J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

budbowl77

Hey guys, I was just wondering who here supports the new West Side of Manhattan stadium for the New York Jets? I just wanted to say, I support the idea, first off because pro football will actually be in the big apple the city of my birth, second its because its my team the New York Jets, third we'll be getting out of a stadium where we never really belonged anyway. so i'm just looking to get some new blood in here, start a conversation..what do you guys think?

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

I am against it. Not saying the Meadowlands is a great place, but I love to go to Jet games and tailgate. With this new stadium this wouldn't be possible, because there will be no tailgating.

I also believe that the local residents don't want the stadium as well.

I saw, I came, I left.

I am against it. Not saying the Meadowlands is a great place, but I love to go to Jet games and tailgate. With this new stadium this wouldn't be possible, because there will be no tailgating.

First off we should have our own stadium. We are the NEW YORK Jets. Giants Stadium is inqdequate. Yes, I will miss tailgating. heaven knows i could lose a few pounds by not grilling on sunday but its totally worth it to have a stadium of our own.

little by little the residents of the west side are realizing that a stadium is in there best interests. look whats there? Long Island Railroad trains? empty space? have you ever lived on the west side? I have..and trust me..New York needs this.

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Why would there be no tailgating - is this a parking issue or a fire issue or both?

There would be no parking. Giants Stadium now is surronded by nothing so there is a big parking lot. The new stadium would be in the citty so there would be no parking lot. Maybe a garage which you couldn't tailgate in.

Why would there be no tailgating - is this a parking issue or a fire issue or both?

There would be no parking. Giants Stadium now is surronded by nothing so there is a big parking lot. The new stadium would be in the citty so there would be no parking lot. Maybe a garage which you couldn't tailgate in.

There are plans for a 7,000 car garage. After that there are plans maybe to allow tailgating in lots on the other side of the hudson for tailgating in which fans can take a ferry ride across to see the game. but anyway...

dude, you know whats gonna happen? its like not being allowed to wear jeans to catholic school..after a couple weeks, they'll forget about it. I mean you cant tailgate in the Yankee Stadium lots. but if you park your car on the roof, you'll get away with it. besides..look at how much trash is left outside Giants Stadium after a game? the NYC Sanitiation Department would have to pay overtime like crazy. this is a plan to save money for New York. and it will save the city money over time. I say build it. But i'll also say this...its disgusting and dangerous with all the empty broken bottles, trash, dumped hot coals spew through the Giants Stadium lot...the day you have to change a tire in the lot because you drove through a broken bottle you'll change your mind.

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Too bad for them.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

There are plans for a 7,000 car garage. After that there are plans maybe to allow tailgating in lots on the other side of the hudson for tailgating in which fans can take a ferry ride across to see the game. but anyway...

dude, you know whats gonna happen? its like not being allowed to wear jeans to catholic school..after a couple weeks, they'll forget about it. I mean you cant tailgate in the Yankee Stadium lots. but if you park your car on the roof, you'll get away with it. besides..look at how much trash is left outside Giants Stadium after a game? the NYC Sanitiation Department would have to pay overtime like crazy. this is a plan to save money for New York. and it will save the city money over time. I say build it. But i'll also say this...its disgusting and dangerous with all the empty broken bottles, trash, dumped hot coals spew through the Giants Stadium lot...the day you have to change a tire in the lot because you drove through a broken bottle you'll change your mind.

If I remember correctly, you oppose the Nets arena because it's being built over LIRR yards, which could take jobs away from transport workers. Is there a chance that might happen on the West Side too? Is there a difference?

waffles...originally i didnt support the idea of either arena..and i apologize to everyone for not keeping us up to date on negoiations stuff like that in this area, but the answer is no on both accounts. the Jets and Nets are building there respected arenas on top of both train yards. i had originally thought they were tearing out the pit where the yards are located but negoiations between Bruce Ratner and the city along with the MTA and TWU have shown that the jobs i had orignally thought would be lost will not. so i figure if sports ownership and the agency running the railroads and subways are singing off on the project..i can throw my hat behind it too.

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

First off we should have our own stadium. We are the NEW YORK Jets. Giants Stadium is inqdequate.

Name of your team and stadium aside, why is Giants Stadium inadequate?

Giants Stadium is inaqeduate for a couple reasons.

its in a lousy location.

getting in and out of the stadium is a joke (even for lower level seating)

traffic is a nightmare.

have you ever been to Giants Stadium? Its just not ours. thats it man..we've been second fiddle for so many years, playing in someone elses city, playing in someone elses stadium, this is a real chance for the Jets to become #1 in this town. Thats what Jets fans want. I want to go to the Stadium and not be reminded that the other team owns it. I want to able to take a leak in a real bathroom not those nasty port a jons. If i decide I want a snack during the game, I dont want to have to take a look at the person behind the counter and suddenly have second thoughts.

I would be one of the people using public transportation to and from the game. I would be one of the people willing to use the local eateries to support local businesses instead of tailgating. And to be honest. Its my job that will also be effected by a new stadium because a subway line will have to be built to connect the stadium to the subway, bus routes will have to be made to accomodate the fans going to the stadium, ferries will have to be built to accomdate fans. this means good paying entry level jobs for people.

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Well I'm not a New York fan, but I must say it was very strange for the Jets to move into Giants Stadium in the first place, seeing they are sharing it with the Giants. Shea Stadium was pretty big, but the cookie-cutter figure wasn't good enough for the fans to watch, I figured, but it was a good stadium.

And even if New York doesn't get the Olympics, I still think the Jets should have their own stadium, and the city itself should actually have a football stadium. There's no reason New York should have 2 football teams, and NOT play in New York City. One of the two teams in New Jersey is good, but both teams in New Jersey, I'm not so keen on that concept. I mean, the New York/New Jersey Jets and Giants seems kinda over-excessive.

But when the World League had the New York/New Jersey Knights, that made sense to me. It avoided angering the city and its suburbs to the West. And plus it's only one team representing that market in that league. The NFL is different from that of the WLAF and the XFL.

So let's have the mauling in Manhattan!

Well, the same thing is going on around the NASCAR circles..NASCAR wants to build a racetrack around NY, and supposedly the city wouldn't mind tearing down Brooklyn to get it.

These people are really messed up.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Well, the same thing is going on around the NASCAR circles..NASCAR wants to build a racetrack around NY, and supposedly the city wouldn't mind tearing down Brooklyn to get it.

These people are really messed up.

That makes sense doesn't? A city with the some of the worst traffic in the world opening up a racetrack

I saw, I came, I left.

it wasnt actually a racetrack..it was more of an Indy car race through the streets or a NASCAR road race. and we dont have the worst traffic in the world. We could easily support either an Indy race or a NASCAR race. there are quite a few places within the 5 boros of NYC where this could be done.

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

it wasnt actually a racetrack..it was more of an Indy car race through the streets or a NASCAR road race. and we dont have the worst traffic in the world. We could easily support either an Indy race or a NASCAR race. there are quite a few places within the 5 boros of NYC where this could be done.

Hey, I said SOME of the worst traffic. ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived