Looks Like its going to be the Nationals

KJTALBOT

http://washingtontimes.com/national/200411...21505-1358r.htm

Ballparkwatch.com has a link to this article in the Washington Times.

It looks like they will not wait until they have new owners to unveil the new name.

According to the story, the colors will be red, white and blue and the logo is almost done.

Your concepts will need to be modified. <_<

Everyone loves a roundel.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right about now, Clark Griffith is rolling in his grave doing a nice one-and-a-half somersault in a tuck position with a half twist in a 3.9 degree of difficulty move. THE NAME SUCKS!

I can see the lousy headline: "PHILLIES SWAT NATS".

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

If it is going to be done that quickly I would imagine they would have to be called the Senators or Nationals. The faster it must be done, the less likely they would be called the Grays, Monuments, or something else that hasn't already been used by a D.C. baseball team.

Just about what I thought (not like I was stepping out onto a ledge on this one). It's not great, but it's not terrible. I think Washington Monuments would have been fun.

B)

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

If it is going to be done that quickly I would imagine they would have to be called the Senators or Nationals. The faster it must be done, the less likely they would be called the Grays, Monuments, or something else that hasn't already been used by a D.C. baseball team.

Just about what I thought (not like I was stepping out onto a ledge on this one). It's not great, but it's not terrible. I think Washington Monuments would have been fun.

B)

..... I can read the headines: "The Washington Monuments are facing some stiff competition" :rolleyes:

Does anyone find it odd that Survival79 responded to HIMSELF? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm cool with Nationals.........

The HAVE to use this bad boy as the cap logo....

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball.../WSH-S_1385.gif

I know it was the Senators cap logo, but it would still work.

Perhaps you shouldn't link from Creamer's site.

i should have said Copy and Paste.

I thought he'd appreciate the PLUG. I could send people elsewere. I can remove it if needed.

i like it.

i like the nickname "nats"

and is ALOT better than monuments... that has to be the worst idea for a team name since the kansas city wiz.

Nah, there's a worse/funnier nickname out there...

macwho97.gif

Get it... Macon Whoopee! :lol:

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I'm cool with Nationals.........

The HAVE to use this bad boy as the cap logo....

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball.../WSH-S_1385.gif

I know it was the Senators cap logo, but it would still work.

Perhaps you shouldn't link from Creamer's site.

i should have said Copy and Paste.

I thought he'd appreciate the PLUG. I could send people elsewere. I can remove it if needed.

IMO, it'd be better to link to the page that contains the image rather than directly to the image. Like this: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?l_id=4&t_id=79&logo=1385

No need to C&P this way and Chris' branding is present.

Does anyone find it odd that Survival79 responded to HIMSELF?  ^_^

It was just an effort to carry over my thoughts from the Expos name change within 15 days? thread. :D

i like it.

i like the nickname "nats"

and is ALOT better than monuments... that has to be the worst idea for a team name since the kansas city wiz.

I never said it was a great name... just that it would have been fun.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Washington Nationals is a solid choice for the team's identity package. There's the obvious historical tie-in to the city's first American League franchise, a team that actually captured a World Series Championship in 1924. That club was officially known as the Nationals from 1901 to 1955. There's the fact that the franchise plays in the National League. It's also a good choice in light of the fact that the District of Columbia's mayor, Anthony A. Williams, has long stated that the oft-mentioned Senators identity is inappropriate, given the District's lack of voting representation in Congress.

All in all, Major League Baseball went with the identity package that offered the most upside with the fewest potential drawbacks. MLB is claiming that focus groups and public polling backs them up with regard to support for the name.

Bottom line? IMHO, it was always going to come down to a battle between Washington Senators and Washington Nationals.

All in all, Major League Baseball went with the identity package that offered the most upside with the fewest potential drawbacks. MLB is claiming that focus groups and public polling backs them up with regard to support for the name.

Bottom line? IMHO, it was always going to come down to a battle between Washington Senators and Washington Nationals.

I agree, I doubt they had a "list" of names.

Plus, after having and losing the Senators twice I think it was wise not to test the Baseball Gods again.

Actually, the first Senators team that Washington lost was technically the Washington Nationals. Senators was simply an alternative nickname that ended up being utilized more and more often over the history of the franchise.

Archived