2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

36 minutes ago, JustABallCoach said:

Rockets were running big sales on their city and throwbacks. Guessing they will get new of each?

That would indicate the Rockets are getting new statement  and classic uniforms 

NYCdog.png

2 hours ago, NYCdog said:

That would indicate the Rockets are getting new statement  and classic uniforms 

Actually, it would indicate they’re getting new Citys (as most teams have new Citys every year), and teams that wear Classics one year usually don’t have Classics the next. Not every team wears Classics every year. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Actually, it would indicate they’re getting new Citys (as most teams have new Citys every year), and teams that wear Classics one year usually don’t have Classics the next. Not every team wears Classics every year. 

The Warriors say hello.

USATSI_17119060.jpg?w=1000

golden-state-warriors-washington-wizards1135676750.jpeghi-res-f1b6cb279c8d87b9a49b8a3cb3ca270b_

1053195938.jpeg

• Like 6

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 minutes ago, kimball said:

The Warriors say hello.

USATSI_17119060.jpg?w=1000

golden-state-warriors-washington-wizards1135676750.jpeghi-res-f1b6cb279c8d87b9a49b8a3cb3ca270b_

1053195938.jpeg

That’s five in six seasons (wait they also had The City/trolley car HWCs too) and they may not have one next year. They’re more the exception rather than the rule. Miami, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Phoenix, Houston, Brooklyn and Detroit won’t all be wearing HWCs next year. 

Totally forgot they had a white We Believe HWC (worn for one game - the last game of 2018/19 - and apparently they wore them based on a special player request, which means these were a ridiculous exemption of any so-called HWC rule that floats on the internet). 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, Survival79 said:

spCoLvD.png

Ah, so they DID redo the script...that is niiiiccccee. Wonder if they did a Sacramento script to match?

All that said...I hope they're not changing colors to red and blue. If anything, they can be the straight purple and white team with that script. Use some black trim if they absolutely must, but otherwise...own the purple.

Spoiler

Yeah I know the Lakers and Suns use purple, too...but the Suns seem too stuck on the gradient alts and the Lakers are probably more identified by yellow gold than purple. At one point six NBA squads used purple all at once—the two aforementioned,  the one being mentioned, plus Utah, Milwaukee and Charlotte before they moved (and even then, during their pre-Pelican years in New Orleans)...but none really owned it outright. Now is Sacto's shot. Own it.

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

44 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Welp...

i-dont-know-but-you-know-something-floyd

hot-cold.gif

🧐🧐🧐

Red or blue??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

51 minutes ago, tBBP said:

i-dont-know-but-you-know-something-floyd

hot-cold.gif

🧐🧐🧐

Red or blue??

Probably mainly black and white with purple accents sadly. But they may ditch it all for the red/blue/white. 

• Like 1

i can’t see the kings possibly being that dumb… i mean they already have that whole thing with the purple beam. what i can see though as mentioned is that (like every other team these days) they just put all their focus on black. which i feel we’ve already seen enough of and it’s just not good. as someone else said, they should just own purple. i mean they’re the only team to wear purple and not have it paired with any other non neutral colors. it’s a really distinct look and its a shame if they just water it down with more black. 

• Like 3

If the Kings opt for black and white bases for their icon and association jerseys, that (likely) leaves purple as the statement, which is unfortunate. Nike has been much more experimental and "off-brand" with the statement jerseys, leading me to believe that the purple jersey may be shackled with a mismatching script, or some gimmick that separates it from the primary jerseys. I think the odds are low that we get a straight recoloring of the primary jerseys (Pelicans, Heat) and we'll instead get some incohesive, more "experimental" statement jersey (Cavs, Blazers, Pistons). It could be done right, but I don't trust Nike to execute. On a positive note, teams (including the Kings iirc) have been willing to wear alternates more than primaries, so maybe we see the new purple alt more than the black jersey.

Also unsubstantial question for @Conrad. - is the "S" chain link pattern from their current statement jersey gone, or are they retaining it in some capacity?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That’s five in six seasons (wait they also had The City/trolley car HWCs too) and they may not have one next year. They’re more the exception rather than the rule. Miami, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Phoenix, Houston, Brooklyn and Detroit won’t all be wearing HWCs next year. 

Totally forgot they had a white We Believe HWC (worn for one game - the last game of 2018/19 - and apparently they wore them based on a special player request, which means these were a ridiculous exemption of any so-called HWC rule that floats on the internet). 

When Nike does a better job of capitalizing on the popularity of Steph Curry than the company he has a deal with 🤦🏾

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

15 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Hmm. The classic script is far from perfect, but I'm not sold on the modernization either. The K is very strange-looking and the crown dotting the i is too subtle.

I like the K fine. I don’t like the g with the underline stopping. And yeah the crown is much too subtle. 

• Like 4

Kings aren't going away from purple folks. There's zero chance of that happening, plus retro merch is popular in the area I think but not enough to switch to it full time. The smart move is to keep it that way, you sell that and you sell the purple. I don't like teams doing dual identities but in the Kings case it works.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

I could handle the Kings shifting to black/silver/white with purple as a tertiary color (wouldn't love it, but wouldn't ragepost over it). But a shift to red/blue would be awful; there's already way too much of that. I remember being pissed back in like, 04-05 when the Kings would have an ABC game and they'd be wearing those stupid powder blues instead of their primaries.

On 5/16/2023 at 6:11 PM, Conrad. said:

Welp...

I'll let @Conrad. confirm or deny this, but my bet is they're going back to blue/red/white. (probably a light blue, if I had to guess.) 

The video unveiling the script change was predominantly filled with images of the Kings from their days as a primarily blue club. There's only one or two purple uniforms in that issue. It feels as if they went out of their way to showcase their prior color scheme. 

I just watched the video and I don't get that impression at all. They even included multiple pictures of the shiny gold alternates that a lot of people hated at the time. Of course, there's no getting around the fact that red, white and blue were their team colors when they originally introduced the script.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

49 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'll let @Conrad. confirm or deny this, but my bet is they're going back to blue/red/white. (probably a light blue, if I had to guess.) 

The video unveiling the script change was predominantly filled with images of the Kings from their days as a primarily blue club. There's only one or two purple uniforms in that issue. It feels as if they went out of their way to showcase their prior color scheme. 

33 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I just watched the video and I don't get that impression at all. They even included multiple pictures of the shiny gold alternates that a lot of people hated at the time. Of course, there's no getting around the fact that red, white and blue were their team colors when they originally introduced the script.

Yeah, I don't get that impression either. In fact, I get a great impression that they're doing a black version of the script based off the tease. Odds are it'll be on the Statement jerseys and we probably won't see a change (or much of one) on the Icon and Association jerseys. 

However, I could see them use the script at some point for their City Edition jerseys with a light blue or whatever, but the Kings are entrenched into being a purple and black team now. 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin