2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

Seahawks are wearing white. Odd choice for that graphic.

Lions Chiefs looks like what I wanted opening night last season. That Detroit combo is gorgeous, even without the stripes on the pants.

Giants Texans looks nice too, a matchup that was skipped over due to Houston wearing white at home in 2018. Their collar is a bit weird in the front, but the new home uniform looks solid from the back. The red names are great..

Commanders Dolphins looks about as good as it can. Awesome color matchup. Looks a lot better than their meeting last season with both teams in leggings.

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Good day for contrasting socks around the league. 

usa_today_24018948.jpgusa_today_24020187.jpg2166458347.jpgusa_today_24020787.jpgusa_today_24020292.jpg

Some good-looking games here. 

Preseason uniform decisions are often far more intelligent than regular season ones (see: Saints, New Orleans). Let's see if it carries over into the regular season this time around.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

Lions Chiefs looks like what I wanted opening night last season to look like. That Detroit combo is gorgeous, even without the stripes on the pants.

Gianrs Texans looks nice too, another matchup that was skipped over due to Houston wearing white at home in 2018. The collar is a bit weird in the front, but the home uniform looks great from the back. The red names are great.

Commanders Dolphins looks as good as it can. Awesome color matchup. Looks a lot better than their meeting last season with both teams in leggings.

Jets green jerseys look a little dark. Not sure if it’s raining or something. I saw them at Fanatics Fest today and they looked a bit lighter.

Red names was definitely a good choice to add some color back into that jersey

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Lions Chiefs looks like what I wanted opening night last season to look like. That Detroit combo is gorgeous, even without the stripes on the pants.

Gianrs Texans looks nice too, another matchup that was skipped over due to Houston wearing white at home in 2018. The collar is a bit weird in the front, but the home uniform looks great from the back. The red names are great.

Commanders Dolphins looks as good as it can. Awesome color matchup. Looks a lot better than their meeting last season with both teams in leggings.

I would have liked Giants vs Texans if Houston was in their previous design. We could get the Lions vs Chiefs again in 2025 if they finish in the same place.

Other uniform matchups today I thought were good are Cowboys vs Raiders, Jets vs Panthers, and Vikings vs Browns. I liked Buccaneers vs Jaguars, but Jacksonville's white socks ruined the uniform matchup from being better.

51 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I would have liked Giants vs Texans if Houston was in their previous design.

Closest you'll get to that is the 2010 matchup when the Giants still had gray pants

spacer.png

Preseason Week 3 (Part 2)
Rams at Texans
iJl3JED.jpgIQBKTG9.jpg
Vikings at Eagles
dp7TcST.jpgQnNpMQO.jpg
Chargers at Cowboys
cVmKJFW.jpgkIlzuIN.jpg
Giants at Jets
8XDMOQm.jpgIz1TRgw.jpg
Browns at Seahawks
Um1aTUs.jpg SXXxtm7.jpg
Titans at Saints
ivVRGQK.jpgZK3IntB.jpg
Cardinals at Broncos
LpK1rOH.jpg4k89m2M.jpg
Patriots at Commanders
P1tX2JH.jpgEMfb4X5.jpg

Bronks just took the field in their orange pants...with white stockings.

Orange-on-orange fears averted...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't necessarily like these Broncos uniforms more than the previous ones, but the color blocking is way better in my opinion. 

The orange pants really pop. I think they could pull off the navy over orange as the home uniform, white over orange as the road, and orange over white as the alternate if they wanted to.

Also, we've got the Saints wasting their gold pants on a preseason game yet again.

• Like 4

Unless they pull some trickery and wear it with the black and orange jerseys there's only one game with the white helmet scheduled right now, which is exactly how it should be. 

• Like 7

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 8/16/2024 at 8:55 PM, SportsFan12 said:

I say no way the orange goes on the shelf after opening day. Plus the white Bengal is being worn in the middle of the season as opposed to the beginning. I think they’ll probably wear orange against Pittsburgh Thanksgiving weekend like they have done twice in the past three years.

I called this the other day. So predictable and lazy.

2 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

I called this the other day. So predictable and lazy.

Do we chalk this up as another one of those things where a team likes wearing a alternate/throwback against a division rival? Steelers at Bengals and Commanders at Giants has become a pattern now.

Will the Rams wear bone against at Arizona again?

6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Do we chalk this up as another one of those things where a team likes wearing a alternate/throwback against a division rival? Steelers at Bengals and Commanders at Giants has become a pattern now.

Will the Rams wear bone against at Arizona again?

Seems like it. I’ll never understand the reasoning behind most of these. Bengals lost in orange to Pittsburgh last year. At least with the 49ers white throwback against Seattle thing, it started with a division-clinching victory and they always dominate Seattle when they wear them.

Maybe most of these teams have gone on win streaks in these matchups? I don’t feel like looking that up. Another one that comes to mind is Eagles black vs. Giants.

I think the Eagles liking to wear black against the Giants is well known. If you were to go through all cases of these things, it will probably be a lot to count.

Until recently, it seemed the Dolphins liked wearing the throwbacks, either the aqua or white one, against the Patriots. I guess that isn't so anymore. I looked at the home game themes. Miami will do the all white out against New England. They'll probably stop WAH after that.

On 8/19/2024 at 8:59 PM, SportsFan12 said:

Eagles black vs. Giants

This one frustrates me.  I'm not going to go back through the records, but since they started doing it in 2014, I can't imagine the Giants have won much because other than the year Chip Kelly was in charge, the Giants have been a dummy team while the Eagles have been a good and smart  one (BS Covid year featuring sissy-weak-ass Crybaby POS Carson Wentz year excepted).

But it's one of the NFL's classic rivalry games - the round-robin of NFCE rivalries (Eagles-Giants, Eagles-Cowboys, Giants-Cowboys).  I actually miss when the Giants were relevant and when the Cowboys were a legitimate contender, simply because the rivalries mean so much less now.

But still - classic rivalries that go back nearly a century (or half a century-ish in the Cowboys case) shouldn't be the time for alternate uniforms unless they're throwbacks.  

An Eagles-Giants game should look like an Eagles-Giants game, not a Western-South-Florida-East-Central State A&M Christian University vs the New York Giants game (though the WSFECSAMCU 316ers would likely be two-touchdown favorites over the Giants.)

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Carolina's blue jersey is finally being worn at home for the first time since 2019, as ridiculous as that sounds. This is probably only because none of their opponents are wearing white at home. Carolina hasn't worn black vs. the Giants since 2006, so I'm a bit disappointed by that decision, but the Falcons on the other hand are a great opponent. Looks like they'll wear the black helmet against a different team for the first time.

Tampa Bay is finally not wearing white at home vs. the Panthers. Last time Carolina wore white at Tampa Bay was 2018. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

Carolina's blue jersey is finally being worn at home for the first time since 2019, as ridiculous as that sounds. This is probably only because none of their opponents are wearing white at home. Carolina hasn't worn black vs. the Giants since 2006, so I'm a bit disappointed by that decision, but the Falcons on the other hand are a great opponent. Looks like they'll wear the black helmet against a different team for the first time.

Tampa Bay is finally not wearing white at home vs. the Panthers. Last time Carolina wore white at Tampa Bay was 2018. 

What is it with Carolina and their seeming disfavor with their black jerseys in recent years??

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

The Panthers wore blue against Chicago in 2020. The 2019 road game against the Bucs was in London, right?

I'm glad they are doing the gimmick against Dallas again. Last time Carolina beat the Cowboys was in 2018 when they wore white jerseys/uniform against them.  Agreed about the Giants. We've been robbed of a good uniform matchup. I would have liked the uniform matchup more now that the Giants have white pants.