This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think it's more about having them in different areas to get max participation, as opposed to looking at potential new locations. 

I realize that. I was only sharing it in response to the query of whether the UFL could work in San Diego. 

Plus, while these may just be about expanding its recruitment reach, the league still picked those markets for a reason. They could have just as easily selected a location in L.A. or Boston or Minneapolis or Miami if they wanted to cast a wider net for talent. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they're also using this as an opportunity to establish a footing in these markets. 

• Like 1

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-otas-nflpa-proposing-major-changes-offseason-schedule/

Something else that will affect the UFL schedule going forward. If they scrap OTAs and instead go with an extended training camp, the UFL will have to move up the start of the season just to make sure their players have the ability to go straight into NFL camps. So that could mean a start during the first weekend in March instead of the last weekend. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think Bridgeview could be an option since the Fire play at Soldier Field now. The only other team out there are the Red Stars. 

I looked into it.  SeatGeek Stadium has the following regular tenants: Chicago Red Stars of the NWSL, Chicago Fire II of MLS Next Pro and the Chicago Hounds of Major League Rugby, with all three playing at the same time as the UFL.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I looked into it.  SeatGeek Stadium has the following regular tenants: Chicago Red Stars of the NWSL, Chicago Fire II of MLS Next Pro and the Chicago Hounds of Major League Rugby, with all three playing at the same time as the UFL.  

I didn't realize hey had a rugby team, and forgot about Chicago Fire II. I wonder if they would be good to bring back the Chicago Enforcers identity if they put a team there. I think it's one that could still work in 2025 if they are fine bringing USFL brands back as well. Adding a predominantly purple team would help break some of the red and blue colors that dominate the league right now. 

running-back-john-avery-of-the-chicago-e

A purple helmet could work pretty well with an updated jersey and white pants. 

2football1940__FitMaxWzk3MCw2NTBd.jpg

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Birmingham attendance looking awfully low today

Every Birmingham fan on TwiX keeps making the "we've been burned by spring football before" excuse for the low attendance, ignoring the fact that this is the Stallions THIRD year, all in Birmingham and are arguably the best team in the league. I keep making the analogy it's like breaking up with a woman so she doesn't dump you a year from now. They're here. Going to a game today doesn't make it a waste of money next year if the league were to shut down.

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I didn't realize hey had a rugby team, and forgot about Chicago Fire II. I wonder if they would be good to bring back the Chicago Enforcers identity if they put a team there. I think it's one that could still work in 2025 if they are fine bringing USFL brands back as well. Adding a predominantly purple team would help break some of the red and blue colors that dominate the league right now. 

running-back-john-avery-of-the-chicago-e

A purple helmet could work pretty well with an updated jersey and white pants. 

2football1940__FitMaxWzk3MCw2NTBd.jpg

I think that the UFL would bring back the Chicago Blitz before they bring back the Enforcers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

It's sad when a game featuring two eliminated teams draws nearly double that of a game featuring the two best teams in one conference being played at the home of the best team in the league. Stallions fans continue to say, "we've been burned before and we don't know how long they'll be around" while the team exists. If they ever leave, they have no one to blame but themselves. Not the UFL or the team. It's all on the fans.

On 5/30/2024 at 12:20 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Just me thinking about people talking about bringing back the New Jersey Generals. Has anyone considered using Highpoint.com (Rutgers) instead of Red Bull Arena? I know the distance is twice that to NYC, but the name of the team is New Jersey so why should they keep trying to be in the NYC area when a purpose built football stadium is right up the road? Not only that they have similar colors to the team that could be placed there, and you have more space to grow (52,000 seats) if the team gets the buy-in from locals.

1150632653.jpg.jpg

Yeah, I was wondering why the New Jersey Generals never really considered making Rutgers Stadium their home venue. Then again, I've always wondered why Michie Stadium at Army West Point was never considered for the New York Guardians when they played. Yes, it's about 50 miles north of NYC, but it would've been/would be a great (temporary) venue for New York's UFL team, until NYCFC's new stadium opens up in 2027.

spacer.png

• Like 2

YOZXkBG.png?1

45 minutes ago, JH42XCC said:

Yeah, I was wondering why the New Jersey Generals never really considered making Rutgers Stadium their home venue. Then again, I've always wondered why Michie Stadium at Army West Point was never considered for the New York Guardians when they played. Yes, it's about 50 miles north of NYC, but it would've been/would be a great (temporary) venue for New York's UFL team, until NYCFC's new stadium opens up in 2027.

spacer.png

What's the market like there? Are people in NYC gonna make the 50-mile trip to watch a spring football team? It's not always about there being a stadium. It matters where that stadium IS. Rutgers' stadium is still in a higher density populated area so it may work. I don't know about West Point. I would almost try for Columbia as a temporary home (if NYCFC really is the end goal) before West Point.

29 minutes ago, McCall said:

What's the market like there? Are people in NYC gonna make the 50-mile trip to watch a spring football team? It's not always about there being a stadium. It matters where that stadium IS. Rutgers' stadium is still in a higher density populated area so it may work. I don't know about West Point. I would almost try for Columbia as a temporary home (if NYCFC really is the end goal) before West Point.

Well, dang it. I wasn't initially thinking Columbia University's Wien Stadium because I thought it would've been a bad look for the UFL in the NYC area. But then again, I've always wondered why the New York Sentinels in the 2009 version of the UFL never considered Wien Stadium as a potential home venue, even though it IS in NYC, and has a little over 17,000 seats.

• Like 1

YOZXkBG.png?1

Posted (edited)

So, the average attendance for the UFL altogether is 12,819. 

UFL Average without St. Louis: 9, 741

XFL Average: 17,570

XFL Average without St. Louis: 11,975

USFL Average: 8,069

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

So, the average attendance for the UFL altogether is 12,819. 

UFL Average Without St. Louis: 9, 741

XFL Average: 17,570

XFL Average without St. Louis: 11,975

USFL Average: 8,069

Birmingham's numbers should be a lot higher since they are the back-to-back champions of the USFL, but the feeling is that the attendance is that low because Birmingham has been constantly burned by failed Spring Football leagues and a failed CFL team and they don't want to go through all of that again.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Birmingham's numbers should be a lot higher since they are the back-to-back champions of the USFL, but the feeling is that the attendance is that low because Birmingham has been constantly burned by failed Spring Football leagues and a failed CFL team and they don't want to go through all of that again.  

And yet here they are, in their third season and the best team in the league and people are STILL using that excuse.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, McCall said:

And yet here they are, in their third season and the best team in the league and people are STILL using that excuse.

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

At some point you have to say that's enough. Memphis and Detroit I can understand. The first year neither team played a home game. The second year, the Panthers played a home game in Canton instead of Detroit because of how the USFL made the schedule and Memphis were an OK team that didn't make the playoffs. This year for the Panthers, late season ticket sales, lack of support from Ford Field and other issues affected them more than the rest of the league. The Stallions have the best player in the league and an exciting team, they shouldn't be dragging at the rear of the pack in attendance.  The home opener and the Battlehawks game is doing a lot of work lifting up the rest of the schedule. The CFL debacle burned quite a few cities, but that was on the U.S. owners as much as the CFL trying to survive the 1990's. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png