Milwaukee Wave New Logo

Evan

04-05WAVELOGOsmall.jpg

Wave Unveils New Logo Shield

Monday Sep 20, 2004

The Milwaukee Wave, a member of the Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) unveiled a new logo shield today as it prepares for its upcoming 21st season, which begins Saturday, October 23, 7 PM against the Chicago Storm at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, IL. Milwaukee?s home opener is slated for Friday, October 29, 7:05 PM when the Wave hosts the Storm at U.S. Cellular Arena featuring a post-game concert by the popular local group ?The Love Monkeys.?

The new Wave logo shield incorporates the current Wave logo in the middle of the shield. The current logo has been in use since the start of the 2001-02 season.

The three stars at the top of the shield represent the three championships won by the Wave (1997-98, 1999-2000, and 2000-01).

?We?ve taken an already recognizable logo and created a distinguished look,? stated Wave COO Mike Lafferty. ?Every member of our front office helped created this new look, which now has significant meaning to our re-energized organization.?

Season ticket packages, including the new VIP Elite seating packages with waiter / waitress service are on sale at the Wave / Wave United Office, 510 W. Kilbourn Ave., Suite B in downtown Milwaukee. Call 414-224-WAVE for more information, or visit www.milwaukeewave.com.

It looks cheesy to me, thats really all i got...

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

I think it's an improvement. Not too dissimilar for what they did with the Milwaukee Wave United, the A-League team they also own.

Interesting design showcase. It really shows me what I hate about the Wave logo - it doesn't flow. The word goes one way, the wave doubles back on itself. Had they kept the wave flowing left to right, it would be a really solid logo.

Way too busy, plus to be honest, I don't think that Lake Michigan really has enough waves to warrant a team being named for one.

Of course, it's not a new name in the least, seeing as the Wave have been around for 20 years...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think it's an improvement. Not too dissimilar for what they did with the Milwaukee Wave United, the A-League team they also own.

Interesting design showcase. It really shows me what I hate about the Wave logo - it doesn't flow. The word goes one way, the wave doubles back on itself. Had they kept the wave flowing left to right, it would be a really solid logo.

Yeah, it was interesting how simple the sketches they gave to the client were. The face wave had about 4 lines total with no wordmark, and they went with it and is a part of what they ended up with.

Archived