Hamburg Sea Devils

TruColor

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say #1 is all that bad. It represents Hamburg well, just not Sea Devils. Plus the color scheme is completely different from the wordmark.

Pantone, "Hello, I'm Peter Graves" wouldn't on the off chance be in reference to the MST3K episode, "Beginning of the End", would it? I own that piece of genius on DVD. Or it could just be a reference to Peter Graves...

it's like safe to say thst number 1 is bad

It's not "safe" to say that, you're certainly free to say it's bad--but some of us on page one noted we like it the best--and others liked it, even if not their favorite--hardly "safe"

So exercise free speech & say it's "bad"--if we all agreed on every logo & uni--well this place would get very boring...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I would say #1 is all that bad. It represents Hamburg well, just not Sea Devils. Plus the color scheme is completely different from the wordmark.

Pantone, "Hello, I'm Peter Graves" wouldn't on the off chance be in reference to the MST3K episode, "Beginning of the End", would it? I own that piece of genius on DVD. Or it could just be a reference to Peter Graves...

I'm a total MSTie. Yep..."Beginning of the End" was my point...

Anyone else strangely drawn to the picture on the right of those logos, for the cheerleading team, strapped up in (what appears to be) a latex catsuit?

I gotta get me to the motherland.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I called this one. I just knew that fan voting would select logo #2.

And they did a good job selecting it. In my opinion, it was the best logo for the team. It'll make a great helmet logo, and it just seems to fit the name better.

#3 is an excellent secondary.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

In my opinion, it was the best logo for the team. It'll make a great helmet logo, and it just seems to fit the name better.

Well, there's no getting around the fact that it certainly hits you over the head with regard to communicating the "Devils" portion of the team name. I suppose that they're counting on the color palette to communicate the "Sea" portion... though I'd like to see them accentuate the fins on the neck-ridge as a means of doing that.

As for why I saw #2 winning the contest: simply put, it was the most "Old World" Germanic of the three designs. Therefore, I figured it would resonate with the target audience.

My only complaint is with the Red tongue. It's a minor portion of the logo, but for a team that is going with an aquatic theme I'd stay away from the color myself. I'd go with "cooler" colors across the board... render the tongue in Silver or a shade of Green.

I'd also have loved to see design #1 rendered in the color palette of Dark Blue, Deep Teal, Black and Silver (i.e. something closer to the other two logos).

• 3 months later...
logo3.jpg

#3 should win by a mile. While it could be improved upon, as is it would work well on a football helmet.

I decided to redo it myself. Here's what I want to use the logo for:

SeaDevils.jpg

I made the little insert a bright green.

haha dude its hamburg not hamilton

but i think the triton thing is too simple. and the wordmark you used is very seahawk-esque, as well as the colors. i do like lime green navy blue and silver though.

I know it's Hamburg, but this is for a fantasy baseball team.

I was going to post this on a new thread, but since we're on the topic of "Sea Devils", I completed the caps for a fantasy baseball team called the "Hamilton" Sea Devils, using the defeated trident logo.

SeaDevilscaps.jpg

The one on the left can be used for home, the one on the right for the road games.

Archived