Looks Like its going to be the Nationals

KJTALBOT

I'm glad that Nationals hasnt been made official yet. It is better than monuments or grays, but still isnt as good as Senators. It just HAS to be Senators, baseball is about tradition more than anything else, and it just seems tradational for a Washington team to be named the Senators. Even Washingtonians constantly referred to the team as the Senators, even when they were officially called the Nationals. MLB should "research" that little fact.

metslogo_215.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would actually prefer the Grays. I think that has a nice ring to it, has a very classic feel to it.

Nationals isn't bad though. I too would prefer D.C. Nationals, but i highly doubt that would happen.

I hope its not the Senators. I just don't like it when teams have the same nickname, even when theyre in separate leagues (ie. NY/Texas Rangers, NY/SF Giants).

As long as they don't go with the 'Monuments', or keep the Expos name, ill be happy.

All in all, Major League Baseball went with the identity package that offered the most upside with the fewest potential drawbacks. MLB is claiming that focus groups and public polling backs them up with regard to support for the name.

Bottom line? IMHO, it was always going to come down to a battle between Washington Senators and Washington Nationals.

I agree, I doubt they had a "list" of names.

Sure they did, it was right next to their list of cities other than Washington that they were interested in.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Senators may have been dogs (both the franchises that moved to Minnesota and Texas), but that script W that you associate with Frank Howard and Ted Williams remains one of the coolest baseball cap logos.

I hear that. And I actually own one. But we're only a week past the election. And as I committed Democrat, I'm still not ready to wear a red cap w/ a big ol' "W" on it. :D

Believe it or not, I MIGHT have an idea who is designing these things...but I don't know anything at this point.  Everything I've heard so far is pointing to the Nationals...

I believe it.

One thing I'm interested in finding out is what Pantones they will be using... perhaps the red, white, and blue of Old Glory?

:flagusa:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived