2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

7 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Boston- Parquet Colored honoring Boston Garden and Bob Cousey

The league said anything that is too close to the color of a court is a no-go because it messes with digital ads displayed on the floors on TV broadcasts. That’s why the Bucks’ cream alts were dropped a couple years ago.

• Like 6
  • Hurl 1

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

The league said anything that is too close to the color of a court is a no-go because it messes with digital ads displayed on the floors on TV broadcasts. That’s why the Bucks’ cream alts were dropped a couple years ago.

True + Celtics already had floor motive in 17/18

14 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

Just wear the Barkley throwbacks, it's not that hard Phoenix

They can't. NBA rules not allowing them to go back to old look permamently.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, truepg said:

Yeah, they better ditch all the black, blackletter font and the urban court graphic nonsense. I'd rather see them predominantly in blue, though.

If they are one of the teams changing this year (or next year) I'd bet they're leaning toward more of the blackletter look from the statement jerseys, not less. Personally, I'd prefer that to the current Icon and Association wordmarks.

4 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

That explains why the nets can't have a gray uniform again 😕

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Someone mentioned it but I have a strong feeling the Kings are going to get new uniforms and put black in more prominently. It's been an alternate only which has stood out like a sore thumb.

Also for some dumb reason their main court has been black for the last few seasons, I don't know why they do that when their main logo has no black in it, it makes it look weird and not right.

1237733497.jpg

This isn't the only time the Kings have had a dumb decision regarding their court, remember in 2013 they had a 3D logo at center court. I've never seen a team do that before and once you see it you understand why.

23_10.jpg

• Like 4
  • WOAH 2
  • Hurl 1

bSLCtu2.png

8 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Someone mentioned it but I have a strong feeling the Kings are going to get new uniforms and put black in more prominently. It's been an alternate only which has stood out like a sore thumb.

Also for some dumb reason their main court has been black for the last few seasons, I don't know why they do that when their main logo has no black in it, it looks stupid on the court.

1237733497.jpg

This isn't the only time the Kings have had a dumb decision regarding their court, remember in 2013 they had a 3D logo at center court. I've never seen a team do that before and once you see it you understand why.

23_10.jpg

I kinda liked the 3d logo at center court…one of my favorite 5 courts ever is the 3d/shaded Lakers logo court used in the early days of Staples Center. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Kings court with the 3D/00s Photoshop grunge effect look was brutal. Looked like a renovated high school gym with more dollars than sense. Can't believe that slid through so close to the minimalist tidal wave. (Their later update has actually become one of my favorites.)

• Like 4

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Quick hasty Photoshop job here but -- if that Suns design turns out to become real (big if), I think this is the better way to do it. And I say this as someone who thinks the Suns color scheme always looks good with black. (The sunburst lines should actually probably be white on the white jersey, not purple, to hit the wordmark outline nicely.)

ES5K2J1.jpg

• Like 26
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 hours ago, eRay said:

If they are one of the teams changing this year (or next year) I'd bet they're leaning toward more of the blackletter look from the statement jerseys, not less. Personally, I'd prefer that to the current Icon and Association wordmarks.

That'd be very unfortunate. Their regular wordmarks are fully disposable, but I'd keep the LAC monogram and add script wordmarks to the package instead similar to what they used to have. Losing them was a mistake in the first place.

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

23_10.jpg

I didn't hate that treatment at all. It worked for the Kings.

P.S. As a matter of fact, that exact Clippers' city map graphic creates way cheaper a look.

Edited by truepg

15 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Portland- Teal version of 2022-23 set honoring the carpet at the Portland airport

I can’t speak to the rest of ‘em, but for Portland this (thankfully) isn’t even remotely close.

• WOAH 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Quick hasty Photoshop job here but -- if that Suns design turns out to become real (big if), I think this is the better way to do it. And I say this as someone who thinks the Suns color scheme always looks good with black. (The sunburst lines should actually probably be white on the white jersey, not purple, to hit the wordmark outline nicely.)

ES5K2J1.jpg

I can get down with that. The numbers would need to shrink some, but that's about as great a way to update the early 90s sets as there is.

Oh and, hot take: on-court 3-D effect to the side, I still like that former logo—and logotype—better than the current. I understand the current is optimized to work better in the digital space—as is just about everything is moving towards these days because, well, we are in a fully digital age—but it still looks so lifeless compared to the former.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, Digby said:

ES5K2J1.jpg

That's such an improvement. Does a better job paying homage and just fits.

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Also for some dumb reason their main court has been black for the last few seasons, I don't know why they do that when their main logo has no black in it, it makes it look weird and not right.

1237733497.jpg

23_10.jpg

I've always liked the purple and gray look but it's clear they can't let go of black, so I think you are right.

Every Suns concept uses horrible numbers.  That team hasn't had decent numbers since the Barkley set, and I don't get it. 

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was relayed some loose information on the Bucks' upcoming city jersey today. It sounds like the jersey will be in a color they "haven't used yet", which I assume is just referring to the past few years of city jerseys. We knew cream wasn't coming back, but if this is true then it also eliminates yellow, white, and blue.

I admit that I didn't hear this directly, so take it with a grain of salt.  If anyone has a more reliable source then feel free to correct me.

14 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

What a dumb rule

I leave voice to Meja ♪ It's all 'bout the money, It's all 'bout the dum dum da da dum dum ♪

From HWC line.

14 hours ago, Digby said:

ES5K2J1.jpg

That's an improvment over already improvment jerseys especially home, that orange sunburst make them crispier.

5 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

t sounds like the jersey will be in a color they "haven't used yet", which I assume is just referring to the past few years of city jerseys.

But that refers to accents too? Because Bucks already use their standard color palette + Light green, red, navy, dark blue, yellow and purple so this left not too many options.

4r2eer.png

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

But that refers to accents too? Because Bucks already use their standard color palette + Light green, red, navy, dark blue, yellow and purple so this left not too many options.

The wording is kinda vague, but I just assumed that they were implying that the base color of the jersey will be new. As you said, they've used an extensive color palette already, so it's not really realistic to abandon *all* of those colors.

• Like 1