Golden State Warriors Logo Concept

Phil

It's good, but I hate the current Warriors motif and want something simpler. They need to go back to the old blue and gold scheme...I came up with something a while ago incorporating a blue and gold version of the current Warriors script in blue and gold for home games, and "Golden State" arched over the bridge-in-the-circle, with the main uniform and the front numbers in royal blue and the rest in gold.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

...so I got down to work putting this concept together that's been bouncing around in my brain for a while now.

Golden%20State%20Warriors%20Primary%20Logo.gif

Golden State Warriors Concept Logo

All comments, criticisms, questions, and suggestions are appreciated.

i love it. its got everything. they could use the spear as the alt. logo.

I tend to agree with TCR. A great secondary logo, but probably not detailed enough to be a primary.

Amazing piece of work SyPhi :notworthy:

liverpool-1.png

SyPhi - very creative and unique. I like that you are using their current colors. They are a great color combination, even though the current logo is kinda weak.

Nice job.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I love incorporating the spear, getting back to the old days when the "warriors" was more of an Indian reference. Getting it to look like a person throwing the spear is fantastic. I'm not sure if I like this as a "sports" team logo (on shorts, court, etc.) as it may be a bit to abstract, but as far as being a creative thought translated into a piece of art I think this is terrific.

Just MHO. Great job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

nice job syphi. perfect as a secondary.

i like the warrior's look right now, but instead of a stupid lightning bolt incorporated in their logo they should have a spear. Warriors didn't have lightning bolts as weapons. I like their uniforms too, i just dont like the warrior head secondary being behind the leg on the shorts.

Although the general consensus is it would make a better secondary than primary, I still maintain it as a primary logo.

NBA primary logos are not as complex as they were even 10-15 years ago. Teams are de-emphasizing (or even completely eliminating) complex primary logos in favour of simpler secondary logos or new simple primary logos. See: Toronto, Houston, Washington (went from one simple design to a simple design similar in style to this one), Vancouver/Memphis, Seattle.

I could very well be wrong, but the only one I can think of that recently got more complex was Dallas...

So my point is, that while it might not seem complex enough to warrant the primary designation, that's what it was designed to be in view of current trends.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

the cavs' could be considered some what complex. Toronto still uses' the whole raptor with the wordmark as the primary logo, they just got that new secondary for their unis. Memphis did go pretty simple, but theirs looks good. I don't really like the Rocket's simplicity. It's too bland. I do like their uniforms, except the fact that the 'R' on the shorts is entirely too big. The Sonics look is ok, but its almost as bland as the Rockets' logo. I like the uniforms though. The Grizzlies' aren't bland, so if the Rockets and Sonics did something on that level it would be better then what they currently have now.

the cavs' could be considered some what complex. Toronto still uses' the whole raptor with the wordmark as the primary logo, they just got that new secondary for their unis. Memphis did go pretty simple, but theirs looks good. I don't really like the Rocket's simplicity. It's too bland. I do like their uniforms, except the fact that the 'R' on the shorts is entirely too big. The Sonics look is ok, but its almost as bland as the Rockets' logo. I like the uniforms though. The Grizzlies' aren't bland, so if the Rockets and Sonics did something on that level it would be better then what they currently have now.

Re: Toronto... I know they've hung onto their basketball-playing dinosaur, but lately they've been really emphasizing pretty much any other logo in the repetoire (i.e. ball-claw, TR-leaf, etc.) instead of the primary.

Although we may not agree with the changes all the time, the way I see it, simple and iconic is the direction in top-tier pro sports.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Although we may not agree with the changes all the time, the way I see it, simple and iconic is the direction in top-tier pro sports.

I agree. I think that's where logos are heading again. I say again, because while not entirely right, I think logos were more iconic than they have been in the past 15 years. It seems like in the past fifteen years logos have shifted to detailed stylistic photos for primaries. I think less detailed icons will be coming back.

Some of that may be hope though, as I feel that is more where my skill is. Or maybe I simply lack the skill with the detailed logos. Either way...

Archived