2024 NFL Season Through Super Bowl LIX

47 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Jayden Daniels... man... Washington got a QB! Will he finally turn around the Commanders after years of Snyder purgatory?

Maybe. Let's just hope he's not another Robert Griffin. His frame still raises some concerns and he could be a big sack away from being out for the season.*

Spoiler

* - Partial exaggeration, of course.

3 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Maybe. Let's just hope he's not another Robert Griffin. His frame still raises some concerns and he could be a big sack away from being out for the season.*

Hide contents

* - Partial exaggeration, of course.

Good point, RG3 was on track to turn them around in 2012 til that injury and the injury set them back a dozen years

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sport said:

I wonder if the Panthers would be dumb enough to trade him for Deshaun Watson.

That would be hilarious, but I'm not willing to let the Browns off the hook that easily. They made this bed, they deserve to sleep in it for the duration of "Groper Cleveland's" contract. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd be actively rooting against my beloved Cleveland Browns, but here we are.  :censored: that team.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

This Bengals defense is a turnstile made out of swiss cheese. These guys couldn't stop a bowling ball. 

The Bengals were the first team in the super bowl era to not punt and not commit any turnovers and lose. The Commies also didn't punt or turn the ball over either because the Bengals defense is 11 cardboard cutouts. I have no idea why they thought running it back with the same stinky defense from last year was gonna work. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

I know it's early and there are only four possible records a team can have, but it feels like almost the entire league is either actually 1-2 or spiritually 1-2, with the exception of the thoroughly legitimate Chiefs and the thoroughly illegitimate Titans and Jaguars, who are somehow worse than the Panthers. Oh, and the Steelers are 3-0 with Justin Fields, and that, my friends, is why you don't "move on from Mike Tomlin."

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

I know it's early and there are only four possible records a team can have, but it feels like almost the entire league is either actually 1-2 or spiritually 1-2, with the exception of the thoroughly legitimate Chiefs and the thoroughly illegitimate Titans and Jaguars, who are somehow worse than the Panthers. Oh, and the Steelers are 3-0 with Justin Fields, and that, my friends, is why you don't "move on from Mike Tomlin."

Nevermind.

On 9/22/2024 at 5:51 PM, heavybass said:

If Dalton literally saved the Panthers then it is VERY damning on Bryce.... heck we might be seeing Ryan Leaf levels of bust.

16 hours ago, DG_YouKnowWhatThatMeans said:

I thought it would happen for Trevor Lawrence but it seems like it won't.

I'm not saying either of these takes are incorrect, but for every legitimate bust there's a Sam Darnold and Geno Smith waiting to prove everyone wrong. 

20 hours ago, DG_YouKnowWhatThatMeans said:

I thought it would happen for Trevor Lawrence but it seems like it won't.

There's a few things going on here:

1.) Dude really isn't as good as was advertised. He can make some decent throws...when he sees them...but his vision is off, and has been his entire time in the league. That plus a "gunslinger" mentality is a recipe for disaster.

2.) Press Taylor, the Jags' OC, is basically a carbon copy of Todd Downing, the OC for the at-the-time #1 overall AFC seed Snatit...only for said Snatit to get steamrolled by the Bengals in that first playoff game. Same issues abound: absolutely zero creativity, uncanny predictability, and general ineptitude at spreading the ball around. Of course, he's HC Pederson's pal, which likely is the only reason he still has a job, so...

3.) I can't think of the last time the Jaguars actually had a receiving corps the rest of the league stayed up at night worrying about...not since Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell, anyway. They've got some halfway serviceable guys now, but none of them are true #1s. (Their offensive line is crap, too, which doesn't help.)

But nah...Trev ain't looking like dat dude at all. Five years and $275 M's for that...

18 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Instant classic on MNF. 

Jayden Daniels... man... Washington got a QB! Will he finally turn around the Commanders after years of Snyder purgatory?

Dude had a great game! But let's all cool the jets for a bit. It's the third game of a seventeen-game season. Toward the tail end of last season plenty of people were hot on Will Levis as a starter, too, and well...look what happened there. That said, for Washington's sake, they better hope he's the guy...and put some more weapons around him. (They have one; I'm saying, they need more.)

5 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Bolded #1: THOROUGHLY. Like, all the way through and through fraudulent. They suck...ain't no way around it.

Bolded #2: I wouldn't ascribe Fields' success to Tomlin; he ain't calling the offensive plays. As a matter of fact, more than a couple heads were more than a little critical of Arthur Smith's* coordinating just last week. That said, I'm glad Justin Fields is getting the opportunity to show he isn't the bust many thought he'd be while in Chicago, and for his sake, I hope he continues to prove doubters wrong...even if it is in black and yellow. *Gag* Something to be said about being placed in the right environment and with an actual support system around you, yes? (See also: Willis, Malik, currently in Green Bay, who just beat the team that drafted him after casting him off due to "lack of development".)

*Smith, y'all may remember, was the OC of the Snatit who called the first four games of his lone season in Tennessee much like the aforementioned Downing, whoever's calling the plays there now, and Press Taylor did...and then morphed into Wundercoordinator behind the feats of King Henry and called his way through the remainder of that season straight into a HC gig with the Falcons. I wouldn't be the slightest bit shocked if the same thing happened up there this season in Pittsburgh.  So of course they'll go like 13-4 and win their division this season because of course they will...and of course it'll only add to Mike Tomlin's *cough* Hall-of-Fame resume *cough* according to the talking heads.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||