2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

When the Patriots put out their schedule release video, it featured the Pat Patriot logo with the Rams game. Outside of last season, they've worn the red for one game against a divisional opponent and one against an NFC opponent. I'm going to guess that's Week 5 vs Miami and Week 11 against the Rams this season. Based on prior history, I think we also see the grey pants against the Jets in Week 8. Wouldn't be surprising to see grey pants against Miami and red throwbacks against the Jets, either. 

Solid choices here. The last two seasons it was black against the Bengals in prime time. Glad they are switching things up and adding some much-needed purple to that matchup. I also don't mind black vs. Buffalo since that hasn't happened in a very long time. Hopefully the Bills wear blue pants or at least blue socks for that one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

Solid choices here. The last two seasons it was black against the Bengals in prime time. Glad they are switching things up and adding some much-needed purple to that matchup. I also don't mind black vs. Buffalo since that hasn't happened in a very long time. Hopefully the Bills wear blue pants or at least blue socks for that one.

Forgot about the Raven's purple set. I know there was some back and forth on these boards about them, but wowzers, I dig em. 

7 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Chargers appear to be phasing out the royal blue. Wish they could then wear navy more than once and against not the same team as last year. One of the least exciting uniform schedules ever. Do we really need nine powder blue games?

Honestly, I don't think there's any point in doing these if/when a team doesn't mix it up. LAC was doing that when they did WAH.

One of the powder blue games is on the road, at Carolina. I wish the schedule makers scheduled this game later in the year. The yellow pants with the white jersey would have been good worn against the Panthers' black jersey.

If the Chargers with wear white pants with the powder blue jersey and the Bucs pair the pewter pants with their white jersey, the uniform matchup will be better than the 2020 meeting.

I hope we haven't seen the end of the royal blue uniform. I don't if it is on hiatus or if it has anything to do with the new regime.

• Like 1

Quick recap of the last posts regarding the Ravens and Chargers:

Not too much surprises outside of, to a small extent, the all-purple CR vs Cincy in Week 10. I thought they'd wear it for a regular afternoon game at the very least, if not, a late afternoon game like the one in Week 13 vs the Eagles. But as @SportsFan12 said, Ravens-Bengals now gets some purple back into the mix at M&T, which hasn't been seen since that 2021 game.

And I do agree with @gothedistance on the Chargers terrible decision to wear navy vs the Ravens AGAIN. Could have been a perfect opportunity to try on powder blue with the white or yellow pants vs Baltimore, but alas, that wasn't the case. And I'm almost positive the Ravens won't wear purple pants again to that game either, so I'm expecting the uniform matchup to be a dud now.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

11 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Chargers appear to be phasing out the royal blue. Wish they could then wear navy more than once and against not the same team as last year. One of the least exciting uniform schedules ever. Do we really need nine powder blue games?

The Chargers new uniforms are by far the best set (or at least one of) in the NFL. I'm glad they are choosing to phase the Royal Blue CR out in place of Navy. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a Navy helmet next year to match the set. 

16 minutes ago, 1stAndPhoremost said:

Eagles just announced a first-time ever uni combo for Week 1spacer.png

You're kidding. Why can't they ever wear the midnight green against the Packers? This looks so dumb. And it appears the Packers are allowed to wear green:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1stAndPhoremost said:

Eagles just announced a first-time ever uni combo for Week 1spacer.png

So, they can only wear the black helmet with this combo correct? Meaning the MG helmet cannot be paired with the white jersey and black pants? Or because the black helmet is an alt that is paired with black elements, can it only be worn if they wear black elements?

20 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

So, they can only wear the black helmet with this combo correct? Meaning the MG helmet cannot be paired with the white jersey and black pants? Or because the black helmet is an alt that is paired with black elements, can it only be worn if they wear black elements?

I knew this would happen...the NFL will soon look like the U. of Oregon. Once one team starts mixing up alt helmets with regular jerseys:

709cc9029779ba0e756e8421bd76bc9f.jpg

32 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I thought teams that changed their uniforms could have 2 alt helmets.  I guess the Eagles changing the wordmark counts as a rebrand.

I'm almost positive this is just a rule bend due to the no green situation in Brazil, yet that contradicts with Green Bay wearing... green.  I wouldn't look to far into it. Plus when has the NFL known to be strict on uniform "rules". 

• Like 1

The idea of this "green ban" in Brazil is funny to me. 

Simply put, the stadium they are playing is home to Sao Paulo FC, one of the biggest clubs in Brazil. And they have a long-standing rivalry with Palmeiras, a team whos colors are green & white. Wikipedia link to Choque-Rei (the rivalry)

Both teams are based in Sao Paulo, and the tension is very high. I'm not from there, never been, but my understanding is that club allegiance within the city (not just specific to Sao Paulo, Brazil, or even South America) is just different from American fandom.

Now the league's decision to put two of the three green teams in that game is an odd choice, but I think it's a bit overblown. The NFL is not going to let their players or staff be harmed, which seems to be the #1 cause for concern from the masses.

Now, American fans unknowing of such tension, walking around the wrong part of the city in green, maybe concern there. But the Packers aren't breaking any rules by wearing a green uniform.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The Eagles already announced two dates for their throwback uniforms, so this should be it for their alternate uniforms for the year. They probably just "designated" black-white-black-white as their alternate for the season and the NFL was cool with it. 

Possibly, but I wouldn't exactly be shocked to see them wear black for the Giants game in Week 18. They may have gotten an exemption for this unique Friday international game.

Falcons posted their schedule. Throwback dates have been known, and no white at home or anything, so the only thing worth noting is that it will be white at Tampa Bay in the Creamsicles.

Last year the Falcons oddly wore black for that Titans Oilers throwback game. I was worried they would do the same this year but thankfully not.