Ontario Hockey League

Cashcleaner

Hey, is it just me, or the OHL logo pretty much one of the worst league logos you've ever seen? I mean to say, it's not a crest, it's got no imagery, and doesn't even have clear lettering. Surely they could do better, especially when you consider how well some team logos in the league are (ie: London Knights, Mississauga Ice Dogs, etc).

ohl_logo_48927.gif

What do you guys think? Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Hey man, I wasn't intending to start anything with the post! L*

Would be kinda cool to see what some would come up with, though. Odd how the OHL is so weak when you compare it to the WHA, another semi-professional league on par with it.

HibsSignature.gif

Would be kinda cool to see what some would come up with, though. Odd how the OHL is so weak when you compare it to the WHA, another semi-professional league on par with it.

Um... Hold on there! :D

The OHL is part of the Canadian Hockey League, a Jr-A level "amatuer" level of hockey comprised of the Ontario Hockey League, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, and the Western Hockey League.

The WHA is a pipe-dream waste of time that won't amount to a hill of beans, and should it "compete" with a Professional league, it would probably be ECHL calibre if you're lucky. Big difference there!

But if you meant that the "O" is weaker than the "W" when it comes to skill, they're pretty close. Being a Portland Winter Hawks fan, I'm very partial to the "W". But both the "O" and the "W" are stronger than the "Q". Heck, teams over there (allegedly) coordinate trades to load up one team for the Memorial Cup. They can't even compete fairly (allegedly)! B)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Would be kinda cool to see what some would come up with, though.  Odd how the OHL is so weak when you compare it to the WHA, another semi-professional league on par with it.

Um... Hold on there! :D

The OHL is part of the Canadian Hockey League, a Jr-A level "amatuer" level of hockey comprised of the Ontario Hockey League, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, and the Western Hockey League.

The WHA is a pipe-dream waste of time that won't amount to a hill of beans, and should it "compete" with a Professional league, it would probably be ECHL calibre if you're lucky. Big difference there!

But if you meant that the "O" is weaker than the "W" when it comes to skill, they're pretty close. Being a Portland Winter Hawks fan, I'm very partial to the "W". But both the "O" and the "W" are stronger than the "Q". Heck, teams over there (allegedly) coordinate trades to load up one team for the Memorial Cup. They can't even compete fairly (allegedly)! B)

Scoring and D-wise the W and O are better but the Q will beat in goalies. Too many little Roy's over there.

England and youre a Winterhawk fan? That's pretty far away to follow a *edited* team. Go Birds! :P

Scoring and D-wise the W and O are better but the Q will beat in goalies. Too many little Roy's over there.

England and youre a Winterhawk fan? That's pretty far away to follow a *edited* team. Go Birds!  :P

Uh-oh! Another ThunderChickens fan?!?! :wacko:

Actually, I'm in Oregon -- just south of Portland. The England thing is a reference to an album title recorded by the man in my avatar.

COUNT THE BANNERS!!! GO HAWKS!!!

1983win.jpg1998win.jpg

(PS -- You coming down for the game on Saturday?)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

England and youre a Winterhawk fan? That's pretty far away to follow a *edited* team. Go Birds!  :P

Uh-oh! Another ThunderChickens fan?!?! :wacko:

Actually, I'm in Oregon -- just south of Portland. The England thing is a reference to an album title recorded by the man in my avatar.

COUNT THE BANNERS!!! GO HAWKS!!!

(PS -- You coming down for the game on Saturday?)

Sadly I had plans too but I will not make it down this weekend. I may sneak away Friday and catch the Hawks game in Everett since we are in Vancouver. I will be there the 9th though watching the Birds smoke the Hawks. The zamboni will be working overtime filling in the rut you guys will make to the penalty box. :+)

BTW, great job in the opening game with that comeback. You did what you could against Van. No one really has a chance against that team this year.

95cb95e6.gif

You know a hockey team hasn't won much when they raise regular-season division championship banners to the rafters :)

Hey it was our second one! We were proud of it. Our other one, btw, is a Conference championship banner. Key Arena is not the place to look for championship banners. lol

It's not like the "Q" is much better...

I don't think the motion lines are that bad, kinda IBM-ish, one of the most recognized logo

If I were to rate the CHL's Logos (including CHL), I'd go as follow:

WHL = A

CHL = B-

OHL = C+

Q = D

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The England thing is a reference to an album title recorded by the man in my avatar.

And a good album it was, regardless what the critics say about it :)

And he quotes Barry Wom in his signature--very cool...

"Feelin' like a cowboy

And lookin' like a slob"

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Wait a minute!! No, no, no. You got me wrong with my last post. I mean the OHL logo is weak compared to the WHL. Did I say WHA? My bad.

Yeah, I don't see a lot of hockey outside the OHL and NHL, so I can't comment about how the other associations match up.

To re-interate, I meant the Ontario Hockey League's logo being weak compared to the Western Hockey League logo. Man, those prairie boys got themselves a nice league crest.

HibsSignature.gif

Wait a minute!!  No, no, no.  You got me wrong with my last post.  I mean the OHL logo is weak compared to the WHL.  Did I say WHA?  My bad.

Yeah, I don't see a lot of hockey outside the OHL and NHL, so I can't comment about how the other associations match up.

To re-interate, I meant the Ontario Hockey League's logo being weak compared to the Western Hockey League logo.  Man, those prairie boys got themselves a nice league crest.

Prairie league? Half of it maybe. Seattle, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, and Everett are all in the W. It has also been home to teams in Victoria and Tacoma. Seattle may be an empty town hockey-wise, but we aren't prairie boys. B)

You know what I'm talking about! L*

Man, I haven't had any luck on this thread. If nobody minds, I'm just gonna just go away and maybe sit alone in a corner now.

No, no. I'll be okay.

*sniff*

HibsSignature.gif

Archived