Clippers possibly to move after this season

LMU

If the Clippers are moving to an inland city, they must to change their nickname.

That is a clipper:

Clipper.JPEG

Pretty absurd naming them as the "St. Louis Clippers", isn't it?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Clippers are moving to an inland city, they must to change their nickname.

That is a clipper:

Clipper.JPEG

I guess they won't have to worry because they're not going to St. Louis.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'm a Clippers fan, and for obvious selfish reasons, I don't want this team to move from the Los Angeles area. I necessarily don't want the team to move to Anaheim either, because, once again for selfish reasons, I live in Los Angeles County. Listening to sports radio around these parts, as far as basketball nowadays, it's always about the never-ending soap opera known as the Lakers. While it might be amusing to hear about Kobe, or Shaquille, or Phil Jackson at first, it gets real tired real quick. As a Clips fan, thank God we don't have to hear about such non-sense. Other than this story about the Clips' lease, the only other "scandalous" story for Clips' fans to talk about was Donald Sterling's lawsuit against a hooker he slept around with in recent years. Not much was said after a day or two when that story initially became known.

I always proposed that Sterling and maybe some other investors get together with the city of Long Beach (just 23 miles south of downtown L.A. and 10 miles west of Anaheim) to rebuild their downtown arena (built in the same mold as the old L.A. Sports Arena), and make it into a Conseco Fieldhouse/Arco Arena/America West Arena-style arena, where's it's basketball-first. I know that's wishful thinking, and it may never happen, but it can certainly benefit the franchise as they would be the #1 tentant and can control the amount of events that can come in and out of the facility (as most teams do already). Just a thought.

I always proposed that Sterling and maybe some other investors get together with the city of Long Beach (just 23 miles south of downtown L.A. and 10 miles west of Anaheim) to rebuild their downtown arena (built in the same mold as the old L.A. Sports Arena), and make it into a Conseco Fieldhouse/Arco Arena/America West Arena-style arena, where's it's basketball-first.

Interesting idea.

Back in the day, the then Los Angeles Angels negotiated a deal that would have moved the club from Dodgers Stadium to a facility in Long Beach. However, because the municipality was picking up the construction costs, city officials insisted that the team be named the Long Beach Angels. Apparently, it proved a sticking point, because - as we all know - the team ended up in Anaheim.

I wonder if current elected officials in Long Beach would insist on naming the NBA club the Long Beach Clippers in exchange for providing them with a new home?

That is a clipper:

Clipper.JPEG

Try explaining that to the Utah Jazz.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Or... explaining that to the NBA marketing people? :blink:

I'm sincerely, really astonished at the intelligence of the members here (not kidding, I'm speaking seriously)...

How can it be that the Big Sports' guys have not hire us to put right many things of theirs?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Mayor of Anaheim: "We're getting an NBA franchise!"

Crowd: "Yay!"

Mayor of Anaheim: "But it's the Clippers!"

Silence from crowd.

Lone voice in wilderness: "They're history's greatest mistake!"

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Kind reminds me of this

Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you.

This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's

not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if

you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio."

[a whole football team is on his lawn]

[disappointed] Aw, the Denver Broncos!

Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.

[a player tries to catch the ball, but falls]

Homer: Yeah, yeah.

Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.

[another player tries to catch, but hits the ball with his head]

Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived