NHL Heritage project

Discrim

Not bad. Kinda Nordiques-esque.

Again with the whole "vintage-for-relatively-new-franchise-with-no-history" thing that I dislike. I'm pretty sure I've brought this up already...

great...there goes my Avs idea.

i'll take a venture to guess you're talkin about the Wild, Coyotes, Ducks, et al. indifferent on the first, hate it on the other two...well, i figure you'll be glad to hear i'm not doing the other three teams from the most recent expansion mainly for that reason. heck, i'm probably only gonna do the Sharks, Lightning and Ducks from the rest of the "little to no history" group. the Sharks one is gonna take a lot of imagination on my part, and probably some elements from the Seals, to work, though I have some good ideas in store for the Ning and Ducks. basically, with Anaheim at least, watch for Wild Wing ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again with the whole "vintage-for-relatively-new-franchise-with-no-history" thing that I dislike. I'm pretty sure I've brought this up already...

Suigi, surprised you didn't see the Cleveland Barons likeness in the Columbus BJ jersey....can you guess what it is? :P

Yes, I noticed the states on the arms.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Suigi, surprised you didn't see the Cleveland Barons likeness in the Columbus BJ jersey....can you guess what it is? :P

Yes, I noticed the states on the arms.

Ding! Good job you win....a post from me regarding your right answer! :D

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

just in now...the Penguins, taking elements from the most recent looks before the current one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...rghheritage.gif

i'm a little apprehensive about this one, but this is all I could come up with :hockeysmiley:

and now, they've been called the Nordilanche, or to a lesser extent the Avaliques. Folks have done Avalique jerseys (Avs template with Nords cresting), now i'm doing the reverse: a Nordilanche (Nords template, Avs cresting). I've even gone so far as to replace the fleurs de lis with de feetz :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...avsheritage.gif

more to come, and it's gonna be good

2016cubscreamsig.png

heh...tough crowd here. what with that AAO guy and his MLB redesigns goin on :D

anyways, here's the next suspect, the Lightning. Basically it's similar to the only other jersey style they've worn besides their regulars, the short-lived rainstorm alternate. for the sake of visibility, my version of the lightning logo has been recolored.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...bayheritage.gif

enjoy :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

OH MY WORD! WE'VE GOT A DARREN PUPPA SIGHTING! :hockeysmiley:

:P

Nice work on that, BTW; I'm really starting to appreciate your sense of style.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

OH MY WORD! WE'VE GOT A DARREN PUPPA SIGHTING! :hockeysmiley:

:P

Nice work on that, BTW; I'm really starting to appreciate your sense of style.

thanks...enjoy the ride, i'm just warmin up ^_^

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 2 weeks later...

here goes with the flying V :D the knucklepuck and Emilio Estevez, to name a few. so yeah, them Powerful Mallards of Los Angeles :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...eimheritage.gif

It was either the Wildwing temp or the late 90s temp. I was gonna throw in the regular jersey's bottom striping, but it looked too cluttered that way.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Here's a thought: how about the modern Senators' current logos (profile head, 3-D head, Peace Tower) on the original Senators' "barber poles"? If I had any talent for this, I'd give it a shot.

i'd do it except for one small detail, that being I'm not doing them. Already did that in my last NHL project, Revivals.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Wow! :notworthy: Awesome job, Discrim!

Even tho they're the same template, I love the Pens and Ducks, especially the Ducks. The one thing I really liked about their WildWing alt was the use of white trim, which you've nailed on this one.

The Nordilanche concept kicks butt! I'm surprised nobody's done that yet... Brilliant!

But, Oh. My. God. I LOVE what you've done to the Lightning logo. That is frickin' awesome! Not really feeling the "Tampa Bay" on the chest, but everything else rocks. Especially the ocean waves and the lightning bolts. Did you draw that freehand?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Here's a thought: how about the modern Senators' current logos (profile head, 3-D head, Peace Tower) on the original Senators' "barber poles"?  If I had any talent for this, I'd give it a shot.

i'd do it except for one small detail, that being I'm not doing them. Already did that in my last NHL project, Revivals.

Sorry 'bout that, I'm very much a newbie here and should've searched for them.

I understand someone (ICS) did fantasy unis for all 50 US states but I haven't been able to turn those up in a search. :unsure:

tzch6.jpg

Wow! :notworthy: Awesome job, Discrim!

Even tho they're the same template, I love the Pens and Ducks, especially the Ducks. The one thing I really liked about their WildWing alt was the use of white trim, which you've nailed on this one.

The Nordilanche concept kicks butt! I'm surprised nobody's done that yet... Brilliant!

But, Oh. My. God. I LOVE what you've done to the Lightning logo. That is frickin' awesome! Not really feeling the "Tampa Bay" on the chest, but everything else rocks. Especially the ocean waves and the lightning bolts. Did you draw that freehand?

to tell the truth, i'm as shocked as you are. I don't know whether people would think it'd be too easy or what, but you see a lot of Avs-style concepts with Nords logos on em. Guess I figured it was time to do the reverse.

I was more or less able to trace the waves and the three bolts...heck, I was even able to trace teh 39 (Ciccone) so that one day, I can make me a Daren Puppa jersey :D

teench, no hard feelings :) just look for "NHL Revivals" you'll find it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 4 weeks later...

after about a month, i basically have a lot of templates ready, so Heritage starts back up again. no silly lockout can stop this ;)

here, we got the Dallas Stars.

dallasheritage.gif

this is modeled after the never-worn 1980-81 prototype road jersey, which was black instead of green. the only thing stopping the rise of some black Stars was a shot at Lord Stanley. they decided to change the home jersey anyway while standing pat with the road jersey for about 4-5 more seasons.

heh, it's better than mooterus. :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

teench, no hard feelings :)  just look for "NHL Revivals" you'll find it.

I did a search for the Revivals project, followed the link in the thread (http://twynncyteez.tripod.com/nhlrevivals/) and got...:

Sorry, but the page or the file that you're looking for is not here.

? Please check to see that you've entered the correct URL.

? The owner of this site may have chosen to delete their membership.

? The site may have been removed due to a violation of Tripod's Terms of Service.

? The site may have been moved to a different URL.

I realize that was in April 2003, ancient history by WWW standards. Does the site still exist at another URL? :unsure:

tzch6.jpg

one thing i forgot to mention-the thread was actually titled Montreal Maroons, with NHL Revivals in the subtitle...oops :D

NHL Revivals

that old one that was a ghost town by the time you found it was sorta abandoned after two or three teams. what you want is in the thread i've posted.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived