2024 NASCAR Schemes

Green27

The Johnson Legacy 84 is just a show car wrap, and not what will be seen on track. Not sure *why* that’s the case, maybe we cyberbullied Legacy into going back to the drawing board? We know wraps can come together relatively  quickly with ongoing sponsorship changes, so a possibility.

• Like 1

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

18 hours ago, flyersfan said:

The Johnson Legacy 84 is just a show car wrap, and not what will be seen on track. Not sure *why* that’s the case, maybe we cyberbullied Legacy into going back to the drawing board? We know wraps can come together relatively  quickly with ongoing sponsorship changes, so a possibility.

I noticed that the scheme is asymmetrical (green Dollar Tree on one side, orange Family Dollar on the other). AFAIK, unless something's changed, NASCAR doesn't allow asymmetrical schemes.

• Like 2

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On 2/8/2024 at 7:26 AM, stumpygremlin said:

I noticed that the scheme is asymmetrical (green Dollar Tree on one side, orange Family Dollar on the other). AFAIK, unless something's changed, NASCAR doesn't allow asymmetrical schemes.

I don't think that's the case any more. Pretty sure there have been some asymmetrical schemes in the last 5-10 years. None of them specifically come to mind at the moment though

3 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

I don't think that's the case any more. Pretty sure there have been some asymmetrical schemes in the last 5-10 years. None of them specifically come to mind at the moment though

Nope there has not been any asymmetrical schemes. I know for a fact that in 2017 the #5 of Kasey Kahne had to change his Justice League scheme because it violated the rule. 

Here's what the rule book says:

“Both (left-hand side) and (right-hand side) of the vehicle must emulate each other in all colors, markings and graphics. Vehicles with a longitudinal centerline split in appearance extending from front bumper to rear bumper will not be permitted.”

JJ's scheme might be able to skirt the rule since it just fades towards the back and is not the entire side. But that also may just be a show car and not the real scheme.

6 hours ago, Pabig93 said:

The M&M's schemes were never symmetrical. So I don't think that asymmetrical schemes are forbidden.

You're missing the point of symmetrical. They are talking about colors, so one side can't be black and the other side red.  It's been done in the past, but Terry Labonte's 2014 Talladega scheme where it was a Kellogg's scheme on one side and a Piedmont Airlines scheme on the other side. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nascar/news/nascar-wont-ok-tribute-paint-scheme-for-terry-labonte/kvemhdpesnt01ohgtzbw40p12 I know it's been done it the past, but that scheme I think NASCAR said, "We're done."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mjarvie said:

Nope there has not been any asymmetrical schemes. I know for a fact that in 2017 the #5 of Kasey Kahne had to change his Justice League scheme because it violated the rule. 

Here's what the rule book says:

“Both (left-hand side) and (right-hand side) of the vehicle must emulate each other in all colors, markings and graphics. Vehicles with a longitudinal centerline split in appearance extending from front bumper to rear bumper will not be permitted.”

JJ's scheme might be able to skirt the rule since it just fades towards the back and is not the entire side. But that also may just be a show car and not the real scheme.

The 88 Justice League car wasn't symmetrical

spacer.pngspacer.png