Hamburg Sea Devils

TruColor

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like there's a contest for the logo:

Logo Contest

It's been like, 25 years or so since I took German, so I'm not sure what the deal is here, but I would go for #3 - the trident thing.

Basically vote for a logo and win a trip the superbowl in Jacksonville... agreed the trident is cool

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Ah... the perks of having a German brother-in-law, a German-speaking American sister-in-law and two German-American nephews. Based upon the German I've been able to pick up from them, the translation is:

"The Hamburg Sea Devils seek a logo. Select one of the proposed logos and with some good fortune you could win a trip to Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville, Florida."

It looks like there's a contest for the logo:

Logo Contest

It's been like, 25 years or so since I took German, so I'm not sure what the deal is here, but I would go for #3 - the trident thing.

Basically vote for a logo and win a trip the superbowl in Jacksonville... agreed the trident is cool

I took German last year and Freshman year( I still barely even know it) but I think that is basically what it is saying. If I picked one it would be the center logo.

On the Scottish Claymores board I predicted either Munich or Hamburg, Germany would get a team so hearing that Hamburg got a team is good, now all they have to do is move Amsterdam to Munich and I'll be set.

:)

Signature intentionally left blank

Ah... the perks of having a German brother-in-law, a German-speaking sister-in-law and two German-American nephews. Based upon what the German I've been able to pick up from them, the translation is:

"The Hamburg Sea Devils seek a logo. Select one of the proposed logos and with some good fortune you could win a trip to Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville, Florida."

isnt that what i said... the perks of dating 2 german exchange students... my buddies called me Hasselhoff for a reason... and it wasnt because i look great in red trunks running down a beach... or had a talking car...lol because the thoery goes Germans love David Hasselhoff

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Of the three choices offered in the contest, I'd be tempted to vote for #3... if the positioning of the trident didn't make it look as though we were supposed to be seeing an upper-case letter "E" formed by the trident's tines. I know that's not what the designer was going for, but it stillregisters that way... which drives me crazy.

I'd love to see #1 rendered in another color palette based on those used for the other two logos: either Dark Royal (Navy?), Deep Aqua and Black or Dark Royal, Deep Aqua and Red. I'd love to see: (1) the shield be Dark Royal, the octopus be Deep Aqua and the castle be White, with a Black outline around the shield, or (2) the shield be Dark Royal, the Octopus be White and the castle be Red, with a Deep Aqua outline around the shield.

Somehow, I can see the #2 winning the fan voting. Personally, it's my least favorite of the three choices, though I could live with it.

P.S. GMac... I would slip any of the three proposed Hamburg Sea Devils logos in just ahead of the Roughriders' logo. :P

So... given your Hasselhoff nickname, will you be attempting to score free tickets to Sponge Bob's big-screen debut? After all, "you've" got a cameo appearance in the film.

I know I can't have it both ways, but I'd like to see both 1 and 3. I think three could make a unique helmet logo and one would make a decent, Ravens-like crest as a secondary. Or vice versa. But i think one could easily be a secondary of the other.

Evil-Neptune looks cool. the Trident as well.

Logo 1 looks like the Penguin's Evil Empire logo from the 1960's Adam West "Batman" movie.....

...and has anyone heard when they will change NFL Europe's name to Amerikanischer Fußball Deutschland?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

And this wouldn't?

logo2.jpg

I prefer this logo because it seems to fit the name. It has that feel of the Mascot painted on an old WWII sub. Watch Das Boot and you'll see what i mean.

I think that logo has everything.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This would be ideal: Make #3 the same color scheme as #2(with silver tounge instead of red). Place 3 on a light blue helmet with #2 on Jersey sleeves.

I like the trident styling of #3, but #2 really does say Sea Devils.

Archived