New southern league team

reppact

I'm very disappointed.  I thought for sure they'd name the team the Montgomery Burns and develop some kind of affiliation with the Albuquerque Isotopes.

I'm very disappointed. I thought for sure they'd name the team the Montgomery Burns and develop some kind of affiliation with the Albuquerque Isotopes.

Best post of the day.

I'll second that.  For some odd reason this needs to be done.

There used to be the Springfield Sultans of the Midwest League (1994 through 1995), there is also the Springfield/Ozark Mountain Ducks of the Central League as well.

There's been countless others in Springfield, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and Vermont.

I agree though - maybe they could collaborate with Springfield College (MA), Springfield College (MO), Springfield College in Illinois, or Springfield Technical Community College.

...or BARTon College in Wilson, NC.

I had to get the obligatory Simpsons reference in, hence my prior post on this topic.  Now that I've had a chance to give it some time and go on to the website, I find it oddly appealing.  Yeah, it's kooky, but I think in time it's going to be a big hit.  Naturally it's not big league material; that I will certainly concede.  I really like the mascot.

yhollander Posted on May 27 2003,16:43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I think that their logo merchandise is going to wind up selling like hotcakes.

******** ducking *****************

Argh! Missed!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived