Randy Johnson number

mjrbaseball

The New York Post is reporting that Randy Johnson will wear number 41 with the Yankees this season. That is supposed to be announced on Monday after Johnson's physical. They don't say what the significance of the number is.

(Johnson can't wear his usual number 51, because Bernie Williams has been 51 for the past fourteen seasons with the Yankees.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Well its similar to 51 just 10 less.

I heard the reason Bernie wears 51 is for Puerto Rico in support of statehood if they ever become a state they wil be the first 51st state.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well its similar to 51 just 10 less.

I heard the reason Bernie wears 51 is for Puerto Rico in support of statehood if they ever become a state they wil be the first 51st state.

He should wear 52. DC will become a state before PR will. Both will be never though.

It seems whenever they get a new star player there is a number conflict. Just a thought.

Unlike the Portland Trail Blazers, who should just hurry up and change the official uniform to prison Orange, with numbers stenciled on to the left breast.

"charging, number 617-716" (Yes, that was the number of one of the Beagle Boys)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This just sucks for me.

The number on my beer league softball uni is 51 and has been for several years to honor R.J. (my favorite pitcher). 41 is a silly number.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Just watch, Ken Griffey Jr. will end his career with the Yankees too!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The Yankees have # conflicts because they've retired so many:

1,3,4,5,7,8 (twice),9,10,15,16,23,32,37,44

It's a little bit much.

number 49 is retired and number 21 is unofficially retired. Steinbrenner loves to have player days and retire a players number.

Looks like the Unit woke up on the wrong side of the bed alst night.

Big Unit gets physical with cameraman

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

This is one thing I really hate about the stankees, they over-rate there "home-grown" players. Bernie is a decent player but by no means a hall of famer. He should let Johnson wear 51. This was the same with Jeter last season. Arod is the better shortstop and should be playing there.

This is one thing I really hate about the stankees, they over-rate there "home-grown" players. Bernie is a decent player but by no means a hall of famer. He should let Johnson wear 51. This was the same with Jeter last season. Arod is the better shortstop and should be playing there.

Absolute not. I'm not saying Bernie Williams is a Hall of Famer, but he is a life long Yankee who will be in his 15th year with the team. He was a key part of 4 World Championships, he's not a Hall of Famer but he has earned the right to keep his number over a guy who will be here for 2 years. Same thing with Jeter he's a life long Yankee who was a key part of 4 World Series and on top of that he was named team captain. He earned the right to keep his position over a guy who just joined the team. BTW, Arod did fine at 3b last year, if I remember correctly he won a gold glove.

The guys who have been on the team and have been a key part of winning earn the right to keep their number or position over someone who just joins the team.

This was the same with Jeter last season. Arod is the better shortstop and should be playing there.

HELL NO!!!!!! I'm an avid Yankee Hater but, Jeter is way better SS than Slap-Rod. Sure Slap-rod has better offensive seasons but I can't imagine Slap-rod going head first to the stands for a foul ball. He's the team captain and has the right to keep his position as the SS.

This was the same with Jeter last season. Arod is the better shortstop and should be playing there.

HELL NO!!!!!! I'm an avid Yankee Hater but, Jeter is way better SS than Slap-Rod. Sure Slap-rod has better offensive seasons but I can't imagine Slap-rod going head first to the stands for a foul ball. He's the team captain and has the right to keep his position as the SS.

Can we please get over one play, where he lost his balance.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Archived