2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

I agree that the Kings are keeping purple, and that the video isn't proof that they are switching to red and blue. The main reason they showed red and blue jerseys is because the majority of jerseys with that particular "Kings" script were worn during their red and blue days. They only had a few alts that used purple and the script, so it makes sense that most photos in the promo video were from their red and blue era.

At the same time though, I'd assume the beam has nothing to do with the design process. It was only introduced in September and didn't even gain much notoriety until a while after that, so I doubt it would be a factor in whatever new primary jerseys may be coming. I believe that new jerseys take two years (or longer) to be developed and finalized, so this beam probably wasn't relevant in the design process.

And as for Conrad's "Welp" comment on the topic of "owning purple", I'd think that he's just implying that purple is still present, but takes a backseat to black. It's not some hint that they're switching to red and blue entirely.

• Like 5

I’m late on the classic edition guesses, and apologies if I’ve missed anything concrete, but aside from Utah, possibly Charlotte, and possibly Orlando, I wonder if Denver is perhaps the fourth team. 

Unless I’m getting my “seasons vs. years” mixed up, this coming season should be the 30th anniversary of the team that upset Seattle as an 8-seed. Here’s my shot-in-the-dark guess:

spacer.png

• Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 5/16/2023 at 4:32 PM, kimball said:

The Warriors say hello.

USATSI_17119060.jpg?w=1000

golden-state-warriors-washington-wizards1135676750.jpeghi-res-f1b6cb279c8d87b9a49b8a3cb3ca270b_

1053195938.jpeg

This means that since the Warriors franchise moved to San Fran in 1964, Steph has worn a jersey from almost every uniform set in Warriors history...

Except this one:

31d308_c8e473a385164701a4b7c87472517d79~

• Like 3

I can see the Kings adding a tiny bit of red to their scheme, but going back to blue seems unlikely. It sounds like we'll be getting another majority black/white team though.

I can see the Nuggets doing a burgundy or navy version of this year's city set next season. They do tend to wear burgundy accessories with this year's city "white" and regular association "white".

So which clubs will retain this year's city set for next season? Bullets...Wizards Pink and Spurs San Antone Turquoise perhaps..

4 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

I can see the Nuggets doing a burgundy or navy version of this year's city set next season. They do tend to wear burgundy accessories with this year's city "white" and regular association "white".

So which clubs will retain this year's city set for next season? Bullets...Wizards Pink and Spurs San Antone Turquoise perhaps..

If not for the Cavs, I wouldn't mind seeing the Nuggets do burgundy with gold. 

That said, if they win the 'ship this year, will their current look then become "untouchable" like how so many people sweat that a championship look can't/shouldn't be changed?

Spoiler

No, their current look won't be—and yes, they can/probably should be. (To what, though, I don't know...the Nuggets are kinda in brand purgatory right now.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Nuggets' blue and red are still too dark. They just need to match the state flag like the mid to late '70s. And, while we're at just have the Avs adopt the old Rockies colors and logos.

53033222-nuggets-v-bullets-300x600.jpg4563e2e758bdedb0111e64615adfce7e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Dislike 5

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 5/22/2023 at 6:33 PM, Indigo said:

This means that since the Warriors franchise moved to San Fran in 1964, Steph has worn a jersey from almost every uniform set in Warriors history...

Except this one:

31d308_c8e473a385164701a4b7c87472517d79~

Pretty much every. He also not wearing these yet:

GoldenStateWarriors-StyleGuide-1997-1998

• Like 7

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Pretty much every. He also not wearing these yet:

GoldenStateWarriors-StyleGuide-1997-1998

IIRC, this was one of the first unveilings that really took advantage of the internet. Strong memories of looking at this “new” logo package and uniforms while using dialup AOL. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, DJT said:

Are these the draft hats this year? 

Good question. And, I don't know? But, I'd like to take this opportunity to say this is what the draft hat should be annually ...

53342185.jpg

Larry-Johnson-Getty-Images.jpg01webberhardawayap.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 5/31/2023 at 12:05 AM, DJT said:

Are these the draft hats this year? 

These look very similar to the 2014 draft hats:

Lids Shows off Draft Hats in Time for 2014 NBA Draft Lottery | News,  Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

• Like 3

The Pistons posted this on their social media yesterday. I'm presuming it might be a hint at their City Edition for next season being Motown themed.

Seems a bit early for an unveiling what with the Finals still in progress and the fact the Pistons have never unveiled a City Edition until the league-wide drop by Nike which usually takes place in early November.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

The Pistons posted this on their social media yesterday. I'm presuming it might be a hint at their City Edition for next season being Motown themed.

Seems a bit early for an unveiling what with the Finals still in progress and the fact the Pistons have never unveiled a City Edition until the league-wide drop by Nike which usually takes place in early November.

My guess is that “MOTOWN” wordmark on the album cover is on the front of the jersey (if that is indeed what this is teasing). 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Though we saw a preview of the Kings' new script, it's not reflected in the draft hat (can't tell if this is a black hat or a dark gray hat...guessing black). 

SACRAMENTO KINGS 2023 NBA DRAFT 9FIFTY SNAPBACK HAT – JR'S SPORTS

Surprisingly, the Lakers' hat will be yellow (they usually go with purple or black)

LOS ANGELES LAKERS 2023 NBA DRAFT 59FIFTY FITTED HAT – JR'S SPORTS

4 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Yeah, that MOTOWN font seems like what we'll see on the front of the jersey and considering this is the Pistons, the base of the jersey will be gray.

52960508418_7961c6e45c_w.jpg

• Like 1