Very thin sports books!

Swiss

Signature photos that are immediately recognizable - Quadival

:lol: What? You couldn't that was a tiger holding a wooden spoon?

Well.. i could tell it was a tiger... and he was holding something.... i thought it might be a spoon.. maybe even chrome... or stainless...

but i dont know why he is laying on the floor with his toungue out.. is he hot, and using the spoon as a fan? Has he been run over by the soop truck, and with his last breath, shaking the spoon angrily it its direction as it drives off?

Why do you have it as your signature? Big 'tired tiger' fan?

Well I didn't expect you to understand that. Here's the deal in case you were wondering. It's a cartoon depecting the last placed finish of the Ricmond Tigers of the Australian Football League. A term used for last-placed teams is "wooden spoon", hence the tiger holding the wooden spoon.

I just found the cartoon amusing and decide to use it as my signature for the day or two.

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A term used for last-placed teams is "wooden spoon", hence the tiger holding the wooden spoon.

I just found the cartoon amusing and decide to use it as my signature for the day or two.

There is no way that spoon is wooden. If it is, I have a pocketful of wooden nickels. And dimes, quarters, etc. :P

"Well I didn't expect you to understand that. Here's the deal in case you were wondering. It's a cartoon depecting the last place finish of the Ricmond Tigers of the Australian Football League. A term used for last-place teams is 'wooden spoon', hence the tiger holding the wooden spoon.

"I just found the cartoon amusing and decide to use it as my signature for the day or two."

Oh, now we get it.

Other Terms For The Cellar, Basement or Nothing But The Bottom Of The Standings by quadival.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

There is no way that spoon is wooden. If it is, I have a pocketful of wooden nickels. And dimes, quarters, etc. :P

:lol: Hey, I didn't draw it okay?

Oh, now we get it.

Other Terms For The Cellar, Basement or Nothing But The Bottom Of The Standings by quadival.

Hey, "wooden spoon" an Aussie term, just ask any Aussie on this board.

I saw, I came, I left.

The Winters in Buffalo Guide to Great Moments in Buffalo Sports History

The Winters in Buffalo Guide to Great Moments in Buffalo Sports History

Great Moments in the Past 20 Years of Philadelphia Sports History by James Craven.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Betting Tips by the 1919 Chicago White Sox

Mmmhhh... that could be a fat book!!! Those Sox threw the 1919 WS.

I didn't know that there is a Brazilian in NHL. But that guy is a German descendant, I minded more about dark skinned Brazilians.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

"The Winters in Buffalo Guide to Great Moments in Buffalo Sports History"

"Great Moments in the Past 20 Years of Philadelphia Sports History by James Craven.

"--Roger "Time?" Clemente."

Roger Clemente's Guide to Nova Scotia's Championship History in Professional Sports

"Great Moments in the Past 20 Years of Philadelphia Sports History by James Craven.

Roger Clemente's Guide to Nova Scotia's Championship History in Professional Sports

I already own the Cape Breton Oilers 1993-94 Season Official Game Program.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

James Craven's Guide to Just Giving Up and Not Coming Off as a Dumbass.

What? Too long?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Two can play that game...or more.

Cyclopis Joe's Great Atlanta Hawks Playoff Moments

"Well I didn't expect you to understand that. Here's the deal in case you were wondering. It's a cartoon depecting the last place finish of the Ricmond Tigers of the Australian Football League. A term used for last-place teams is 'wooden spoon', hence the tiger holding the wooden spoon.

"I just found the cartoon amusing and decide to use it as my signature for the day or two."

Oh, now we get it.

Why did you emphasize the we and not the now?

"Tennis: The Champion's Way" by Anna Kournikova

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

"Tennis: The Champion's Way" by Anna Kournikova

You mean singles tennis. She did have numerous grand slam doubles titles.

Sure, go get specific.

However, by using Champion's, one should assume there is only ONE champion being spoken of. Had I used Champions', then you could assume I meant doubles tennis. I did not, therefore, I used Champion's...

[/grammar lesson]

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived