Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

We have a winner.

Get ready for the bittern venom of the Chicago Sting!!

Sure, spiders don't actually sting people, so maybe not the perfect name/logo combo (Would Chicago Spiders make more sense?) but the purple and red arachnids are coming to Chicagoland.  The Sting will play their home games at Seatgeek Stadium in Bridgeview and will rock a purple uniform with red and white secondary colors.  It's a unique color combo in Chicago sports, but one we think fans will love.   Here is the Sting's uniforms for the 2029 season.

spacer.png

The Sting introduce white and purple jersey sets, both featuring the same thin tapered stripe as the helmet.  The two stripes (side panel on jersey and pants) are designed to line up with each other, of course.  The Sting also introduce a secondary logo, a bold font "C" with a web that forms the famous star of the Chicago flag in the open space. 

spacer.png

The Sting complete the roster of clubs for the 2029 season, 10 teams divided into Western and Eastern Divisions.  

I will be back later today with the story of 2029 and the next wave as the league opts to move to 12 teams.  

spacer.png

(NOTE: I fixed the issue with the white pant set.)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I voted for the Hogs, but those Sting uniforms are awesome. The purple and red combo is so unique and the C alternate logo is so creative.

Also, looks like the East has some big gaps between teams, so hopefully we get some more franchises out there during the next round of expansion.

Edited by GreenCat

LFG THIS IS A PURE WIN

Unique name, unique mascot, unique colors (not just for the league in general or for Chicago teams, but for all of sports)

Someone suggested "Arac-Attack" for the offense, I suggest the "Spider Web" defense - sticky and tough (even more so than steel, take that Steel Curtain)

And now I wonder if the wrestler Sting is an owner or part owner of this team in this universe

IT'S WEBBIN' TIME!

(Edit: Your white pants seems to have no detail to them btw)

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.