Fixing NFL Teams that Need an Update - Falcons Added

JPConcepts

If you have seen the newly released Uniforms for the Arizona Cardinals, you know that they decided to play it very safe and go very basic. See Below.

2023_NewUniDetails_0413ce_0171.0.jpg

Although I do see them as an upgrade from their previous uniforms that have become very dated. This new identity has no character and lacks any homage to the state of Arizona. The other professional sports teams that reside in Arizona make an effort to draw inspiration from Arizona in their design elements (See the Phoenix Suns "The Valley" jerseys or Arizona Coyotes "Kachina" Uniforms).  After seeing these boring Cardinals uniforms, I have decided to take a stab at what I think Arizona should be wearing.

I decided to stick with the Cardinal Red, White, Black, and metallic silver of the new uniforms while also adding a hint of gold to the sleeve cap. I used inspiration from their past uniforms with the stripe on the sleeve while also implementing design elements from the state flag. 

The grey in the striping that you see in the concept would be similar to the metallic silver on actual uniforms and the gold star on the sleeve would also be metallic. The grey on the sleeve in the white uniform above the stripe would not be metallic silver but just a slightly darker color of the jersey (Similar to the Home and Alternate). The helmets would be exactly the same as what they unveiled.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Now this.. you cooked man. I just don’t get why the Big Ol Arizona text wasn’t on all three. The only thing is why’s the number on the back off center?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

• JPConcepts changed the title to Fixing NFL Teams that Need an Update - Texans Added

The Jacksonville Jaguars are a team who have recently updated their uniforms to a much simpler and cleaner look compared to their infamous black-to-gold gradient helmets. Although I do see their current set as an upgrade, they leave room for improvement. The all-black helmet with the Jaguar logo is fantastic but the jersey and pants lack any uniqueness or character. 

Jaguars unveil new Nike Vapor Untouchable uniforms

My concept uses gold more prominently than the current set and takes design elements from past Jaguars uniforms as inspiration. I have also added a second helmet in adherence to the NFL now accepting a second helmet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Both the black and white helmets would have a teal speckle. The helmet, jersey, and pants could be worn interchangeably meaning they could do a whiteout, blackout, all teal, and more.

• Like 2

• JPConcepts changed the title to Fixing NFL Teams that Need an Update - Jaguars Added

The Tennesee Titans also recently went through a uniform change and although I don't think they are terrible, they do have a lot going and are somewhat incoherent. With two different shades of grey on the shoulders, the teams two shades of blue and touches of red throughout the jersey, the uniform could use some more uniformity. See below for their current set.

The Story Behind Titans New Uniforms, and Helmet

I decided to get rid of the grey and stick with the two tone blues and red. I used design elements from their current set and past uniforms to create my take on what the Tennesee Titans should be wearing. The helmet, jersey, and pants can be worn in any combo. I could also see them mixing up the color of their facemask from light blue, red, white, or dark blue for both helmets.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• JPConcepts changed the title to Fixing NFL Teams that Need an Update - Titans Added
  • 4 months later...
  • JPConcepts changed the title to Fixing NFL Teams that Need an Update - Broncos Added
On 4/21/2023 at 12:32 PM, JPConcepts said:

If you have seen the newly released Uniforms for the Arizona Cardinals, you know that they decided to play it very safe and go very basic. See Below.

Although I do see them as an upgrade from their previous uniforms that have become very dated. This new identity has no character and lacks any homage to the state of Arizona. The other professional sports teams that reside in Arizona make an effort to draw inspiration from Arizona in their design elements (See the Phoenix Suns "The Valley" jerseys or Arizona Coyotes "Kachina" Uniforms).  After seeing these boring Cardinals uniforms, I have decided to take a stab at what I think Arizona should be wearing.

I decided to stick with the Cardinal Red, White, Black, and metallic silver of the new uniforms while also adding a hint of gold to the sleeve cap. I used inspiration from their past uniforms with the stripe on the sleeve while also implementing design elements from the state flag. 

The grey in the striping that you see in the concept would be similar to the metallic silver on actual uniforms and the gold star on the sleeve would also be metallic. The grey on the sleeve in the white uniform above the stripe would not be metallic silver but just a slightly darker color of the jersey (Similar to the Home and Alternate). The helmets would be exactly the same as what they unveiled.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are fresh, my man. Much better than what they rolled out with just a few tweaks.

On 4/21/2023 at 3:32 PM, JPConcepts said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Throw some TV numbers on here and this would be perfect. 

spacer.png

Using the helmet logo of the '80s jets, I combined design elements for my take on what New York should be wearing. I also included a throwback set as a nod to the '60s and '70s Jets. The only unique addition to the primary set that wasn't taken from past uniforms would be the sleeve caps.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• JPConcepts changed the title to Fixing NFL Teams that Need an Update - Jets Added

Taking inspiration from the current Ravens uniforms and the Maryland state flag, this is my take on Baltimore without copying the Maryland Terrapins too much. I took out the stripes on the helmet and the drop shadow on the numbers in an effort to make it less busy.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Love 1

• JPConcepts changed the title to Fixing NFL Teams that Need an Update - Ravens Added

Really like that pants stripe for Baltimore! I would love to see it on the sleeves in black & gold too. Even without the cross, it'd work as a Baltimore city flag tribute...

Not a fan of the purple helmet number; maybe white to match the black jersey or gold would be better?

Jets look good; no complaints. Texans have a fun look too!

Not feeling the Broncos; the outlined striping  and unoutlined orange manes on the shoulders and logo look good on their own but don't really fit together. I'd be curious to see no white in the striping and no orange outlines on the numbers; that'd be consistent, I think...

1 hour ago, JPConcepts said:

Taking inspiration from the current Ravens uniforms and the Maryland state flag, this is my take on Baltimore without copying the Maryland Terrapins too much. I took out the stripes on the helmet and the drop shadow on the numbers in an effort to make it less busy.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

THe pant stripe and sleve design is really cool

ZUH86xc.png

On 4/27/2023 at 5:40 PM, JPConcepts said:

Decided to keep this going and turn this into my ideas for NFL teams that need updated uniforms.

The Houston Texans could use an update from the generic set that they have now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Super clean design for Houston. One of the better ones I've seen for them. Any chance of you adding an "H-Town Blue" alt?

• Like 1

• JPConcepts changed the title to Fixing NFL Teams that Need an Update - Seahawks Added

The Commanders rebrand was uninspiring and the uniforms that came with it were downright ugly. With this concept, I tried to not sway too far from what they looked like as the (Commanders) while also giving it its own identity. The stripes and stars on the sleeves and in the logo are supposed to resemble the flag of Washington DC.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• JPConcepts changed the title to Fixing NFL Teams that Need an Update - Commanders Added