2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

Why the Kings haven't used this more often is beyond me.

2495_sacramento_kings-alternate-2006.png

They used it on two alternates but when they did it didn't work with the rest of the uniform. Especially the black one, they just threw it on the Home/Away template.

sacramento-kings-v-dallas-mavericks.jpg

demarc_crop_exact.jpg?w=1200&h=1200&q=75

Speaking of Kings alternates, I actually really liked the City uniform this past season, they could build a new uniform set around it.

FhT7rErUoAAars5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 8

bSLCtu2.png

15 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Speaking of Kings alternates, I actually really liked the City uniform this past season, they could build a new uniform set around it.

The Kings have a name and brand that make beveling on their type and numbers a no-brainer.

• Like 3

I doubt they'll do it at this juncture, but I would love to see the Kings take on a new colorway. At the very least, get back to black and purple...that gray never has looked right for them.

Oh and that Kings script...if they use it again, I hope someone took to cleaning it up.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

I doubt they'll do it at this juncture, but I would love to see the Kings take on a new colorway. At the very least, get back to black and purple...that gray never has looked right for them.

Oh and that Kings script...if they use it again, I hope someone took to cleaning it up.

Nobody needs Grey except for baseball teams on the road

• Like 1
  • Dislike 5

The Webber/Bibby/Peja era unis were so good…wish NBA teams could just bring back past-era unis. Would save us a lot of trouble. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

Purple and black feels more them but I find their current identity far more aesthetically pleasing.

Their black alts certainly have way too much gray, which is such an odd choice.

11 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Their black alts certainly have way too much gray, which is such an odd choice.

Ha, I feel like like it’s the purple jerseys that have too much gray. I like adding that color into their scheme (and I even like the gray jerseys themselves, provided they’re worn against appropriate opposition) but it’d work better if it was below black in the hierarchy.

Interesting that purple/black stuck over their "classic" r/w/b - since they never owned it.  Sky blue was Interesting but short-lived. Too many moves and name changes to stick.  Makes me think Clippers could do the same.

What other color changes really stuck in recent memory?

Tampa Bay Bucs

Mavericks lack of green

LA Kings

Mariners

White Sox finally settling on black - another case of r/w/b not bring missed

Nets, black still hanging on by a thread

others were soonish after expansion

Memphis Grizzlies

Arizona Diamondbacks

Tampa Bay Rays 

15 hours ago, chakfu said:

Interesting that purple/black stuck over their "classic" r/w/b - since they never owned it.  Sky blue was Interesting but short-lived. Too many moves and name changes to stick.  Makes me think Clippers could do the same.

Tampa Bay Bucs

Mavericks lack of green

LA Kings

Mariners

Memphis Grizzlies

Arizona Diamondbacks

Tampa Bay Rays 

The Astros and Canucks could both fit this if we’re counting a return to the classic color schemes.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

On 5/4/2023 at 1:12 AM, chakfu said:

Tampa Bay Bucs

Mavericks lack of green

LA Kings

Mariners

Memphis Grizzlies

Arizona Diamondbacks

Tampa Bay Rays 

The Eagles

A's going forest

And Raptors dropping purple was another expansion adjustment.

On 5/3/2023 at 9:21 PM, Digby said:

Ha, I feel like like it’s the purple jerseys that have too much gray. I like adding that color into their scheme (and I even like the gray jerseys themselves, provided they’re worn against appropriate opposition) but it’d work better if it was below black in the hierarchy.

Now that I think about it the purple jersey is the only one that doesn't bother me at all. I can dig a gray side panel on a purple jersey, but the whites should really inverse the colors to emphasize purple.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 6:10 AM, Old School Fool said:

First thing what they should do is taking that Sacramento wordmark and put it on purple jersey instead of Sac.

• Like 8

4r2eer.png

On 5/5/2023 at 9:14 AM, pepis21 said:

First thing what they should do is taking that Sacramento wordmark and put it on purple jersey instead of Sac.

excuse the rough editing but i completely agree. it 100% looks way better than the blocky “SAC” that they use on their main jerseys. and as mentioned earlier they could really build a new set around this look. 

605703-E3-F03-D-41-CB-9015-68-B8-AEA9-A1

• Like 18

IMG-7122.gif

4 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

That twitter account has referenced these before...not a fan. Pretty sure its knowledge that Suns are getting new Association (white) and Icon (purple) jerseys next year, but hopefully far better executed than these.

Numbers used here don't match current set (implies new/updated numbers), numbers no longer match angle of trailing sun burst/rays, wordmark moved inside trailing sun burst/rays and has resulted in different angle and higher placement on chest, and basketball on both barely visible. All downgrades IMO if your goal is to refresh/modernize the classic edition.

Suns classic edition (90s throwbacks) for reference:

spacer.png

• Like 1

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The Suns can't seem to get out of their own way with their uniforms.  The pre-Barkley set and Barkley set were fantastic.  But since then, it's been a complete disaster of gray, silly-trendy (but not trendy) fonts, quarter-steps towards the Barkley set but afraid to commit, and (already mentioned, but worth repeating) silly-ass fonts.

While that supposed leak is barely a half-step towards the Barkley era, it would be acceptable and an upgrade if they didn't insist on going with the ugliest numbers that they can possibly find (making them straight instead of following the angle is also a choice.)

I just don't get it.  Purple and orange is such a great pallete - but it's as if they go out of their way to use it as poorly as possible.

rarely say "just go back to", as I think it's generally the worst approach to correcting, but this is a case where I'd absolutely recommend it, because they've proven that they can't be trusted with making original designs.  I understand there's silly restrictions against "going back", but even if they went with something that made them look like the Great Value Barkleys, that would probably be better than what they could do from scratch.

• Like 10

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."