2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

23 hours ago, Colin56 said:

The idea that alternate helmets can only be worn with alternate uniforms is bizarre to me. You got teams like the Jags and Broncos introducing new white helmets but they are forced to pair them with a dark alternate instead of their standard white jersey, which would make more sense. But the Panthers have paired their black helmet with their standard black jersey, which doesn't make sense. The Eagles also went black helmets over standard white this year, but that seemed like a special circumstance.

The Bengals wear their white helmet with their normal white jerseys, but only because the White jersey/pant/socks is how they wear it. The Bengals can wear white j/p but if they pair it with black socks its a no go. 

This is where the socks issue comes to play, because if ALL the teams were consistent about what is worn with what, then maybe Denver would/could wear the white alt helmet with their white jersey, so long as they wear white pants and socks. Or the Saints could wear the black helmet IF they wear all black from head to toe. Forcing the uniforms to have a SPECIFIC conditions would avoid the issues of "why is Denver wearing the white helmet with blue jerseys?" or the Jags white helmet conundrum. 

15 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

The Panthers have had these helmets since 2022. Here's a list of all the teams they've worn them against:

1. Atlanta Falcons

God forbid you switch it up and pick a team that doesn't also use black as a primary color.

Someone posted a note from the GUD showing the Panthers wearing this helmet with the blue jersey and I didn’t believe it because they’ve only ever worn it with their black jersey and pants. But it looks like it may be true. This lines up with their uniform schedule they released:

spacer.png

This will be a never before seen combo for them. If I had to guess, probably with black pants (and hopefully blue socks).

Considering Atlanta will likely be in all white, it might be a decent looking game as far as contrast goes.

If the Saints aren't going to fix their Gold to match their Color Rush and Throwback uniforms, they should at least scrap the Black debacles.  With the new rules, they could add a Throwback Gold helmet for the Home Throwbacks and an Alt White helmet for the Color Rush.

These are them:

NewOrleansSaintsRiddellSpeedReplicaHelme

bfVtVAk.png

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

The Bengals wear their white helmet with their normal white jerseys, but only because the White jersey/pant/socks is how they wear it. The Bengals can wear white j/p but if they pair it with black socks its a no go. 

This is where the socks issue comes to play, because if ALL the teams were consistent about what is worn with what, then maybe Denver would/could wear the white alt helmet with their white jersey, so long as they wear white pants and socks. Or the Saints could wear the black helmet IF they wear all black from head to toe. Forcing the uniforms to have a SPECIFIC conditions would avoid the issues of "why is Denver wearing the white helmet with blue jerseys?" or the Jags white helmet conundrum. 

Why would the Bengals be allowed to wear their white away jerseys with white pants and socks along with an alternate helmet but not with black/orange pants and/or socks? That doesn't make sense.

Also, "color rush" hasn't had an official distinction in the NFL since 2017. There is no rule forcing teams to wear the same color jersey/pants/socks with any combination.

50 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Someone posted a note from the GUD showing the Panthers wearing this helmet with the blue jersey and I didn’t believe it because they’ve only ever worn it with their black jersey and pants. But it looks like it may be true. This lines up with their uniform schedule they released:

spacer.png

This will be a never before seen combo for them. If I had to guess, probably with black pants (and hopefully blue socks).

Considering Atlanta will likely be in all white, it might be a decent looking game as far as contrast goes.

Will this be the first time a team has worn an alternate helmet with an alternate jersey that is NOT color rush?

I know we've seen color rush jerseys worn with regular pants (Seahawks) but that's not the same.

As I said, we're on a slippery slope to the NFL looking like Oregon every week if this becomes the standard...I doubt even the NFL will remember its own rules!

43 minutes ago, Colin56 said:

Why would the Bengals be allowed to wear their white away jerseys with white pants and socks along with an alternate helmet but not with black/orange pants and/or socks? That doesn't make sense.

Also, "color rush" hasn't had an official distinction in the NFL since 2017. There is no rule forcing teams to wear the same color jersey/pants/socks with any combination.

Because the team requested it and it is the condition to wear the white helmets. 

https://atozsports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals-news/bengals-to-wear-white-bengal-helmet-with-primary-white-jersey/

The OG look used the old CR jerseys but they made a request and stuck with the all-white = white helmet.

37 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

Will this be the first time a team has worn an alternate helmet with an alternate jersey that is NOT color rush?

The Bears' designated Color Rush combo was all navy, but they've only ever worn their orange helmets with the orange jerseys, so I would say they count.

The Texans also wore their old red helmets with red jerseys multiple times before they ever tried it with their Color Rush set.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

25 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The Bears' designated Color Rush combo was all navy, but they've only ever worn their orange helmets with the orange jerseys, so I would say they count.

The Texans also wore their old red helmets with red jerseys multiple times before they ever tried it with their Color Rush set.

True, but in those cases the alt helmet matched the alt jersey. In the Panther's case, they introduced an alt helmet (black) which they were only supposed to wear with their primary jersey (black), but they are now wearing it with their alternate jersey (blue).

It's like if the Ravens wore their new alt helmet (purple) with their alt jerseys (black), or the Bengals wearing their alt helmet (white) with their alt jerseys (orange),

57 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

True, but in those cases the alt helmet matched the alt jersey. In the Panther's case, they introduced an alt helmet (black) which they were only supposed to wear with their primary jersey (black), but they are now wearing it with their alternate jersey (blue).

Technically, my understanding is that the Panthers officially designated their all-black combo as their "Color Rush" alternate, and thus were allowed to wear the black helmet with it. I have no idea why the Panthers were allowed to designate their all-black as an alternate but Cincinnati was not allowed to do the same for their all-white. Maybe it's because white-white-black was already their primary road look?

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

I know we've seen color rush jerseys worn with regular pants (Seahawks) but that's not the same.

As I said, we're on a slippery slope to the NFL looking like Oregon every week if this becomes the standard...I doubt even the NFL will remember its own rules!

Sure, multiple teams created alternate helmets specifically for non-color rush non-throwbacks. Bears and Texans come to mind.

12 minutes ago, Colin56 said:

Sure, multiple teams created alternate helmets specifically for non-color rush non-throwbacks. Bears and Texans come to mind.

Actually as I recall the Texans did the opposite last year pairing their red alt helmet (intended to be worn with the red alt jersey) and their all-navy color rush set from the shoulders down

5 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

4 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

It's like if the Ravens wore their new alt helmet (purple) with their alt jerseys (black), or the Bengals wearing their alt helmet (white) with their alt jerseys (orange),

Philly wore their black helmet with the white jersey and black pants in Brazil. Technically Detroit's new blue helmet/black jersey isn't a color rush since it can be paired with blue pants

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

3 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/DA7BeO1I3xz/?igsh=MXJqZ211ZXc4azV5dA==

You’re kidding me… No way this is true

I mean face it, uni snobs like us are not the majority of the NFL viewership. Most people apparently love the icy whites and the boring blacks. The players certainly do. The ones actually out there playing football. These trends are trends for a reason.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Colin56 said:

I mean face it, uni snobs like us are not the majority of the NFL viewership. Most people apparently love the icy whites and the boring blacks. The players certainly do. The ones actually out there playing football. These trends are trends for a reason.

Yeah, I hate that this is the case and trend nowadays. The NFL looks like straight garbage now compared to other sports and even CFB. Theres college teams dressing better than most NFL teams nowadays. At least with most CFB players, they don’t wear socks so the mono-sock issue isn’t as much of an issue.

As far as the Saints though, I actually think that most fans hate the black helmets.

• Like 1