24-25 NBA changes

DJT

31 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I thought that at first, but the overly-extended one looks better on TV, as the thinner one was nearly invisible.

I get the 3D-glasses effect feeling from it as it had been described before already, but it also doesn't look good so exaggerated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Davey said:

Not that I'm trying to read into too much but, lately the Raptors social media have been using more of red and purple ( announcements of signings, etc, etc ).

Could this be  a sign for a new colour scheme if, new uniforms are in the new future?

If anything, this means that Kendrick might have also destroyed the black-and-gold Raptors.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

Seems Amica is about to be announced as the new jersey sponsor of the Celtics

TX9oCC4.jpeg

I’ll definitely take it over the giant VISTA PRINT ad

2 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

I’ll definitely take it over the giant VISTA PRINT ad

I don't think so, I thought it was nice that Vistaprint would redesign their logo for some of the jerseys to fit the aesthetic a little more. About as much as you can hope for in this current advertiser landscape. Vistaprint's overall small-business campaign was also kind of nice, I thought it was fun to see the Ethopian food place in JP or some barber shop in Revere get shoutouts as part of big national games. One time I went to a shop to buy wine and walked out with an armful of free Celtics merch because they were a Vistaprint client and got highlighted in some ad campaign or another.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

23 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

Guessing that the clippers can be ruled out just based on it being year 1 in the new set and new arena.

5 years ago for the 2019-20 season, the teams with classic editions were Warriors, Sixers, Pacers, Magic, Hornets, Clippers, Rockets, Raptors, Grizzlies, Blazers, Kings, Cavaliers, and Jazz

Lakers celebrated some anniversary in 2020-21, and 2022-23, I also remember Mavs doing one in 2020-21, so I'm not sure if they'll do one this year. Based on the overlap between your list and the list from 5 years ago, I'm gonna guess its 4 out of Grizzlies, Cavs, Blazers, Kings, and Raptors

@Conrad. Are you able to hint at if any of those 5 guesses are correct?

Something weird is that supposedly the Pelicans are changing the main 2 uniforma but both Dejounte Murray and the 2 draft picks were presented with the current home and away unis, not the statement one. Maybe they push the rebrand to 2025 or reconsider it due to the success of the Skelican colors and rebran to that schema later?

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 10:21 PM, Davey said:

Not that I'm trying to read into too much but, lately the Raptors social media have been using more of red and purple ( announcements of signings, etc, etc ).

Could this be  a sign for a new colour scheme if, new uniforms are in the new future?

My guess is we just get another purple city/statement jersey. MLSE seems content with the red/black/white "Canada's team" look as the primary brand, the black & gold as the secondary brand, and the occasional purple throwback/fauxback look. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jsmoove said:

Other versions that were considered for the new nets logo

Maybe it'd be too much on the nose, but I think I prefer some of the unused ones with the actual netting in the logo (top right looks the best IMO) than the final version. Could be used as the basis for netting side-striping on the jerseys like they used to have in NJ, which I think would look nice with the black-and-white colour scheme. The final version's still not bad but really just looks like a cursive wordmark and nothing more.

• Like 3

spacer.pngspacer.png