2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

7 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Well the Washington (Commanders) refused to wear the all yellow color rush and instead decided to  wear all burgundy and nothing happened to them. There was also a situation where the broncos brought their white uniforms instead of home unis to San Diego against the chargers in an early season game and they got fined $25k and were forced to go WAH when they faced the chargers again later in the season.

Time out...what??? 

6 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

The problem with the STL Rams uniforms wasn’t the colors, it was the bubbly number font, the inconsistent striping, shoehorning the secondary logo on the sleeves, and their insistence on incorporating unnecessary white pants. Not to mention the side panels (early on) and the devastating hybrid of 2017-2019 (later). Blue and white helmet and pants with random gold on the jersey. Who approves these things?

This is the first time I've ever seen someone describe the StL Rams' number font that way. It's barely a few angled bars away from being dang near the exact same number font the Cleveland Brows and [sailboat series aside] Minnesota Vikings currently use?

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

Jacksonville actively avoiding their primary color vs Cincy who has no business in all white.

Where the :censored: is the teal & orange?

Well if you squint really closely and zoom in on the slee—you know what, forget it. This matchup should be 100% illegal.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just noticed a 49ers uniform inconsistency from Thanksgiving night in Seattle:

There was a clip of Christian McCaffrey getting his helmet fixed that went viral:

But he has the wrong helmet. You can see that on the side of his helmet there's gold trim on the 49ers logo, as well as the primary logo on the front bumper. That's the primary helmet.

As the 49ers were wearing their throwback uniforms, they put throwback decals on the helmet, as can be seen with Brock Purdy's helmet here:

spacer.png

How did this happen?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Just noticed a 49ers uniform inconsistency from Thanksgiving night in Seattle:

There was a clip of Christian McCaffrey getting his helmet fixed that went viral:

But he has the wrong helmet. You can see that on the side of his helmet there's gold trim on the 49ers logo, as well as the primary logo on the front bumper. That's the primary helmet.

As the 49ers were wearing their throwback uniforms, they put throwback decals on the helmet, as can be seen with Brock Purdy's helmet here:

spacer.png

How did this happen?

Good catch. Strange, because checking other pics of CMC on Thanksgiving, he's in the throwback helmet.

Do you think NBC planted an old video? 🤔🤔

GettyImages-christian-1-copy.jpg?ve=1&tl

Xexg1kp66iKu_iIeHn8wPBnmI_1440x960.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

40 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Good catch. Strange, because checking other pics of CMC on Thanksgiving, he's in the throwback helmet.

Do you think NBC planted an old video? 🤔🤔

GettyImages-christian-1-copy.jpg?ve=1&tl

Xexg1kp66iKu_iIeHn8wPBnmI_1440x960.jpg

Interesting. It's definitely not from another game this year because you can clearly see in the video that there's no shoulder TV numbers- meaning that he has to be wearing the throwback uniform. The only time the 49ers have worn the primary helmet decals with the throwback whites was back in 2019 - when CMC was not on the team:

spacer.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Interesting. It's definitely not from another game this year because you can clearly see in the video that there's no shoulder TV numbers- meaning that he has to be wearing the throwback uniform. The only time the 49ers have worn the primary helmet decals with the throwback whites was back in 2019 - when CMC was not on the team:

spacer.png

Thumbing thru more SF/SEA pics, I did find a pic of CMC with a modern decal. At some point, there was a helmet swap. When or what that was, I don't know.

mccaffrey-samuel-dominate-as-49ers-roll-

• Like 5
  • WOAH 2

6uXNWAo.png

41 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Thumbing thru more SF/SEA pics, I did find a pic of CMC with a modern decal. At some point, there was a helmet swap. When or what that was, I don't know.

mccaffrey-samuel-dominate-as-49ers-roll-

I know "sock-jacking" is a tired concept on this thread, but at the very least, teams should have all their players wear the same helmet design. This shouldn't be happening.

Edit: According to a comment on this Uni Watch article, the helmet switch was just before halftime, and it's likely that the 49ers staff repaired the throwback helmet during halftime, since CMC was back in a throwback helmet at the start of the second half.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

The problem with the STL Rams uniforms wasn’t the colors, it was the bubbly number font, the inconsistent striping, shoehorning the secondary logo on the sleeves, and their insistence on incorporating unnecessary white pants. Not to mention the side panels (early on) and the devastating hybrid of 2017-2019 (later). Blue and white helmet and pants with random gold on the jersey. Who approves these things?

Inconsistent striping isn't a deal breaker in itself.  The gold stripe was always more or less fixed as was the blue sleeve. What shifted was the present or lack of a white stripe on the sleeve after the gold.

123283647.0.jpg

0d668fd2-2cdd-48b2-ac29-14e2055af36b-USA

15 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

The 2017-19 Rams is the worst look in the NFL this century. And it makes zero sense considering the looks they had previously and immediately after that horrendous set

I think by 2019, the set up the rams had settled into of white/navy on the road and 70's-90's at home had turned out pretty well. A couple of tweaks like removing gold could've kept that dynamic intact. I genuinely miss the white horns paired with a white facemask.

usa_today_11777154.0.jpg

usatsi_11328761.jpg?w=1000

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I also think that in 2020, had the Rams trotted out a road jersey that was a copy of the royal throwback but with white and navy only and changed nothing else about what they wore in 2019, this board would've exploded with applause.

Meaning they wear royal/athletic gold at home and navy/white on the road? I was just thinking about that reading through this stuff and looking at those pictures of those late 2010s uniforms. Like, if the uniforms themselves were the same design (be they either the throwback or the modern) and the only differences were that at home they were royal/gold and on the road they were navy/white, I think I could get behind that. Something like a late-90s/2000s Washington State: two different helmets depending on where they're playing. In the modern uniform context:

Home:

spacer.png

Away:

spacer.png

I don't think that I'd advocate for this, specifically. (I think I fall somewhere between the hard-line throwback and the modern look, but consistent use of royal and athletic gold, including the helmet.) But I also wouldn't hate it, either.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Meh 3

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Meaning they wear royal/athletic gold at home and navy/white on the road? I was just thinking about that reading through this stuff and looking at those pictures of those late 2010s uniforms. Like, if the uniforms themselves were the same design (be they either the throwback or the modern) and the only differences were that at home they were royal/gold and on the road they were navy/white, I think I could get behind that. Something like a late-90s/2000s Washington State: two different helmets depending on where they're playing. In the modern uniform context:

Home:

spacer.png

Away:

spacer.png

I don't think that I'd advocate for this, specifically. (I think I fall somewhere between the hard-line throwback and the modern look, but consistent use of royal and athletic gold, including the helmet.) But I also wouldn't hate it, either.

No I meant an all white/navy very of the 70's-90's uniform with the team continuing to wear the throwbacks at home.

Imagine the mustard color rush uniform but with gold swapped out for white on the jersey/pants and helmet (plus white facemask).

9 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Inconsistent striping isn't a deal breaker in itself.  The gold stripe was always more or less fixed as was the blue sleeve. What shifted was the present or lack of a white stripe on the sleeve after the gold.

123283647.0.jpg

0d668fd2-2cdd-48b2-ac29-14e2055af36b-USA

This was always irksome. If the shoulder stripes on the blue jersey had just flipped the white stripe to the other side of the gold stripe closest to the collar then there'd be effectively no stripe inconsistency from blue jersey to white jersey because the white stripe on the white jersey would be in the same place, it would just be invisible because it'd be up against the white base of the jersey. Feels like they went out of their way to create that unnecessary inconsistency. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I also think that in 2020, had the Rams trotted out a road jersey that was a copy of the royal throwback but with white and navy only and changed nothing else about what they wore in 2019, this board would've exploded with applause.

I would not have applauded. That's a terrible, brand-diluting idea. It astounds me that people think sports teams' color schemes should be elastic. It would be like saying that the flag of France should be blue, white, and red in France but navy blue, white, and navy blue whenever it appears in another country. What are we doing here?

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 hours ago, blackandgoldfanatic said:

Steelers to wear Color Rush Uniforms vs Patriots on Thrusday Night.

https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-to-wear-color-rush-uniforms-vs-ne

I thought they would wear those for the Titans. I think that's why Tennessee wore the columbia blue pants in that game weeks ago. Last time Pittsburgh beat New England was when they were in those uniforms.

I don't know what is worse, too much dark colors in the game, or the QBs both teams will have.