2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

The Suns will have new main uniforms for next season (purple & white), and a new city edition uniform replacing the current turquoise uniform. The classic purple sunburst is to be worn for only this season and is not scheduled to be back. The alternate black PHX uniform will return for next season.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2023 at 11:04 PM, Conrad. said:

sadly, i do not

as for 2023/24 info, here's a nibble...3 teams are getting new main uniforms, 2 teams updating Statements, and 4 teams will have Classic unis.

Would love to see the Pacers wear this again:

item_18877_1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 4/8/2023 at 8:55 PM, B3N said:

Would love to see the Pacers wear this again:

item_18877_1.jpg

Beautiful set, but it always bugged me that one I has serifs, but the other doesn’t.

aaaaand you’re welcome 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 4

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I’m sorry, but the NBA has completely jumped the shark in regards to teams and jerseys.  There is no brand identity for anyone anymore as jerseys that are the latest hot take become a “throwback” a season later when they are discontinued.  Having 75 different home courts just muddies it up even more.  

Home, road, and alternate.  That’s all we need.  Now you whippersnappers get off my lawn! 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

On 4/6/2023 at 7:31 PM, andregunts said:

so I live in Brooklyn not too far from the arena and I’m 38, black and kinda “urban” 

I’ve realize this thread is filled with people “not” like me.

You guys cry and whine anything different and too loud. I knew from when I first saw it that when I came in here it’s gonna be a bunch of crybaby nonsense. 

I LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE THIS JERSEY.

what do you guys want another black/white Jersey that is almost identical to every other jersey that the Net has?!?! 

remember this is a “city” jersey not the barn rural antiquated jersey.

its audacious and bold and I think it’s FIRE.

Keep crying guys, things are gonna get more different going forward 😭 

I’m black, live in Atlanta, (Jamaican as well) and actually 27. I still prefer the more traditional stuff and think these “out there” designs are ugly asf. 

I hate most of the city jerseys I’m not gonna lie to you. I don’t doubt there’s a market for them and people will rock whatever they think looks cool, but most of this :censored: is garbage in my opinion. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

My problem with the NBA uniform situation isn't just the crazy designs like this new Nets one.

It's the fact that I don't even care. Whether it's ugly or beautiful, my reaction to every new uniform is exactly the same at this point. Who cares?

And I guess it's not just a uniform problem, it's a league as a whole problem. My reaction to new uniforms is the same as my reaction to player transactions.

"Oh, star player so and so got traded to that team? And what colors do they wear this year? Well it was green last year but I think it's pink this year. Ok whatever, he'll be on another team next year."

I know it's been said a million times but the lack of team identity is KILLING the NBA. There's no rivalries, there's no classic matchups that you can immediately envision in your head. It's just turned into a professional AAU league. And I'm 26 so I'm not just a cranky old man.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

On 4/8/2023 at 7:45 AM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

The Suns will have new main uniforms for next season (purple & white), and a new city edition uniform replacing the current turquoise uniform. The classic purple sunburst is to be worn for only this season and is not scheduled to be back. The alternate black PHX uniform will return for next season.

The Turquoise was only supposed to be a one off anyway to honor the tribes in Arizona. Plus I would love to see a patch for Al McCoy of some sort. 

On 4/7/2023 at 10:04 PM, Conrad. said:

sadly, i do not

as for 2023/24 info, here's a nibble...3 teams are getting new main uniforms, 2 teams updating Statements, and 4 teams will have Classic unis.

Didn't you mention something about the Sixers getting new primaries last fall? Iirc it involved changing the direction of the dropshadow, similar to how they changed it on the statement jersey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bushy said:

I’m black, live in Atlanta, (Jamaican as well) and actually 27. I still prefer the more traditional stuff and think these “out there” designs are ugly asf. 

I hate most of the city jerseys I’m not gonna lie to you. I don’t doubt there’s a market for them and people will rock whatever they think looks cool, but most of this :censored: is garbage in my opinion. 

You're Jamaican too? So that makes 3 people here from the Caribbean since my roots come from a small English speaking Caribbean island like Jamaica but it has a Spanish name: Antigua

2 hours ago, bushy said:

That just looks like a stereotype lol

Not to me really, in fact the Nets have their own graffiti style uniforms

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 4/8/2023 at 10:45 AM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

This is still the expectation for the Sun, correct?

Leak: New Phoenix Suns Uniforms for 2022-23 Shows Return of Shooting Sun –  SportsLogos.Net News

I'm going with the same gut feeling that I've had the last 15 years - that the Mavs will get new unis. So they're probably not one of the teams.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 4/7/2023 at 9:54 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m guessing/assuming what the Jazz unveiled for 2023-24 during this past summer would fall into both the updated statement and new classic edition categories (new purple mountain alt and the Pistol Pete throwbacks)? 

Yeah, they were already announced last summer by the Jazz. Since it's the Jazz's 50th anniversary they're wearing their 1974 road jersey as a throwback and I think the purple mountain is their city jersey since there is no Jordan logo.

FVeOizEUUAA92Ln.jpg

• Like 4

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

58 minutes ago, kimball said:

Yeah, they were already announced last summer by the Jazz. Since it's the Jazz's 50th anniversary they're wearing their 1974 road jersey as a throwback and I think the purple mountain is their city jersey since there is no Jordan logo.

FVeOizEUUAA92Ln.jpg

Oh right, good catch! That would make more sense.

I think a part of me is really hoping the highlighter yellow statement gets the axe somehow, though if not replaced by the purple mountains, I feel like it’s not getting replaced at all. It’d be very easy to improve upon it, though. No doubt about that.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

You're Jamaican too? So that makes 3 people here from the Caribbean since my roots come from a small English speaking Caribbean island like Jamaica but it has a Spanish name: Antigua

spacer.png

This uniform kicked ass. Fits perfectly with the Nets' other uniforms whilst still alluding to graffiti. Plus it's a solid nod to the ABA Nets uniforms and the herringbone pattern in the stripe works really well. I'd be down for Brooklyn to use this as a third jersey in the regular rotation, and never use any other alternate ever again, save for maybe a throwback.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Does it count if I tell you people tell me I sound like I'm from the Caribbean? 😄

And since we're identifying black demographics up in here...Im black, 41, and am from somewhat near the Caribbean...if northwest Florida counts. Oh and while I really do not care for the cash-grab free-for-all the NBA (and, increasingly, MLB) has become from an aesthetic perspectice, I do find myself liking a few of these alternate designs. Case in point; Memphis' 2022-23 City stuff, which given the gradients, web 2.0 effects, and diamondplate patterns in the numbers, I probably shouldn't like, but dangit if I don't—and I hate how much o love it. (Atlanta's black peach-themed alternates are pretty hot, too.)

Also, this:

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

spacer.png

I just wish they'd have outlined the numbers, as well—but that is about as perfect an alternate as one could come up with.

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think a part of me is really hoping the highlighter yellow statement gets the axe somehow, though if not replaced by the purple mountains, I feel like it’s not getting replaced at all. It’d be very easy to improve upon it, though. No doubt about that.

Utah is in brand purgatory right now. That said, if they haven't already had this discussion—and if they haven't, I don't know how not—they could marry up with the highlighter yellow with the purple and create something really unique, something more geared for streetwear. And since we're talking about this...

51 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

That uniform and Grey Court made me an instant fan!  I love how the nets are incorporating a street vibe.

...Over the last three or four years, this really seems to be the way more and more team brands have gone...and the NBA, being the sport most closely related with/to the street, has long led the charge on that. It makes sense from a, um, dollars and cents standpoint—maximize revenue by designing something folk would wanna wear on the street—but at the same time, like everything else, there comes a point where too much becomes too much. I don't think it's gotten to that point yet across the major leagues, but it's getting close. Ironically, the NFL is the one holdout, save for the direction the Rams chose to go with their current sets—"inspired", they say, by some urban wear company that I can't remember and don't care to look up. We'll see what happens depending on what the Cardinals unveil here shortly...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||