2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

9 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

35th anniversary logo

spacer.png

It should be 35 (-2) Years. BTW In next year there is 20th Anniversary of Charlotte Bobcats, so...

Anyway looking at logo they most likely will have this as a classic:

fba2f3c3cb52ebe3ba4eacebcccfe198.jpg

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

23 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

They're not celebrating 35 seasons, they're celebrating 35 years since the Hornets began play.

I was joking about that official history which messed up everything. :)

19 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

3 outta 4 correct 😉

So Warriors instead of Sixers?  I wouldn't believe if they won't have Classic uniform. They've always had them in Nike era.

4r2eer.png

Man, nobody remembers that late 90's Hornets look. I always forget it existed and those teams were unremarkable even if Baron Davis and Eddie Jones were notorious. I personally didn't like the look but it would be interesting to see return as a throwback, maybe I can learn to love it.

mens-mitchell-and-ness-baron-davis-white

bSLCtu2.png

Something that came to my mind about Hornets classic. Nike is now using Futura logo on classic uniforms and Jordan also has retro logo, so I wonder if there is any chance for Wings instead of Jumpman. I mean this:

jordan-wings-logo?fimg-client-default

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

On 5/8/2023 at 12:41 AM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Honestly, my only big issues with this are where the sun/ball cuts off (it should be more fully visible like it was on the originals), the team name on the road, and the wordmarks not being outlined to match the numbers. It's so close to being a good modernization, but they've fumbled on the details. Since these are just a prototype, here's hoping they get one more round of refinement before they debut.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

3 minutes ago, DJT said:

So Suns and Kings are 2/4 teams getting the new uniforms. 

Have we figured out the other 2? Magic? Hawks? 

There's no way the Hawks change because 1. They haven't worn the current primaries for 5 seasons and 2. The fanbase loves the current look.

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

There's no way the Hawks change because 1. They haven't worn the current primaries for 5 seasons and 2. The fanbase loves the current look.

I thought I heard rumors last off-season they were changing soon again. Plus looking at stores it looks like their red jerseys are on sale a lot of places. Not really indicating of anything though. 

26 minutes ago, DJT said:

So Suns and Kings are 2/4 teams getting the new uniforms. 

Have we figured out the other 2? Magic? Hawks? 

Conrad said three teams are getting new Icon/Association sets; pretty sure they’ll be Suns, Sixers, Kings. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Conrad said three teams are getting new Icon/Association sets; pretty sure they’ll be Suns, Sixers, Kings. 

Ohhh I thought he said 4. Good catch. 

3 teams new uniforms (suns, sizers?, kings)

2 teams new statements 

4 teams new classics (jazz, hornets, magic, ?)

• Like 1

I'm digging the wordmark. I wonder if this will be on all jerseys? Just a black one?

52902940449_349062b99c_w.jpg

Also ... they better have NUTNs! 

gettyimages-142810143.jpg

• Like 5

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin