2024 NASCAR Schemes

Green27

Painted rims are a perfectly simple way to elevate a scheme.

We know teams are allowed to mess with them. Penske uses a lighter shade of gray/silver. Not that evident in single car picks but in a crowd shows. I believe it’s Hendrick that has some red accents, mostly only visible during pit stops or on pit road. 
Not every scheme *needs* them, but some iconic schemes of the past have featured the painted rim.

• Like 2

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

5 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Painted rims are a perfectly simple way to elevate a scheme.

We know teams are allowed to mess with them. Penske uses a lighter shade of gray/silver. Not that evident in single car picks but in a crowd shows. I believe it’s Hendrick that has some red accents, mostly only visible during pit stops or on pit road. 
Not every scheme *needs* them, but some iconic schemes of the past have featured the painted rim.

I think teams are hesitant to mess with wheels after they tried penalizing teams before the first race for altering wheels which actually made them safer. Also I think teams don’t really see the purpose of painting wheels when a full speed the color gets washed out, unlike the painted rims from before that would look like a single block of color at speed. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 12:28 PM, DCarp1231 said:

I mean it’s on brand for a Petty car

spacer.png

I meant a joke about the reduced HP the cars have now (I know it’s 650) just showing how the stock car will have more hp than the cup cars soon.

I was really going to wait until I saw the Toyotas in action to see if I liked them just because they did look bad or awkward from a few angles. Looked too rounded and the light decal going all the way across just didn’t look great a lot of times. Now that I see it on the track I’ve softened to it. It does look fine. Not my favorite, but plenty good

Watching these cars on track, the extra black in certain areas (many have it around the front wheels) is really annoying. Just some funny business with regards to the inspection scanners.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 2/1/2024 at 3:46 PM, DCarp1231 said:

I kind of wish the pattern was used as trim along the bottom to imitate Dale Sr’s Goodwrench scheme

GFQa0BYW0AAQbD-?format=jpg&name=large

I understand they wanted to emulate AJ 4 Black Cement which would be release one day before Daytona 500, but they don't have any splatter pattern. Air Flight 89 Black Cement have it.

4r2eer.png