chargers in powder blue

IceCap

I heard Berman and Jackson waxing poetic about them on NFL Primetime last night, and I agree completely. Too bad the game won't be on around here. I got lucky in the that they played the Jets on throwback day a couple years back. (double bonus for the fact that the Jets beat the snot out of them)

Now we just need them to play Lions on Thanksgiving one year and I will be set!

Gee, ya think the Bolts will win this time? They're 0-3 in the candyass-blue jerseys since 2000! Each time they get shellacked! <_<

ya, but they look good doing it. maby its a sighn from above that as long as the powder blues are relagated to alts. they will always lose in 'em. im with gothamite. bring them back full time. leave navy and yellow/gold to the rams.

I thought you were joking about the powder blue, but I see you're not.

Those things are horrid. Nasty looking. Ew.

But, that is my personal opinion. I'm not taking anything away from your tastes. That just isn't my style.

Don't you normally like jerseys that are kind of unique or creative, for lack of a better term?

Aside from that -- while I love the light blue jerseys (Have a Quentin Jammer one hanging in my closet), and wouldn't be against them being brought back, I think their current jerseys are the best in the league. There's not something about them -- so nice.

IUe6Hvh.png

I wouldn't mind the addition of light blue into their existing scheme, but I like the navy blue better because the yellow pops pretty well. I think the yellow and white contrasting with the navy is very important to their look.

I know there's a lot of nostalgia with the powder blues, but I just don't think they work as well as the navys.

It is actually only the color that makes me say "ew". I'm not a fan of the powder blue, unless it is accenting correctly (like with the Titans). As a main color, though, I am glad its not around. The Oilers with that color now would have been... uh... bad.

And, yes, I'm the one that likes "fresh and new". :)

I like the blue, myself.. but i'm all for what Av said.. the mix... toss it into the scheme. I'm afriad that might end up looking a little too Titan-ish, though. It would have to be done very carefully.

I think it is interesting to point out they are 0-3 in that color.. arent they 7-36 over that period, regardless of the color they wear, or somehting liek that?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i cringe everytime i see powder blue. id like to see a concept where they used the throwbacks but with there current color scheme of yellow and navy blue.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Actually, my favorite look of the Chargers was the royal blue worn by the Dan Fourts era. The royal blue helmets with the gold (or yellow, if you will) facemasks seemed to have pizazz. And those unis are often forgotten in the powder blue-navy blue debates.

(aka the greatest unis in all of sports)

That's funny because that is exactly what Chris Berman said in the Red Sox-Angels game today. Yeah I like teh powder blue's no doubt. Alot better than the currents.

Archived