04 Red Sox World Series hats

DGivens87

I just picked up a new authentic Sox World Series hat at the mall today. Is it me, or shouldn't the World Series logo on the side of the cap be embroidered directly onto the cap? Mine has what looks like an "iron-on" World Series patch. I plucked the cap right out of the New Era boxes they arrived in, so they should be authentic, but I dunno...anyone else have one of these hats and is thinking the same thing as me, that the patch on the side seems a little "bootleg"?

It's possible these are first-run hats. Just like the Patriots Super Bowl hats. The hats that come out within days after the game are most likely patches. It's too soon to embroider everything on the hats right away. If you wait a week or two, the embroidered hats should start to come in.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

If I were to order one online, which do you think would come? Embroidered version or one similar to DGivens? It does say on the website that you have to allow until 5 days after the LCS for the hats to be shipped. Just wondering because I want to know if I should wait before I order it.

IUe6Hvh.png

Good idea. I'll make sure to try that. I'm thinking of doing it from hatworld.com and their picture example doesn't help as it's just a regular Red Sox hat with the World Series logo photoshopped onto the side, lol.

IUe6Hvh.png

Good idea, again. I emailed the fine people at lids/hatworld just in case, maybe I'll go to the local mall to one of the hat stores or sports stores and see if they'd have em'. I would've gone sooner but I wasn't sure if they'd have em' yet. Thanks for the help. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

The hats have pathces on them as a collector of the yankee hats in recent years. The player hats are patches too.

some are attached better than others.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I bought a Indians 2004 home hat with the jacobs field 10 anniversary patch on the side and it was ironed on. I bought it at the stadium and all of the others that i have seen have been ironed on, maybe thats how they do it now. All of my other hats with patches are sewn on.

I bought a Indians 2004 home hat with the jacobs field 10 anniversary patch on the side and it was ironed on. I bought it at the stadium and all of the others that i have seen have been ironed on, maybe thats how they do it now. All of my other hats with patches are sewn on.

ditto for the Expos P.R. caps

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

They also, in fact, have patches on their sleeves. Looks neat. Is this a first?

Sleeve patches were first warn by the Cardinals in 1987 (the Twins did not wear them). They've been warn regularly ever since.

I think the logo was under the neck last year. I just caught a few moments of the game and the logos as expected look horrible. The hat is the worst of all. They need to scrap this design for next year and go the route of previous WS logos.

Does anybody else think the world Series logo and hat patch for this year suck? They don't even look like sports logos, the one on the hat looks like a friggin add or something. I think the league needs to just do away with hat side logos of any kind, it's getting out of hand. A sleeve patch is plenty.

Archived