2024 Arena League uniforms

W1y4QRg.jpeg

Ru0B639.jpeg

The Orlando Predators and Philadelphia Soul have released their home uniforms. Looks like all AFL teams will be using a standard number font based on other leaked jerseys that have been seen on multiple social platforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

I have always wanted to see an Arena League game.  Yeah it may be absolutely silly but also a lot of fun too

They're fun and a lot of action, guys either slamming into the boards, scoring, sometimes both. I went to a few back when Utah had a team

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Looks like all AFL teams will be using a standard number font based on other leaked jerseys that have been seen on multiple social platforms.

Can confirm. My company is doing the uniforms. That Soul uniform uses the template I designed, and I think some of the other teams will be using my designs as well. Looking forward to more unveils.

Also a small note about Philly, the numbers won't be that "chunky" on the game uniforms. They took those promo photos before we gave them corrected numbers.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 4

4 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Also a small note about Philly, the numbers won't be that "chunky" on the game uniforms. They took those promo photos before we gave them corrected numbers.

I was hoping to hear this! I know Orlando fans want their slash through numbers as well. Not sure if that happens this year, or they wait until next year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The only thing that this has over the UFL 1.0 is that the teams at least have their own colors and not all variations of gray/blue/neon green.

VmWIn6B.png

The Rapid City Marshals' new helmets are very clearly not here, as that is just an image dragged onto a photo of a blank helmet.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Overall, these uniforms range from "not bad" to "pretty good." But they are also clearly a couple of rungs below what we would classify as "professional" in American football. The use of the same serif block font for team names and locations on every jersey is the stuff of, say, a better-off high school program, not FBS or the pros. I feel like I'm looking at a supplier catalog as I scroll through.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wow.  Just wow.

I looked at the first picture in this thread and said, "Those look like the super cheap China-made sublimated uniforms from BSN SPORTS."

Then I scrolled down to the 2nd photo to see the BSN logo on the hip of the pants.

*facepalm*

These are junk and it shows.  Whoever designed them - either at BSN or with the Arena League - shouldn't be designing Pop Warner uniforms.  

Amazes me how certain people get put in charge of these tasks.  Just astounding.

On 4/3/2024 at 9:52 PM, tohasbo said:

I have always wanted to see an Arena League game.  Yeah it may be absolutely silly but also a lot of fun too

Arena Football is the only minor football league that ever grasped my attention. The high scoring aspect is entertaining and it feels like a different product than the NFL, unlike the NFL wannabe UFL, AAF, and XFL . In the late 2000s there was also a very strong brand. Saturday games were broadcast on ESPN. Not sure what really was responsible for their downfall.

I just moved to Prescott (pronounced "Preskit"), Arizona over last weekend. I will try to get to some NAZ Wranglers (IFL) games if I can. Last Arena game I've been to was the very first Dallas Texans game at Reunion Arena back in '90.

On 4/4/2024 at 7:44 AM, Conrad. said:

Can confirm. My company is doing the uniforms. That Soul uniform uses the template I designed, and I think some of the other teams will be using my designs as well. Looking forward to more unveils.

It’s the number font and treatment that are a big turn-off for me. That “bubble” effect where the outline is rounded on a “sharp” font just reminds me too much of the concepts forum, where someone is using Photoshop for the first time. While the Vikings used it on their jerseys for several years, it just looks unprofessional to me. Sorry!

• Like 1

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg