns' uniforms have become such a forgettable mess. None of their sets since moving on from the Nash era uniforms have been particularly good. They've muddled their primary color scheme with grey and black, they can's seem to stick with a style (sun burst, upside down/backwords word mark, bevels, gradients etc.). It's actually shocking that they've only had two overhauls in the last 10 years. I literally forget what their uniforms look like every time I see them because they are so forgettable and bland. At least when other teams destroy their visual identities there is a look that feels "right", I don't know what the Suns should be wearing at this point.

• Like 3

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, JTernup said:

The Suns' uniforms have become such a forgettable mess. None of their sets since moving on from the Nash era uniforms have been particularly good. They've muddled their primary color scheme with grey and black, they can's seem to stick with a style (sun burst, upside down/backwords word mark, bevels, gradients etc.). It's actually shocking that they've only had two overhauls in the last 10 years. I literally forget what their uniforms look like every time I see them because they are so forgettable and bland. At least when other teams destroy their visual identities there is a look that feels "right", I don't know what the Suns should be wearing at this point.

Let's be honest, the Nash-era jerseys weren't that good either.

• Like 8

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, JTernup said:

Maybe unpopular, but I felt this set had the most potential since the Nash era. They could have incorporated purple more in the home and alternate, but it just felt like the best look. Call back to the Barkley era without being too out there.  spacer.png

• Like 14

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

6 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Maybe unpopular, but I felt this set had the most potential since the Nash era. They could have incorporated purple more in the home and alternate, but it just felt like the best look. Call back to the Barkley era without being too out there.  

Not just more purple, any purple at all. As I recall they were trying to exorcise purple entirely, and even the purple alternate ended up being a last-minute addition to the set I think. That and the unfortunate Adidas Sleeves era made this one dead on arrival, even though I agree with you and thought there was potential here. My Suns preferences are diagonals/sunburst over Old West motifs, and black third color over grey. (I'd also accept a full set with normal wordmarks using the aesthetic of their "Valley" City jerseys but maybe that ship has already sailed.)

• Like 7

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, GermanSixer said:

I think I read a suggestion here last summer that the Sixers might be getting new uniforms in 2023, could very well be the case...

If this is true I think it's just to change the shadowing to match the change they made to the red alts this year.

2019-22

skysports-james-harden-philadelphia-76er

This year-

17nba-sixers-pro-1-1-688a-videoSixteenBy

• Like 6

On 4/10/2023 at 8:36 AM, WSU151 said:

This is still the expectation for the Sun, correct?

Leak: New Phoenix Suns Uniforms for 2022-23 Shows Return of Shooting Sun –  SportsLogos.Net News

I'm going with the same gut feeling that I've had the last 15 years - that the Mavs will get new unis. So they're probably not one of the teams.  

Just wear the Barkley throwbacks, it's not that hard Phoenix

d49f7.jpg

• Like 15

We've seen the Valley jerseys for the last time - Bright Side Of The Sun

i think the leaked design is almost perfect honestly. its kinda got everything you need in a suns jersey honestly. good color balance (especially if you like black ) and a great callback to their iconic 90s design without being too busy. putting the suns wordmark inside the stripe is a really smart choice and good way to save space. my only thing though that the white jerseys should have the sun stripe filled in like the purple ones and that the numbers shouldnt be crooked. and im hoping the the shorts also look good 

• Like 9

IMG-7122.gif

The basic structure has it right but the colors are wrong. A black sun looks wrong any way you slice it, and the white one it gets a bit lost. Make the streak orange on both jerseys and we might be in business. (But, I thought it had been reported that those leaked designs were tossed aside? Wasn't expecting those to see the light of day in any hypothetical new look.)

• Like 8

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

as expected, the people on this board are top-notch when talking out predictions...so i'll say that all 3 teams that are changing new main uniforms have been mentioned since i made my original post. well done, all. 👏

as a (sad) freebie, i reluctantly report that my local Mavs are yet again not redesigning uniforms. sad times here in the DFW.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

as expected, the people on this board are top-notch when talking out predictions...so i'll say that all 3 teams that are changing new main uniforms have been mentioned since i made my original post. well done, all. 👏

as a (sad) freebie, i reluctantly report that my local Mavs are yet again not redesigning uniforms. sad times here in the DFW.

For HWC...I have a weird feeling the Nuggets are on there... :) I don't think they've had a HWC jersey in the Nike era yet. 

30 years since 93/94 8th seed miracle, 15 years since 2008/09 WCF.  The navy 90s look seems ripe for a HWC. 

Speaking of 93/94, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rockets' 90s red jerseys yet again for HWC even though they just wore them in 19/20. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

We've seen the Valley jerseys for the last time - Bright Side Of The Sun

i think the leaked design is almost perfect honestly. its kinda got everything you need in a suns jersey honestly. good color balance (especially if you like black ) and a great callback to their iconic 90s design without being too busy. putting the suns wordmark inside the stripe is a really smart choice and good way to save space. my only thing though that the white jerseys should have the sun stripe filled in like the purple ones and that the numbers shouldnt be crooked. and im hoping the the shorts also look good 

Found this mockup too on reddit (from 2022, so nothing confirmed - it even has the diamond swoosh so it's clearly photoshopped)..it looks good except for the number font, which I think is the Cavs' old font. The heavy base serif just doesn't work. 

r/suns - 2022-23 jerseys 👀

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I always enjoy guessing what the new city editions will be. As a hardcore baseball uniform traditionalist, I do tend to be more open minded on the NBA City editions. Hopefully the NBA will bring back the "Earned" edition in 2024.

So for new "Statements"....

OKC- Navy

Indiana- Yellow

Charlotte- Purple

New Orleans- Red

"City" sets

Utah - Purple already leaked. A fauxback theme

Brooklyn- Black, just leaked designed by lifelong Nets fan and New Jersey Native KAWS. Brooklyn again honoring local artists.

Now the rest of the "City" sets

Boston- Parquet Colored honoring Boston Garden and Bob Cousey

Philadelphia- Navy version of 2022-23 set

New York- White Pinstripes honoring the 1980's

Toronto- Blue honoring the Huskies

Milwaukee- Lime & Kelly Green honoring the 1980's

Indiana- Yellow version of 2017-18 and 2019-20 set honoring the Indy 500

Detroit- Black honoring the Bad Boys era

Cleveland -Navy another 90's mashup with 2010's colors

Chicago- Carolina Blue Fauxback based on 90's alternate and 80's away lettering

Miami- Crockett Blue version of the Ransom used in 2021-22 and 2022-23

Orlando- Gray 90's Fauxback

Atlanta- White w/Blue honoring 50th Anniversary of Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth's record

Charlotte- Gold/Butterscotch version of 2020-21 & 2022-23 set honoring first US Mint

Washington- Black honoring Joe Biden and wanting NBA fans to reelect him for 2024

Dallas- Green version of 2022-23 set honoring Reunion Arena

San Antone- Will retain 2022-23 set

Houston- Red version of the 75th Anniversary set used in 2021-2023

New Orleans- Dark Green version of 2022-23 set honoring Mardigras

Memphis-Gold Team nicknamed "Grind City"

Golden State -White version of 2022-23 set honoring feminism in the Bay Area

Sacramento- Blue & Red Mashup fauxback of 90's Alternate

Lakers- Carolina Blue honoring George Mikan

Clippers- Red honoring Chris Paul-Blake Griffin era while still throwing shade at Lakers

Phoenix- Black honoring Route 66

Portland- Teal version of 2022-23 set honoring the carpet at the Portland airport

Minnesota-White w/Purple Pinstripes honoring the Vikings, Twins, and Hamm's Beer

Denver- Red version of 2022-23 set honoring Denver's architecture

OKC- Silver/Gray designed by OKC Native and Thunder fan Vince Gill similar to 2017-18 set designed by Garth Brooks

• LOL 1

52 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

OKC- Silver/Gray designed by OKC Native and Thunder fan Vince Gill similar to 2017-18 set designed by Garth Brooks

Garth Brooks designed a Thunder uniform?? Where would one find this information?

11 minutes ago, eRay said:

Garth Brooks designed a Thunder uniform?? Where would one find this information?

If it's not this, send it back ...

image_3686c64f-b71c-4ea3-89a1-4e71f0b699

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • LOL 5

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

17 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Clippers. also they get the chance to incorporate some more black now since thats what their brand has been leaning towards recently.

I wish they leaning towards red rather than black.

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think they've had a HWC jersey in the Nike era yet. 

They haven't. Nuggets and also Pacers missed opportunity to get a HWC in this season to celebrate 55th anniversary of existence or 45th anniversary of NBA-ABA merger and I'm sad about that.

9 hours ago, Conrad. said:

That was predictable since they introduce new statement in this season. I'm afraid that when they finally decide to rebrand Luka would be already in another team.

7 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Toronto- Blue honoring the Huskies

I'd say it's gonna be another OVO/Drake uniform when basically everyone are tired off of that motive

One more thing about Suns I hope they bring back purple to their logo.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png