NHL Heritage project

Discrim

I did that red wings jersey recently, then decided it would be a good idea to start another NHL project. Since i'm sticking to existing teams this time around, calling this Revivals II would make no sense so I'm dubbing this NHL Heritage.

you may have seen the Red Wings already, so click here if you haven't.

Now, I present two new ones for you. First, the Boston Bruins.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...tonheritage.gif

I used brown here as you can see, and made a hybrid of the Bobby Orr uniforms and the 1940s jerseys. hope you like it.

Then, the Chicago Blackhawks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...agoheritage.gif

the crest is a hybrid of the current indian head, alt logo and teh circle that the indian used to be enclosed in before the current style was adopted. i'd thought about having the barberpoles a la their 40s look, but with the shoulder yoke (from their original uniforms) there would be too much going on. to tell the truth, I don't know where I got the idea for the sleeve striping.

edit: first, new shipment in so I wanna highlight those. secondly, the blackhawks crest has been shrunken to only slightly larger than normal instead of taking up half the front like before :D

I decided to do the white Hawks jersey, as well as a black one so here they are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...ritagewhite.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...ritageblack.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Blackhawks logo you used. Not feeling the stripes though. Overall good stuff. :hockeysmiley:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The Hawks isn't bad, but I don't like the Bruins concept either. They should be either black or brown, not both. Technically, they are chocolate brown and gold, but sometime over the years the dark brown turned into black. The only place brown exists is on the pooh-bear patch, and it should stay there.

I will say that the brown and black don't look bad together, there's enough differentiation between them for contrast. Actually, the whole color scheme could probably work for a different team (maybe Wyoming, if they wanted to add black for a trim or shadow).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Boston one's my favourite. My only problem with the Hawks jerseys is how the numerous black and white stripes on the shoulder look like referee tunics or whatnot. Is there some way you could differentiate that without doing away with the idea?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I've always liked the Bruins 40's jerseys--but I like the late 60's ones better--still nice job combining the reasons I like them.

As for the Hawks--nice work--an improvement I think--although I think the red should be a bit darker--but maybe that's just me--

Nothing really drastic, yet more than a tweak--both of these would make great alts as well---almost anything would be better than the Bruins' current alts...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Not a fan of the brown in the Bruins one, but the Blackhawks is a good start. In my mind, it would look better with vertical shoulder stripes, ala:

gretzky1.jpg

Also, I think it would look better if the crest were smaller. It looks like the head itself is a normal size crest, then you added the stuff around it and made it too big. (And is it just me, or were crests on the whole smaller in the Original 6 era than they are now?) Are you going to do a white Blackhawks jersey? I'd be curious to see that as well.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

The Boston one's my favourite. My only problem with the Hawks jerseys is how the numerous black and white stripes on the shoulder look like referee tunics or whatnot. Is there some way you could differentiate that without doing away with the idea?

took a look back at the originals, and i don't really figure i could find a way that I could alter the idea without totally scrapping it or making it look like the Leafs one i'm gonna come out with a little later on.

HurricaneDavid: i have fallen in love with that style before and my Leafs jersey is gonna have similar striping, and the crest does seem a little big now that you mention it. looking at NHLUniforms.com (and also the USA throwbacks), it does seem that way. i had thought of making a white version and probably will make that and maybe a black one as well.

2016cubscreamsig.png

You saw the first half of the Original Six, now get a load of the other half.

First, TML also known as the reason I did the Hawks how I did ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...tmlheritage.gif

if it looks familiar, it should. did something very similar a while back, and IMO i improved on it.

The New York Rangers of Manhattan :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...ersheritage.gif

I knew I was gonna have trouble with the Rags, cus there isn't that much to take cues from. basically, the home blue and the Liberty jersey become one here and take an element (contrast sleeve) from the late 70s jersey. Along the way I took a cue from several Argentine soccer clubs with a sash.

Lastly, but not least, Les Habitants

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Disc...ealheritage.gif

back when they were originally formed, the Habs actually wore blue shirts with a white stripe, as odd as it seems. numberwise, it came down to this: red numbers may make this look like the Rangers, but white numbers were illegible. lesser of two evils.

the O6 finished, I'm now deciding which other teams to do. The Blue Jackets are tops on my list, alongside the Avs, Ducks and Penguins.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Why the hell not?

I love the Habs' blue jerseys!

It would be a swell 3rd jersey (I stand by my reasoning that 3rds are meant to explore new images and identities for the team), and the Bulldogs of the AHL already have a similar jersey...could someone find a pic of it?

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Why the hell not?

I love the Habs' blue jerseys!

It would be a swell 3rd jersey (I stand by my reasoning that 3rds are meant to explore new images and identities for the team), and the Bulldogs of the AHL already have a similar jersey...could someone find a pic of it?

Well the Leafs & Rangers are already blue--and I like the red better--as an alt maybe though...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

do something for us stars/northstars/barons/seals fans :D

hell, mix the whole shabangabang into 1 outstandingly discrimitastical explosion of barber-pole stripes :hockeysmiley:

you know i love your concepts... they make my eyes confused in a very interesting way.

do something for us stars/northstars/barons/seals fans :D

hell, mix the whole shabangabang into 1 outstandingly discrimitastical explosion of barber-pole stripes :hockeysmiley:

you know i love your concepts... they make my eyes confused in a very interesting way.

i'm workin on it, though deciding what direction to go in ain't gonna be easy. basically, i know this:

i'm not gonna do the Sens, Flyers or any of the most recent expansion teams apart from Columbus. I probably am not gonna do the Kings or Blues, though that might change. I am definitely doing the Blue Jackets, Avs, Sharks, and Lightning. Everybody else is a maybe.

2016cubscreamsig.png

take bowl. mix in one part Blue Jackets and one part Barons. turn on blender.

columbusheritage.gif

here we go, one of the teams i knew i was gonna do. i know you gonna do it too :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Not bad. Kinda Nordiques-esque.

Again with the whole "vintage-for-relatively-new-franchise-with-no-history" thing that I dislike. I'm pretty sure I've brought this up already...

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Not bad. Kinda Nordiques-esque.

Again with the whole "vintage-for-relatively-new-franchise-with-no-history" thing that I dislike. I'm pretty sure I've brought this up already...

Suigi, surprised you didn't see the Cleveland Barons likeness in the Columbus BJ jersey....can you guess what it is? :P

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived