2024 NFL Changes

4 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

Don’t know if it was explained earlier but how can the Jets have 3 different helmets?

the NFL changed their rules to allow teams to have 3 helmets starting this season.

• Like 1

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

44 minutes ago, BBTV said:

This is a wrong post. It would be 19. The incorrect math while calling out someone else’s incorrect math cancels out the original incorrectness, therefore we’re at 18. 

(Hoping my drunk math is right)

Fair enough. 

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

As I stated, I was only talking about the helmets, which they did wear in the '60s, so I was correct.  I even acknowledged that the jersey was from later years.

I went back and analyzed the 39,700 posts of mine that are still viewable here.  I'm sure there were a bunch that were lost during upgrades over the years.

Of those 39,700, 71 (or 0.179%) have been wrong.  Of those 71, 19 were "MOD EDIT"ed, which typically means that the person was correct, just profane (or quoted a profane post.). Therefore, we're down to 51 incorrect, or more importantly, 19 more correct ones, for an increase in correctness of 27%.  If we extrapolate that out, that brings us to 50,419 correct posts.

Of the 51 that were still incorrect, 34 of them were in the wrestling thread, which doesn't even count.  So that takes us from 51 incorrect to 17 incorrect, which again, represents a total of an additional 33% correct, which can logically be extrapolated out to bring the new total to 67,051 correct posts. 

Now if you take the 17 that were legitimately incorrect, and divide by the total correct, we're now at an incorrect percentage of 0.025%, or a success rate of 99.975%.

If you can find another member with 39,700 posts, of which 67,051 were correct, then I'll tip my cap to you and be on my way.  Even Draft Kings won't take bets on the correctness of my posts.

The numbers don't lie.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Don’t know if anyone has noticed this but lots of Seahawks players have been wearing a patch on their jerseys in practice (no not the Amazon one). It’s hard to tell what the design is but it does say Seattle Seahawks on it. Wonder if this will be worn in games or only in practice.

26 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Don’t know if anyone has noticed this but lots of Seahawks players have been wearing a patch on their jerseys in practice (no not the Amazon one). It’s hard to tell what the design is but it does say Seattle Seahawks on it. Wonder if this will be worn in games or only in practice.

seattle seahawks roundel with a hammer & fist inside of it 

• LOL 1

Guess I'm the only one who still hates the Texans new uniforms. 

Darkening the navy and adding more of it was a complete blunder. The numbers are significantly worse in navy with red trim and that new font. 

Maybe I'll come around on them later, but right now I still can't stand them.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, csura999 said:

[img]https://imgur.com/b0GnbZn[/img]

Red socks really go a long ways in to adding some life and color to the Texan's road uniforms.

The problem is that the red socks now stand out too much to me since there aren't red numbers to balance them out. The Texans really :censored: everything up with the numbers imo.

• Like 6

Just now, ruttep said:

Embedded for you:

spacer.png

The problem is that the red socks now stand out too much to me since there aren't red numbers to balance them out. The Texans really :censored: everything up with the numbers imo.

Just now, ruttep said:

Embedded for you:

spacer.png

Thank you! How do you embed on this site now?

2 minutes ago, csura999 said:

Thank you! How do you embed on this site now?

I went to Imgur, right clicked the image, copied the image address, and pasted it into the "Insert image from URL" box. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

I went to Imgur, right clicked the image, copied the image address, and pasted it into the "Insert image from URL" box. 

Thank you! I went back and embedded it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

I'm not surprised that people are finally coming around to the Texans' new look now that it's seen the field. It'll happen with Denver's new uniforms as well.

I will not be coming around to the Texans' new uniforms. They're not necessarily bad uniforms, but everything about them is worse than what they replaced. The numbers still suck, the navy is too dark, and the minimizing of red makes them boring.

And Denver is a case of death by a thousand cuts. Or in their case, death by 5,286 triangles.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

spacer.png