2024 Arena League uniforms

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm watching this livestream, where the TAL's KC Goats are holding their regular season finale against the Ozarks Lunkers outdoors (yes, an indoor football game is being held outdoors.  Oh, the irony...fittingly, they're calling this the Inside Out series....though the commentators mentioned their home arena's being renovated, so their postseason games are also being held at the high school)...really wish the Goats had sprung for outlined numbers, because what they're using-solid powder blue on gray-is basically illegible.  In this case, they have a logo for this game...and the goal lines are the regular high school field's 25 YLs.  

452258679_373417775784087_63320634963804

In related news, the TAL announced two expansion teams for 2025, the Eau Claire Jammers and Hot Springs Wiseguys.  Heh, the Mustangs they are not, but let's go Jammers 🤟

Switched over to Iowa-Duluth just now, somehow despite the floral pattern of the Woo's uniforms, their jerseys are somehow infinitely more legible than the Goats.  

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 7/27/2024 at 8:18 PM, Discrim said:

So I'm watching this livestream, where the TAL's KC Goats are holding their regular season finale against the Ozarks Lunkers outdoors (yes, an indoor football game is being held outdoors.  Oh, the irony...fittingly, they're calling this the Inside Out series....though the commentators mentioned their home arena's being renovated, so their postseason games are also being held at the high school)...really wish the Goats had sprung for outlined numbers, because what they're using-solid powder blue on gray-is basically illegible.  In this case, they have a logo for this game...and the goal lines are the regular high school field's 25 YLs.  

452258679_373417775784087_63320634963804

In related news, the TAL announced two expansion teams for 2025, the Eau Claire Jammers and Hot Springs Wiseguys.  Heh, the Mustangs they are not, but let's go Jammers 🤟

Switched over to Iowa-Duluth just now, somehow despite the floral pattern of the Woo's uniforms, their jerseys are somehow infinitely more legible than the Goats.  

Erie Explosion already played an outdoor game in 2012 at a local high school as well. And Spokane Shock did I believe as well. Not unusual. The KC issue apparently is some surprise renovations/repairs that were needed and came out of nowhere for the venue.

28 minutes ago, Blast_Brothers said:

I feel like if your team name is "Wise Guys" then you can't get away with having only one Wise Guy on the logo. Throw a couple more jabronis on there.

If you truly believed that, then the same rule would apply just about every sports team in North America.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, McCall said:

If you truly believed that, then the same rule would apply just about every sports team in North America.

"Wise Guys" strikes me as uniquely plural for some reason. I can't really defend this viewpoint - "wise guy" is a common insult - but it came to mind immediately when I saw the name and logo, so I stand by it.

On 8/1/2024 at 6:01 AM, Blast_Brothers said:

"Wise Guys" strikes me as uniquely plural for some reason. I can't really defend this viewpoint - "wise guy" is a common insult - but it came to mind immediately when I saw the name and logo, so I stand by it.

I agree, but I think it's specifically because of the Three Stooges connection referenced by CaliforniaGlowing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve always loved the classic look of the Orlando Predators, so I was really curious to see how they’d update their uniforms this season. The new design is sleek, but I can’t help but miss some of the older, more distinct styles. Standardizing the number font across the league feels like it’s taking away a bit of each team’s identity. I get the idea of consistency, but personally, I’d rather see more variety. Anyone else feel the same, or is it just me being nostalgic?

5 hours ago, Witiontis said:

I’ve always loved the classic look of the Orlando Predators, so I was really curious to see how they’d update their uniforms this season. The new design is sleek, but I can’t help but miss some of the older, more distinct styles. Standardizing the number font across the league feels like it’s taking away a bit of each team’s identity. I get the idea of consistency, but personally, I’d rather see more variety. Anyone else feel the same, or is it just me being nostalgic?

I think this year it was more about getting uniforms out the door when dealing with numbers. I think going back to the cutup numbers should be the move for next season.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png