Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

NY/NJ. 

ordinarily, I’d say something other than that as my vote, however, it was mentioned earlier that one of the things the was nagging the league was media. With NY/NJ being the largest such market, it’d be the best option to help the league stay afloat. 

5 hours ago, WideRight said:

@JH42XCC casts the vote that puts the California Rush over the top. Sorry Condor Fans.  

Welcome the California Rush to the AAFL as the league's 11th franchise.  The team, which will split games between Sacramento and San Jose, is testing just how regional a team can be.  The Rush will wear black and old gold uniforms.   Their look is somewhat traditional, with a gold helmet bearing the team logo and a black stripe outlined in white.  The jerseys feature a thick shoulder swoosh, with a thinner swoosh beneath it.  Metallic gold numbers on both jerseys will reflect the California sun and use metallic threads to provide just a hint of shimmer.  The team unveiled two secondary logos, one being their primary across a bold font R, and the second being a crossed pickaxe and shovel, tools of gold mining, with a banner that has three letter abbreviations for both of the host cities. This new secondary appears on the collar of each jersey and on the hip of the pants. 

spacer.png

Saints, take note: More gold, less black

Also voting for NY/NJ

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Checking in and we have 21 votes in so far.  Here are the vote totals:

6  Columbus 

5   NY/NJ

4   Nashville

2   Birmingham & Atlanta

1   Tidewater & Miami

So, the cities eliminated are the Carolina triangle, Tidewater and Miami.  The two who voted for those last two can recast votes. 

I have to say that these polls never cease to surprise me.  I thought NY/NJ was the obvious choice, but perhaps there really is a groundswell for non-NFL cities to have more of a roll in this league.  that is my guess, but then why is Nashville doing as well as it is?  

If you already voted, why did you vote for the city you did?  If you have not voted yet, it seems that we are going to have a tight race with 5 teams still alive.