MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

4 hours ago, tp49 said:

Not just yet.  The Bee Gees called and they thing the Aussiejack needs to be...

They had such an odd career (or careers)...lots of peaks and valleys.

• Like 1

Does a cover extend the Aussie-jack?  This is my favorite Bee Gees cover, by far.  Love the effects.

Maybe we can pivot and cover-jack the thread:

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, McCall said:

My current mood

GPGT] Kangaroo punches Photographer n then says sorry | HardwareZone Forums

• Love 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not that we need to bag on the Nike/Fanatics uniforms any further, but we should, so I'm going to. The Angels are wearing '70s throwbacks tonight, and that's how I learned it's apparently impossible for Nike to make a standard V-neck. It's notched with a little extra at the bottom, like the Nationals' pullover alternates. Just another thing Nike broke that no one knew could be broken.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

8 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Not that we need to bag on the Nike/Fanatics uniforms any further, but we should, so I'm going to. The Angels are wearing '70s throwbacks tonight, and that's how I learned it's apparently impossible for Nike to make a standard V-neck. It's notched with a little extra at the bottom, like the Nationals' pullover alternates. Just another thing Nike broke that no one knew could be broken.

That is kind of ridiculous on Nike's part.

Is it laziness and they don't want to deviate from their precious template in any way? Or arrogance and wanting to put their own 'stamp' on throwbacks that first originated years before their existence.

Either way, it just continues to prove that Nike doesn't get it.

On 7/27/2024 at 9:59 AM, BBTV said:

Does a cover extend the Aussie-jack?  This is my favorite Bee Gees cover, by far.  Love the effects.

Maybe we can pivot and cover-jack the thread:

Oh, THIS is a game I look forward to playing!

11 minutes ago, M59 said:

Oh, THIS is a game I look forward to playing!

8 minutes ago, M59 said:

Or this..

3 minutes ago, M59 said:

Last one for today...

G'day - they need to be covers of Aussie songs... get with the program, mate.

Crikey.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, ptay said:

Is it laziness and they don't want to deviate from their precious template in any way? Or arrogance and wanting to put their own 'stamp' on throwbacks that first originated years before their existence.

Yes to both

9 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Yes to both

normally I’d say it’s strictly a branding move, and while that’s part of it for their non-throwbacks, I think the main driver is the reuse of their new existing template. I don’t know the cost savings of reusing a template vs creating a new one, but I bet that’s the driving factor since they’re clearly standardizing as much as possible (like how the pants aren’t as customizable anymore). 

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

G'day - they need to be covers of Aussie songs... get with the program, mate.

Crikey.  

Sorry. I thought when you wrote "Maybe we can pivot and cover-jack the thread" you were opening it up to non-Aussie songs.
Hope you enjoyed 'em anyway...

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

normally I’d say it’s strictly a branding move, and while that’s part of it for their non-throwbacks, I think the main driver is the reuse of their new existing template. I don’t know the cost savings of reusing a template vs creating a new one, but I bet that’s the driving factor since they’re clearly standardizing as much as possible (like how the pants aren’t as customizable anymore). 

Ever since the current template was introduced, I've felt that the mandate was "cut costs to the bone". Nike has always struck me as the "why use one seam when you can use six" company. I was shocked at how...plain...the current template is. (Except, of course, for the "sun collar" on the button-front jerseys, which is just dumb.)

The following is from a Facebook post by Bill Henderson of the Dream Shop...more details on how cheap the new stuff is.

For people who are very detail oriented, they point out that the tackle twill that Nike is using is slightly different than what we are used to. I have a couple of the new style jerseys here, and I can tell you that the new twill is extremely thin, it’s almost like paper. It seems to be coated with color, it doesn't have the color of the fabric through-and-through which is very concerning. (look at the photo below.) And it is matte finished, which means it has no shine to it at all. The tackle twill that we’ve been using for the past 60 years has a very slight sheen to it, and it also has what we call “hand“ that means when you turn it 90° It actually shifts color a little bit. The new fabric does not do that. And, being a perfectionist I've noticed that some of the colors don't exactly match what we are used to either.
I have done some preliminary poking around and none of the major suppliers seem to have any interest in addressing this. It’s no surprise that Nike is sourcing their own proprietary fabric. I doubt there will be a solution for this anytime soon. If you are going to insist on the exact same fabric that the manufacturer uses, you’re going to have to buy your jerseys already lettered from Fanatics.
I will also tell you that an exercise in trying to remove lettering from an existing team issued jersey has proved extremely frustrating. It is glued down so tight and the new jersey fabric is so thin and easy to rip holes in that I can't promise you we are going to be able to do this in the future; however keep in mind in 2016 that I said this same thing about the current Flexbase jerseys, and yet we learned how to do it; but right now it doesn't look super promising.

Oh, we're doing covers of Australian hits?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.