chargers in powder blue

IceCap

Actually, my favorite look of the Chargers was the royal blue worn by the Dan Fourts era. The royal blue helmets with the gold (or yellow, if you will) facemasks seemed to have pizazz. And those unis are often forgotten in the powder blue-navy blue debates.

I've always been surprised that nobody mentions the Air Coryell-era Chargers uniforms when it comes to the powder blue vs. navy blue debate. They have to be the most underappreciated uniforms in NFL history, and the royal blue pops against the yellow a lot better than powder blue does. Also, there's more of a hole for royal blue and gold than there is for powder blue among NFL color schemes.

QPR%20Sig.png

During the Angels-Red Sox game today, Chris Berman actually mentioned the game, saying that the Chargers would be wearing the best uniforms in professional sports.

VmWIn6B.png

Actually, my favorite look of the Chargers was the royal blue worn by the Dan Fourts era. The royal blue helmets with the gold (or yellow, if you will) facemasks seemed to have pizazz. And those unis are often forgotten in the powder blue-navy blue debates.

I agree 100.3%. Since the Rams ditched the blue/yellow look, the Chargers would be unique if they went back to it. :grin:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I agree 100.3%. Since the Rams ditched the blue/yellow look, the Chargers would be unique if they went back to it. :grin:

are the royal blue unis nice? yes. would i be opposed to bringging them back full time? no. however imo the powder blue unis are 100x better. also, i dont think they need to be modernized at all. only one in three unis in sports that are perfect as is (canadians, yankees).

During the Angels-Red Sox game today, Chris Berman actually mentioned the game, saying that the Chargers would be wearing the best uniforms in professional sports.

Yeah, I allready said that *points to second post up on first page* Anyways Why don't they just go back to these, everyone likes them.

Yeah, I allready said that *points to second post up on first page* Anyways Why don't they just go back to these, everyone likes them.

apparently the owner likees the darker colours. he is putting his personal taste ahead of the taste of the fans. this is really stupid, because we chargers fans are the ones who buy most of the merch.

And as far as I'm concerned, the Chargers should also go back to the logo with the horse and lightning bolt on it.

im in favor of that, just as long as it stays off the unis. put it at teh 50 yard line, use it on shirts, hats, jacksts, ect...

let sports shows use it as the chargers graphic, but dont put it on the pefectr powder blue unis.

So much for the theory that the NFL does not allow teams to wear alternates before week 8. I would agree with the earlier posts that discussed the Fout's era jerseys as being classic. The only problem I had during that time is the Chargers wore the white version at home instead of the blue one, which I thought was the best jersey in the NFL. Near the end, they finally switched to the blue ones at home but that was late in Dan's career.

apparently the owner likees the darker colours. he is putting his personal taste ahead of the taste of the fans. this is really stupid, because we chargers fans are the ones who buy most of the merch.

It's more than that. In one of his first seasons, he overhauled the uniform and added the navy. It's his "stamp" on the franchise.

I guess when your record as an owner is .409, you'll grasp at any possible legacy you can find.

No, there's a difference between NFL Primetime and him doing the commentary on an Angels-Red Sox game.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived