2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

I dont have any info on the in-season tournament stuff, but i'm praying we don't need a bland templated logo (logoman on left / Tournament Name text on right) that will replace the center court logo for all these games so it "looks different". Also severely hoping we don't get some templated Summer League-looking uniform for the games as well. At the VERY least, they should be using one of the team's uniforms (any of the editions) for that season, and just recolor them for these tournament games so that they can brand them as "Tournament Edition" and sell them, and related merch, for some coin.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Conrad. said:

I dont have any info on the in-season tournament stuff, but i'm praying we don't need a bland templated logo (logoman on left / Tournament Name text on right) that will replace the center court logo for all these games so it "looks different". Also severely hoping we don't get some templated Summer League-looking uniform for the games as well. At the VERY least, they should be using one of the team's uniforms (any of the editions) for that season, and just recolor them for these tournament games so that they can brand them as "Tournament Edition" and sell them, and related merch, for some coin.

Recolor them?  So like the Earned Edition?

11 hours ago, sayahh said:

Recolor them?  So like the Earned Edition?

Basiacally like first iteration of Earned.

To be honest with you if NBA and Nike really wants to do something different from regular, City or Earned editions for tournament (which imo isn't necessary) I'd revival Rewind series. 

Reverse Retro is a huge success for NHL so Rewind should work for NBA too.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

Not in season tourney related, but Nike needs to bring back the Christmas uniforms. The more recent ones too that were the team color/cream, or the vintage style ones. 

thats what I want.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Not in season tourney related, but Nike needs to bring back the Christmas uniforms. The more recent ones too that were the team color/cream, or the vintage style ones. 

thats what I want.

Same. I am not generally a "one off" jersey fan, but I was okay with SOME of the NBA Christmas jerseys because there was uniformity across the Christmas Day schedule. I'm mainly talking about these designs ...

hot-clicks-christmas-nba-uniforms-histor

Not these ...

klay-thompson-steph-curry-golden-state-w

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

20 hours ago, Digby said:

For some reason I'm thinking something like these (from the Adidas era, natch). Something minor yet noticeable, and above all, deeply stupid.

nba-christmas-jerseys.png 

The way you phrased that, this immediately popped into my head…spacer.png

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

As 2023-24 will be the Magic's 35th anniversary, I'm expecting that 1989 throwbacks will be back once again. In 2013-14 they brought back black, in 2018-19 they brought back blue, so I'm guessing they'll go with white this time around. However, I could also see it being the TMac jerseys, since those have been increasingly popular over the last few seasons and were referenced in the most recent Statement design. Time will tell.

• Like 4

ExJworW.png

4 hours ago, PrimalCookie said:

As 2023-24 will be the Magic's 35th anniversary, I'm expecting that 1989 throwbacks will be back once again.

You remind me that guy who leaked Magic Statement and City for current season also said they will have T-Mac retro in next season.

• Like 5

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

So the "Earned" will be replaced by "Tournament Editions" ??? Makes me think of NBA Jam Tournament Edition and Street Fighter II Tournament Edition but I digress.

Earned is dead, for at least for the time being. Not sure if Nike even made it official, but we haven't seen those jerseys in a while, and Nike hasn't expressed interest in continuing the program.

Whatever the tournament may hold is a completely separate idea, which we have no information about. Any references to the Earned Edition is purely speculation.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Looks to me like a sideways city 

Why are we posting random concepts from Twitter?

The primary quoted tweet isn't anything special as far as I can tell, but the top reply says that there was a short segment on the jumbotron teasing new uniforms. Supposedly a modern version of the Kansas City Kings' font.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

The primary quoted tweet isn't anything special as far as I can tell, but the top reply says that there was a short segment on the jumbotron teasing new uniforms. Supposedly a modern version of the Kansas City Kings' font.

• Like 3