2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, The Impaler said:

I'm probably in the minority judging from other comments, but I've always LOVED that Wyoming uniform.  White lid, brown jersey, yellow pants and the license plate logo.  It's uniquely Wyoming all over the place.  

I'm with you 100%. Something about those Wyoming unis in that stadium at night is just awesome. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PrimalCookie said:

So I was going to make my usual "I don't like the Chargers gold pants, in fact I don't like any uniform where all 3 elements are different and the helmet's the lightest of them" post that I always make whenever the Chargers come up, and then I came across this picture.

The reason I was never a fan was because it made the uniform imbalanced and the helmet sticks out like it doesn't belong. The white numbers help somewhat (Wyoming is much worse than the Chargers because they have gold numbers), but yeah. I'm now realizing I think white socks fixes the problem. It makes it white at the top and bottom, and then blue/gold in between. The color blocking works now. Light-dark-medium-light instead of light-dark-medium-dark.

I will never say this again: thank you players for wearing the incorrect socks, because it actually improved the look this time.

I have to disagree. The Chargers don't have enough gold on their jerseys make the gold pants look right to me, even with the powder blue socks. But I have strong biases against white helmets being worn with non-white pants, as well as solid white socks, especially since they're the wrong socks. I think the only time a team should wear solid white socks with their primary color jersey is if the pants are the same color as the jersey.

I look at this the same way I look at the Jaguars when they wear black/white/teal/black. The color balance is just off. This is a little better because the jerseys and pants have all three colors, but the factors I mentioned above offset that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, rfraser85 said:

I have to disagree. The Chargers don't have enough gold on their jerseys make the gold pants look right to me, even with the powder blue socks. But I have strong biases against white helmets being worn with non-white pants, as well as solid white socks, especially since they're the wrong socks. I think the only time a team should wear solid white socks with their primary color jersey is if the pants are the same color as the jersey.

I look at this the same way I look at the Jaguars when they wear black/white/teal/black. The color balance is just off. This is a little better because the jerseys and pants have all three colors, but the factors I mentioned above offset that.

I don’t like plain white socks under any circumstances. A lot of teams could benefit from white socks with team-color stripes, though. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

As long as the pants are Yellow, gold, silver, or some other light color, I think it's an enjoyable little quirk, in small doses. Those Charger and Breaker uniforms especially are two of my favorites.

Ha ha...every time I see the Utah Utes, I think of that scene from My Cousin Vinny...

spacer.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I don’t like plain white socks under any circumstances. A lot of teams could benefit from white socks with team-color stripes, though. 

Stripes would definitely help, but they must be consistent with a sleeve pattern if there is one.

My one exception for solid white is very limited, and I forgot to add that it only applies to teams with white helmets. Otherwise, the socks should match the helmets or jerseys.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:40 AM, burgundy said:

They were unveiled with both pairs of white pants available.

spacer.png

I was watching an episode of WCW Nitro from August 1997 and someone in the crowd was wearing that blue Elway jersey. I had no idea they were 27 years old, good lord. 

• Like 3

The Texans have let it be known that they aren't changing their primary logo but I wonder if that includes colors. It's always been interesting to me that they didn't go with the official Texas flag colors, given the name and obvious logo connection to the flag. Depending on the lighting, I find the actual shade on the helmets and uniforms to kind of vary between these two blues. 

spacer.png

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:

The Texans have let it be known that they aren't changing their primary logo but I wonder if that includes colors. It's always been interesting to me that they didn't go with the official Texas flag colors, given the name and obvious logo connection to the flag. Depending on the lighting, I find the actual shade on the helmets and uniforms to kind of vary between these two blues. 

spacer.png

Moving to Texas Flag Blue is logical, but I don’t know if it works with their expected used of Oiler Blue in some fashion.  If only as an alternate, then I’d fully support this update.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

It's always been interesting to me that they didn't go with the official Texas flag colors, given the name and obvious logo connection to the flag.

Because navy blue was the trendiest shade of blue in the late 90s/00s. They probably thought it was "tougher" than the flag blue. Not sure about the red.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm a fan of all of these...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As long as the pants are Yellow, gold, silver, or some other light color, I think it's an enjoyable little quirk, in small doses. Those Charger and Breaker uniforms especially are two of my favorites.

Always fun to see Air Force in that look.

I mentioned earlier that growing up we would go to San Diego to visit my grandparents. One of the bonuses was that I got to see West Coast college football. Before most people had ESPN, if you lived East of the Mississippi, the only time you could see UCLA, Air Force, BYU, Oregon, USC was when they played a Big Ten or SEC team or Notre Dame and then always in their white jerseys,

If you travelled to the West Coast, it really was like stepping into a completely different sports world.

27 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Wow. I wish Samuel the best in fatherhood, but why would the 49ers make a hype video for this?

Because it’s the offseason? Because their free-agency moves haven’t been all that flashy and they need attention? To congratulate a team member on an incredible milestone in his life?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Because it’s the offseason? Because their free-agency moves haven’t been all that flashy and they need attention? To congratulate a team member on an incredible milestone in his life?

I doubt that second one. My first thought before I saw that video was that the throwbacks were being promoted.

Hoping that when Barkley is introduced, we get a 2024 jersey with the new wordmark.  if it's an old wordmark, not how to tell if it's leftover stock or if they simply didn't update the '24s.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."