Clippers possibly to move after this season

LMU

In a report on KABC's noon news in Los Angeles, there was a report that the owners of the Staples Center are likely not going to renew the Clippers' lease, since according to the owners, the arena can make more money on 5 concerts than 40 Clipper games. Can you say Anaheim Clippers?

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, they'd probably keep the name Los Angeles Clippers. After all, everyone knows Anaheim is just another part of LA.

....... ducks and runs like the cowardly s#!t disturber that he is...........

*cough* Kansas City Clippers *cough*

You can have them! All they do here is take up space, plus with the "retooled" Lakers, we won't need the Clippers to laugh at anymore.

VmWIn6B.png

...St. Louis Clippers...please?

If that happens, I'll buy you a ticket to a StL Clippers (or whatever they call them) home game. I have my doubts. Unless Sterling is planning on selling or relocating out of the LA vicinity, I would think they'll simply move to Anaheim. This is about a lost lease, not a "compelling financial need to find a more viable market" or whatever other similar language owners use when they want to open the bidding war for perks, cheap leases and other goodies from distant lands.

I'm sure, at some point, BS2282 will comment on how they "could use a real sports team in SLC, why not have the Clippers move there?"

If this doesn't happen, I apologize in advance for my cocky stride and musty odor.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I wish they moved to Louisville or Kansas City. Louisville is crazy to get a team and KC has a new arena. On the other hand Anaheim has the Pond. How bout a return of the Anaheim Amigos????

that's actually a good idea. a good way to have a new start so that they can get away with the clipper name being associated with losing.

VmWIn6B.png

I wish they moved to Louisville or Kansas City. Louisville is crazy to get a team and KC has a new arena. On the other hand Anaheim has the Pond. How bout a return of the Anaheim Amigos????

that's actually a good idea. a good way to have a new start so that they can get away with the clipper name being associated with losing.

Which one?

- Louisville?

- KC?

- Anaheim?

does San Diego have an NBA style arena?

Not really. The San Diego Sports Arena is really out of date, and the COX Center is on the campus of San Diego State.

VmWIn6B.png

Which one?

- Louisville?

- KC?

- Anaheim?

Anaheim

VmWIn6B.png

Archived