Apparently

buzzcut

South Carolina and Clemson didn't get to see last night's Pacer/Piston brawl. Fights not only before the game, but during it!!!

I hope the NCAA blocks both of them from participating in a bowl. :mad: :mad: :mad:

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Mayeb they saw it and wanted to join in the fun themselves. This is getting out of hand. The NCAA fights in football have been really bad leatly I say in College a fight automatic suspension for your next game, or longer.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Didn't we learn something from the brawl in Detroit? I think Lou Holtz and Tommy Bowden should be held accountable for this. Insteand of banning them from bowls (hey, they're eligible), the players involved will be suspended for their bowl games.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Didn't we learn something from the brawl in Detroit? I think Lou Holtz and Tommy Bowden should be held accountable for this. Insteand of banning them from bowls (hey, they're eligible), the players involved will be suspended for their bowl games.

If it appeared that everyone on both sidelines got involved, the NCAA should(nay, MUST) declare both teams ineligible for the bowl season.

(And if you believe I'm calling for this, just so the MAC can get more teams into bowl matchups, you're wrong.)

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Ironically, I attended a speech Lou Holtz made in Mexico a few years back, and he talked about how brawls and big fights like this ruin the game of college football and that he definately likes motivation, but this is definately not the right type. You could see Lou really trying to hold his players back. I've never seen him so fired up.

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

I like em.

More fights would be more interesting.

I like fired up players, and player who wont take crap off of the other team, particularly in a rivalry game. I hope GT and UGA get in a fight.

Especially in games where late hits, etc aren't called, like was going on in the Clem-USC game.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Since when did fighting become such a bad thing?

said the man who thought a college quarterback swearing on tv was contrubuting to the deterioration of society.

Trying to bring another argument into this one... for shame....

Well, to me, there is nothing wrong with fighting. Humans fight, it's what we do, it is nature.

However, when dealing with broadcasting standards, you must be careful in what is said over the air.

You cannot compare the two situations. It's apples and elephants.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i missed a fight :cursing:

the only reason i used to watch the now defunct NHL was for the fights. Fights are fun, fights are fantastic, Fights forever...

aliteration anyone :grin:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I am quite ashamed to call myself a native of the state of South Carolina after this. This is not the best my state has to offer.

Classless.

i'd be more ashamed of the shambles the public school system is in, the piss poor excuse we have for a governor, the countless elections strom thurmond won and the underlying racism i witness every day than a fight at a football game.

I am quite ashamed to call myself a native of the state of South Carolina after this. This is not the best my state has to offer.

Classless.

i'd be more ashamed of the shambles the public school system is in, the piss poor excuse we have for a governor, the countless elections strom thurmond won and the underlying racism i witness every day than a fight at a football game.

Shhhh...they don't show that stuff over and over on ESPN...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Since when did fighting become such a bad thing?

said the man who thought a college quarterback swearing on tv was contrubuting to the deterioration of society.

Trying to bring another argument into this one... for shame....

Well, to me, there is nothing wrong with fighting. Humans fight, it's what we do, it is nature.

However, when dealing with broadcasting standards, you must be careful in what is said over the air.

You cannot compare the two situations. It's apples and elephants.

How is fighting in sports human nature? And how is a unbridled expression of happiness not? Oh wait, I see the difference. One was done by colllege kids the other...no, thats not it. Ok found it. One was while little kids might have been watching and might have made them think that was ok while...no, not it either. Ok here it is. One was about emotions boiling over to the point where they couldn't control it anymore whereas the other one...crap! I don't see a difference at all. If you think one swear word on live tv is bad, I don't see how you can condone a benchclearing brawl in college football.

Archived