2024 NFL Changes

4 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

There are certainly blue (or blue-tinted) conifers. (Though to be fair, that's a spruce, not a pine, and we're nothing if not pedantic here at CCSLC.) But I take @BBTV's point: in the context of color, "pine" certainly makes me think of dark green before any other color, including the bluer green that Philadelphia currently uses.

Pine has some blue in it. Pine Green is between teal/cyan and green. Teal is just dark cyan which is a good name to call cyan since cyan is lighter than teal itself and has close to neon properties than teal.

Pine is between teal and green and the Eagles during the Rebook era had pine green type jerseys thanks to the fabric that Rebook used.

Pine Green color hex code is #01796F (color-name.com)

THE Red is 1, Green is 121, and Blue is 111. IF I USE VALUES OF 8, then it would be R 0, G 120, and B 112.

Pine Green DOES HAVE BLUE IN IT. This link is evidence here. And there is a dark shade of pine green

Dark Pine Green color hex code is #193232 (color-name.com) It's a teal color, but saturated. So, there.

Midnight Green is close to that and also, Peacock Blue is a dark teal color just like Pine Green, Midnight Green, etc.

Shades of cyan - Wikipedia when you scroll down on Wikipedia in the end where it says Shades of Cyan, Pine Green is listed there.

4 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

There are certainly blue (or blue-tinted) conifers. (Though to be fair, that's a spruce, not a pine, and we're nothing if not pedantic here at CCSLC.) But I take @BBTV's point: in the context of color, "pine" certainly makes me think of dark green before any other color, including the bluer green that Philadelphia currently uses.

Right. 

The proper term for the Eagles’ primary shade (well, aside from the excessive white that they keep throwing at us) is dark teal. It actually contains more blue than green. If that shade had been developed for almost any other team, it would’ve been called some type of teal. But the Eagles have long been associated with shades of green, so the developers probably felt they had to include “green” in the color name to continue the tradition. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Right. 

The proper term for the Eagles’ primary shade (well, aside from the excessive white that they keep throwing at us) is dark teal. It actually contains more blue than green. If that shade had been developed for almost any other team, it would’ve been called some type of teal. But the Eagles have long been associated with shades of green, so the developers probably felt they had to include “green” in the color name to continue the tradition. 

Makes lots of sense. They did do that. I always wondered what dark teal and athletic gold would look like together.

4 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Makes lots of sense. They did do that. I always wondered what dark teal and athletic gold would look like together.

Well, if we ever get a resurgence of the Steagles, we may find out!

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

445418912_994972171999640_62890912608345445465037_994972225332968_72467308693799

I was worried the new Texans navy was legitimately black based off some other photos. That can be put to rest...

On the list of things I hate about the current state of uniform design (along with the stubborn insistence on monochrome and the pointless sublimated patterns), I really hate the shiny additions to things like the numbers, shoulders, etc.  Besides it being distracting and unattractive, what’s really weird about it is that, while without a doubt it must be more expensive to make than plain cloth twill numbers, it looks immensely cheaper.  The numbers on this alt, and the fruit roll up numbers the Rams use, look like low rent glitz, like when someone tries to trick out an extremely average car with racing stripes and spoilers. 

There have probably been worse uniforms in NFL history (Washington, Tennessee) but I don’t think there’s ever been a less “NFL looking” NFL uniform than this new Texans alternative.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

On the list of things I hate about the current state of uniform design (along with the stubborn insistence on monochrome and the pointless sublimated patterns), I really hate the shiny additions to things like the numbers, shoulders, etc.  Besides it being distracting and unattractive, what’s really weird about it is that, while without a doubt it must be more expensive to make than plain cloth twill numbers, it looks immensely cheaper.  The numbers on this alt, and the fruit roll up numbers the Rams use, look like low rent glitz, like when someone tries to trick out an extremely average car with racing stripes and spoilers. 

There have probably been worse uniforms in NFL history (Washington, Tennessee) but I don’t think there’s ever been a less “NFL looking” NFL uniform than this new Texans alternative.  

I 100% agree. The sewn-on tackle twill numbers were the singular thing that once set an authentic jersey apart from replicas. As a kid in the '90s, I was happy to fork over $100 at the time for the real deal, knowing the jersey would include the texture of sewn-on numbers. It was the only reason I wanted it. 

I'd guess that, in the evolution of jerseys and uniform construction, that fabric weights became a bigger part of the equation. That led to the push for lighter and lighter fabrics and eventually these plastic-looking decal-type numbers.  I also wouldn't be surprised if, seeing that they look worse than the old-school numbers, the trend began to adorn them in glossy or sublimated patterns. 

The maddening thing about this evolution is that an authentic jersey, now probably lighter and cheaper to make than they have ever been, now retail for around $350+. 

(Cue the old man yelling at clouds.)

• Like 8

On 6/1/2024 at 7:05 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Because 'pitch' is an actual thing that is black.

Most people understand pitch black to simply mean extremely dark. Pitch blue is a clever name to me, though one might find it a waste of time to make a blue so dark it's nearly indistinguishable from black anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I 100% agree. The sewn-on tackle twill numbers were the singular thing that once set an authentic jersey apart from replicas. As a kid in the '90s, I was happy to fork over $100 at the time for the real deal, knowing the jersey would include the texture of sewn-on numbers. It was the only reason I wanted it. 

Perfectly stated. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Fake perferated Fauxferated numbers are better than whatever the hell Rams and Texans decided to use on their numbers

spacer.png

True.  But it’s also true that cat poop is easier to deal with than dog poop. Doesn’t mean I’m happy to be dealing with either one. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I’m weird, I know, but I’ve never had a big problem with the Rams’ fruit roll-up numbers. I still consider the 1980s-90s the best they’ve looked, by far, in my lifetime, but the shiny numbers work decently well with the bright shade of yellow they wear, in my opinion. I sort of like the gradient numbers on the blue jersey, too, although I’m glad they aren’t on the other jerseys in this set. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Most people understand pitch black to simply mean extremely dark. Pitch blue is a clever name to me, though one might find it a waste of time to make a blue so dark it's nearly indistinguishable from black anyway.

If that's the case, most people are wrong. Not knowing what a word means doesn't excuse its misuse. That point is mute [sic].

I completely agree with your second sentence. 

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

If that's the case, most people are wrong. Not knowing what a word means doesn't excuse its misuse. That point is mute [sic].

I completely agree with your second sentence. 

So we agree that "pitch blue" is clever. 😁

For the record, extremely dark IS in fact a meaning of the word. But again, I get not liking the use here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damnyoutuesday said:

According to the mothership, Vikings winter whiteout will be unveiled on Friday

🙄 
Although if this were a trade, I’d gladly take one week of 🥶 ❄️ if it meant the end of white socks with purple jerseys. 

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

For the record, extremely dark IS in fact a meaning of the word. But again, I get not liking the use here.

True. However, I believe it only means dark because of its use to describe the black, tar-like substance used in waterproofing, etc. While language is ever-evolving and there is no "improper use" where meaning is conveyed successfully, and while using "pitch" comparatively to describe any very dark version of a color vs. a lighter shade can make sense, I can understand why people would associate pitch exclusively with black and find other terms to qualify other darker colors.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Fake perferated Fauxferated numbers are better than whatever the hell Rams and Texans decided to use on their numbers

spacer.png

Oh, the apple red garbage. red jerseys, red pants, and white helmets. I guess this is their norm now. Welp, the Cardinals dived right into monochrome madness.